Starting Online Play Again (few Questions)

Hello all -Recently I stopped playing online poker on PokerStars (thanks to a mix of playing terribly and running terribly), and no longer felt comfortable with my online game. I started getting too cocky playing MTT's/SNGs after I final tabled the SM, and as a result, I lost like a thousand bucks online. Ever since I started playing 1/2NL (up from .25/.50) I didn't mind the swings in my BR, but for some reason I totally lost my confidence in my game and even stopped playing live for a bit.Since then, I've just been trolling the forums, reading a few books, and watching some play. I love the game of poker, I'm always at this site reading the forums, at cardplayer/pokernews reading up on the latest, and I can't think of just giving up the game.Well, since most of the $22k is gone and my house is approximately $11k nicer, and the government has stolen around $4000, I decided to get back into poker to see if I can play like I did before my big cash to make sure I still have the income I'm used to.I just got the money into ePassporte today, US$500.Back in the days of my $3-400 BR online, played $15+1 SNGs exclusively, and sometimes .25/.50 NL 6 handed. I tried playing 1/2 online for a bit but I just did terrible.Starting with $500, what is a good SNg amount to start playing? Or a good cash game amount? Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

Heh, definitely not going to play 1/2 online for a while. If I must say so, I am above average at reading players at the table, but below average online. Much of my NL live strength comes from reading ability. I lose some of that online, and just don't feel confortable at those stakes online.

As a side note, the amount is $500 because ePassporte has a limit on how much you can deposit at one time. My actual bankroll is actually in the $2500-$3000 range.

As a side note, the amount is $500 because ePassporte has a limit on how much you can deposit at one time. My actual bankroll is actually in the $2500-$3000 range.
With that BR you could play .25/.50NL or 1/2Limit comfortably with $10-$15 SNG's. Good luck at the tables.

If you have a 3kish roll you can easily play $50 sngs safely, although you might want to start lower to get back into the swing of it.Also, you final tabled the Sunday Million awhile ago. Please play tournaments.

Play on a site with rakeback/bonus/reward points.Hint: AP.Unless you hate monies.
agree.. lots of fish on AP and rakeback is nice (PM for details). if you play PS then the 4.40/180 sngs are nice.

Definitely start at a 1-2NL game and take it slow at first and don't try to do too much too quickly. Set a daily limit for yourself for both wins and losses.... and make sure that follow them. The key to winning is your bankroll management and making sure that you don't play in limits that are above what your bankroll can sustain.

The key to winning is your bankroll management and making sure that you don't play in limits that are above what your bankroll can sustain.
nonot trueKey to winning is playing against worse players, in the long run.

Well, after day two I deposited $498 and am up to $705.50. Going well so far, playing $15 9-man SNG's and an occasional MTT.If anyone's interested, I started a blog, there's a link below.

Definitely start at a 1-2NL game and take it slow at first and don't try to do too much too quickly. Set a daily limit for yourself for both wins and losses.... and make sure that follow them. The key to winning is your bankroll management and making sure that you don't play in limits that are above what your bankroll can sustain.
This is the worst advice ever, or else a mis-type. Start SLOW with 1-2nl and a roll of 3k (only $500 of which is online now)??? Even if his whole roll is online, that gives him 15 buy-ins...5 less than the low end of what you should have. Maybe you meant limit. I am confused because you say he should be very careful with BR management etc, then tell him to start slow by playing a game that is significantly outside his roll.