Wsop Event #39 World Championship H.o.r.s.e. $ 50,000

The pokernews order of cards had Daniel's hand as (J8)3 and Bruno's as (AA)3. If Daniel had split jacks here to start that would make a lot more sense.
Oh, I didn't even notice that.I'm fairly sure he did, I can't see why he'd play a J83, no wonder you're confused.I'm sure he'll clear it up.And I think I figured it out... I think Fitoussi completed to 20k with the Ace, DN raised, and then Fitoussi Re-raised. That sounds right.EDIT: Yeah, that order is way off. He never caught a jack later. They were split from the start, with an 8.It was (J8)J ...I'm pretty sure. Blank on 4th, 8 on 5th (All-in), blank, blank. GG.
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I didn't even notice that.I'm fairly sure he did, I can't see why he'd play a J83, no wonder you're confused.
But it was SOOOOTED!!!
I'm sure he'll clear it up.And I think I figured it out... I think Fitoussi completed to 20k with the Ace, DN raised, and then Fitoussi Re-raised. That sounds right.EDIT: Yeah, that order is way off. He never caught a jack later. They were split from the start, with an 8.It was (J8)J ...I'm pretty sure. Blank on 4th, 8 on 5th (All-in), blank, blank. GG.
Pretty standard hand, DN doesn't have enough chips to fold even though Fitoussi either has an overpair or a bunch of big cards, standard flip when the money went in.
It wasn't that final hand that done him in, it is the big loss's in the last hour of day three's play.The other players being all in and making their draws, thats what caused the demise of his stack.Sorry to see you bust Mr Negreanu, maybe one time your hands will hold up.
Oh yeah, Daniel has just had a lifetime of running bad. Man, if he can ever get some luck he might get his big break.
Oh yeah, Daniel has just had a lifetime of running bad. Man, if he can ever get some luck he might get his big break.
OK. I will add this:Maybe one time your hands will hold up in the last hour of each day, probably when you have a large chip lead over your table and certainly top 10 in the tournament.
I'm still just stunned at how good he is playing yet how bad he's running this year. The Rio is cursed I tell ya!man....so sick....
it just happens to him so oftenjust so sick, I know
OK. I will add this:Maybe one time your hands will hold up in the last hour of each day, probably when you have a large chip lead over your table and certainly top 10 in the tournament.
I'm just saying that I don't think Daniel is immediately someone I would think of as going through a lifetime of running bad.Running a big stack into the ground at the end of the day is commonplace for limit tournaments. Because the stakes are so large compared to the stack sizes, a few mistakes plus a few bad beats will deplete a large stack. Limit tourneys are very swingy, and you have to have a huge rush to go deep in limit tourneys.
Ok im not really willing to bet but I think deep down he really wants to gamble. Man suited why you gotta do me like that?
Maybe on Golf, or Wii Bowling. But ya know... I just gotta keep it real, lol.

blowing through 30~35 big bets in 4 and a half (2.5 hours) levels, in a live HORSE tourney (getting how many hands / level?) is crazy, and inexcusable. Completely understandable (obv. running bad, coupled with steaming, coupled with poor play, coupled with people taking shots at you b/c they think you're steaming), but inexcusable nonetheless. Suck it up and move on, ME for redemption, $1000 rebuy for relaxation (lol).

LOL i was thinking the same thing i was like how the beep is that donk still around
Hardly a donk. Has more poker experience than many readers here for sure! Got 2nd in a bracelet event a year or two ago also. Better than you think.
Hardly a donk. Has more poker experience than many readers here for sure! Got 2nd in a bracelet event a year or two ago also. Better than you think.
watch him play in this event he was definatly outclassed by 95% of the field

Here is how the hand went down. Bruno had an Ace up in middle position, and behind him was my Jack and all baby cards. His raise there is close to automatic considering I'm on the short stack. He raises, and with a completely live J-J-8 I decide to finish the hand quickly and re-raise to 40,000. Comes back to Bruno, and he makes it 60,000 and it's pretty obvious to me he has AA. At this point I have to call the 20,000 more. On fourth street we both catch dead cards. He bets 20,000 and I call. On fifth he catches another dead card and I make JJ883. His hand is AA 34Q. He bets 40,000 I go all in for 49,000. Bricks on sixth street... he catches a 3 on the river. The hand played itself, but it's pretty unlucky to have JJ there and for Bruno to actually have AA in a spot where he would raise blind. I can't believe I'm out and wish there was a rebuy. I hope Barry wins to protect the event's image. If the wrong guy wins it's just bad for poker and when I left there were several donkeys left in the tournament. I watched some of the worst poker I've seen last night. Stephen Wolf cost me a big pot in a situation he had no business in. Amnon made a donkey play against me, and other players made plays that will boggle your mind.