Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $1/$25 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $16.25GarbageBag: $60.50Button: $18.75SB: $11.75BB: $19Pre-flop: (5 players) GarbageBag is CO with A :D T :) UTG calls, GarbageBag calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.Flop: T :club: 3 :D 2 :D (5SB, 5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, GarbageBag bets, Button raises, 3 folds, GarbageBag 3-bets, Button calls.Turn: T :D (5.5BB, 2 players)GarbageBag bets, Button raises, GarbageBag 3-bets, Button caps, GarbageBag calls.River: 4 :) (13.5BB, 2 players)GarbageBag checks, Button bets, GarbageBag calls.Results:Final pot: 15.5BB

Seems fine to me. I may keep betting the river depending on my mood. It's very possible he's betting a weaker ten and not just pocket three's or deuces. He didn't cap the flop which I would expect with a set.

I raise this preflop 100% of the time.Especially with a limper.- Isolate the probable lesser hand that limped.- Buy the button.- Add value to the pot with your good hand.

He didn't cap the flop which I would expect with a set.
With a hand as strong as a set, a player with position will often only raise-call the flop in order to set up another raise on the turn where the bets are bigger.Very common.So the lack of flop cap does not signify any sign of weakness.Villain's turn raise represents either Trips or the Full House.I play postflop optimistically as you did and 3bet.Once it's capped, the chances of the Full House are too high to push any more.I check-call the river.--CM
With a hand as strong as a set, a player with position will often only raise-call the flop in order to set up another raise on the turn where the bets are bigger.Very common.So the lack of flop cap does not signify any sign of weakness.--CM
Are the players at $1/$2 smart enough to do that? I didn't think you started running into that until 10/20 or 15/30. I haven't played much 1/2 at all. I skipped that level. So maybe you do... I figured at that level they'd either cap or just call the single bet and wake up on the turn.
Are the players at $1/$2 smart enough to do that? I didn't think you started running into that until 10/20 or 15/30. I haven't played much 1/2 at all. I skipped that level. So maybe you do... I figured at that level they'd either cap or just call the single bet and wake up on the turn.
I don't consider the idea to be a very advanced play.And I think players do it at most levels.--cm
Are you kidding?This is online poker in July of 2007. It's not exactly Party Poker circa 2003 anymore.