A friend of mine recently started playing online, he has been playing full ring 0.5/1 at stars, and whilst he started ok has struggled recently.here are his stats for last 4,000 hands, in 2x2,000 blocks:> Hold'em (Real Money):>> 2000 hands played and saw flop:> - 74 times out of 218 while in small blind (34%)> - 137 times out of 215 while in big blind (64%)> - 308 times out of 1567 in other positions (20%)> - a total of 519 times out of 2000 (26%)>> Pots won at showdown - 69 out of 145 (48%)> Pots won without showdown - 145 and> 2000 hands played and saw flop:> - 68 times out of 217 while in small blind (31%)> - 129 times out of 212 while in big blind (61%)> - 301 times out of 1571 in other positions (19%)> - a total of 498 times out of 2000 (25%)>> Pots won at showdown - 67 out of 151 (44%)> Pots won without showdown - 127 whilst i realise these stats are far from detailed or conclusive, is there anything that you guys can comment on, good or bad?

Pots won at showdown seems low.It looks like he's actually going to showdown to often, maybe?It's possible he's running poorly, which would lower the showdown %, or it's possible he's seeing too many showdowns.Of course, 4k hands is next to nothing.Not sure what else I can derive from this.

yeah 4000 hands isnt much.come back with about 10,000.also, im not sure what 2000 hands played means, but if it means he's playing 2000 of 4000 hands he's playing way too loose.

everything seems reasonable.Looks to be running a bit cold.Hard to say without knowing how many players go to showdown and it would help if we had some Pre-flop Raise numbers and Post FLop aggression.

Flops seen seem ok, maybe a bit high, but probably ok. Other than that, there's not much that can be derived from these stats. I'd advise you...err...your friend, to get pokertracker. You can learn a lot about your game and how you're playng from it.

Might be a touch loose. 19 or 20% VP$IP, not including the blinds is high. 25 or 26% overall is high in full ring I think.And I agree with Zach, he's not winning enough at showdown. That number needs to be over 50% - and I understand that someones it's tough to fold the river for just one more bet, but too many loose river calls is a weak. And that likely goes back to starting hand selection - I would not be surprised to see a your buddy losing a lot of Top Pair, Not Top Kicker type hands at showdown. Playing too many weak Aces, that sort of thing.

I'm See FLOP: 24.4% All Hands and 18.7% Not a Blindand 59.3% W$SD%weird.Less than 50% W$SD is fine if 3 players see showdown routinely.ps. I'm in a bit of a downswing in $1/2... how's $2/4 ?

Yeah, that's crazy.The rest of the numbers seem sorta normal.Your WTSD is sorta low, so that woudl help the W$SD figure up a bit, but not as much as it is, I don't think.

I've decided 10k is so meaningless these days.Especially shorthanded... like I have had 30k breakeven stretches this year already...
wow.Still, certain aspects of paly remain pretty stable over 10k and you can see leaks.BB/100 varies a decent bit for sure

20,000 hands - mostly 2/4, some 1/2, 3/6 with or without kill. Some hands from HORSE tables too. This is pretty much since I started playing limit seriously in the fall:VP$IP 17.0WTSD 27.2W$SD 59.0Slightly losing (-.7BB/100) over that.Yup, tight. Majority of that was before I came here, and I have made some adjustments. Not playing a lot more hands, but playing more aggressively and creeping the win rate to slighly positive in the last few thousand.I still say the W$SD has to be over 50% - yes, when it goes 3 way to the river there's (usually) only one winner, but if you're going to a 3 way river with a losing hand it's as much a cause for concern as doing it heads up (unless the river is checked around and you've a busted draw).

I think you play too tight postflop from the looks of that WTSB Frez, but Im not that great with PT stats and some of this might be from playing in loose FR games.

Not playing a lot more hands, but playing more aggressively and creeping the win rate to slighly positive in the last few thousand.
it took me almost 15k hands to get a positive winrate for 3/6. i was beating 2/4 for over 4BB/100 so i could afford to stick it out, though, playing the best tables from both levels. sometimes, for me atleast, it takes a while to get used to a new level.my VP$IP is 18.77 and i play pretty loose, so 17 aint so bad.PF raise % is 12.84AF is 1.94went to showdown: 35%won at showdown: 51%from about 69k hands minus my last few sessions as PT has been slowing down the Full Tilt program for some reason, so i have to go in afterwards and log the hands. eww gross $6000 in total rake. i have to get in one of those rakeback deals

I'll check my FR stats when I get home... my DB will be small for FR, but could be interesting... I'm looking at these stats from a SH viewpoint, and I'm getting the wrong ideas.I'm in the process of moving though... =/

You "pay of" wizard...Less showdowns. I know it's hard for people to bluff against you, but if they have u beat more than 50% of the time you make some wrong decisions

You "pay of" wizard...Less showdowns. I know it's hard for people to bluff against you, but if they have u beat more than 50% of the time you make some wrong decisions
what if we go to showdown 3 handed, on average?What if we are gettin 8:1 on average?Your blanket statement is meaningless without context