I started full tilt last week on the 17th, and played my absolute best poker. i felt really great about my reads and moves. from a $500 br, i went to 1.2k in one week. than starting on my second week on the 24th, i just lost it. my reads are waaay off, im paying off every river, i cant seem to get anything going, and im constantly on tilt and out of my br range... WHAT DO I DO NOW! im back to where i started, with 500 again.. and everytime i try to begin all over, i just lose all my winnings and begin again at the orginal 500!!!

Ship it to FWP and let's see if he can work his magic on itIf only i knew who FWP is or was..?
Don't worry, he can detect you distress. He will find you.
...And ease you into things you normally don't want to do.
He'll talk you into having sex someplace uncomfortable?
:club::D:D Glad someone got it.
Brilliant. That was a great movie. I must have watched it over a hundred times in high school.
Brilliant. That was a great movie. I must have watched it over a hundred times in high school.
Yea, it really sucks that Smith thinks it's one of his worst. I think it's one of his best. Of course Jason Lee made that movie, he was hilarious.Awesome avatar, BTW. Danzig is the friggin' man.

Your bankroll is effecting how you play. When you are playing with the money you have won sure you do feel better andsometimes play better but think about what you did to get the money there in the first place ! Your are changing your game and thismay not be playing * better * when you think you are ! Im guessing you click on your cashier button every time you win or lose a pot ? Don't ! play your best game and check up on your money at the end of the month.

Long time reader but this is my first post on any thread!! (FCP took forever to validate my username) Anyway in response to the initial question... As a full tilt player myself, I too have gone through these same swings. One day I can sit at 2 1/2 tables and make 400+. The next day I can lost 800+ playing what I deem to be the same exact playing style. Im not going to go as far to say that online poker is rigged but swings are part of the game and the slump im in right now has gone on for about 3 weeks. Only solution is to keep playing and you will eventually find your groove again. (Just stick to lower stakes until you find that confidence again :club: )

Maybe try taking a break for a few days. Try not to think about poker, then come back and get your BR up again.

With a 500 BR you are pretty much set to play 25NL (20 buy ins). Not sure what limits you're playing now but I would suggest taking a day or two off to shut the engines down and just regroup and then head to 25NL and grind it out. Stay in your BR range and don't try and move up levels to recoup losses.

Veener Schnitz (haha.. funny name), Erik, Vtlaxer, and thib, thanks for the advice. All of it was extremely helpful. FWP-associated people.. wasn't.

Yea, it really sucks that Smith thinks it's one of his worst. I think it's one of his best. Of course Jason Lee made that movie, he was hilarious.
I think Kevin Smith always resented mallrats because it wasn't the commercial break through he thought it would be. I'm pretty sure he figured Mallrats would be big in theaters and put him on the map. The movie is top notch from start to finish, and there isn't a 5 minute stretch of that movie that wasn't a. ) memorable and b. ) quoted by your friends incessantly.Of course, I'll never be able to eat a chocolate covered pretzel again. I consider it a small price to pay.

I hate to be a downer, but more than doubling your roll in a week is not a sustainable winrate, and it's quite possible that in addition to getting lucky, you might have also been playing badly. Not saying you were, just saying to examine your game closely and keep reasonable expectations.

I think Kevin Smith always resented mallrats because it wasn't the commercial break through he thought it would be. I'm pretty sure he figured Mallrats would be big in theaters and put him on the map. The movie is top notch from start to finish, and there isn't a 5 minute stretch of that movie that wasn't a. ) memorable and b. ) quoted by your friends incessantly.Of course, I'll never be able to eat a chocolate covered pretzel again. I consider it a small price to pay.
I think it was more that Hollywood really had their fingers in his pie on Mallrats. Clerks, he made the way he wanted to make it. On Mallrats he had studio execs on his case. I think maybe he had some other ideas that he didn't get to include or something. Either way... it's one of my favorites. To me Chasing Amy was great, but again... Jason Lee made it.