Wsop Event #39 World Championship H.o.r.s.e. $ 50,000

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Daniel! I can't wait to watch ESPN when they show this. Make sure you atleast make final table Negreanu! :club:
ESPN isnt showing this...right?Im just assuming they wont since this FT isnt NLHE
Phil Ivey2002 33rd Annual World Series of PokerLimit S.H.O.E (Event 23)$2,000 buy-in 5/10/2002 1st $107,540 Please do not post incorrect info. You owe Phil Ivey an apology to the great Ivey for disrespecting his skillz!
Nope. I didnt say he never won a mixed event that included holdem. I said he never won a holdem bracelet. But either way, my point was not to dis Ivey. cuz ivey is awesome. My point was you can be great in all poker games and not have a bracelet in those game.

no this will be on espn, in fact they start filming today and continue through the rest of the tournament for 8 episodes total, i thinki just wanna know how they'll explain hi-lo games to the general public, they even had razz on once

ESPN isnt showing this...right?Im just assuming they wont since this FT isnt NLHE
Wrong. They will be dedicating quite a bit of coverage to this event.I for one, CANNOT wait to see the telcasts of this event. It appears they will be doing kinda like what they do for their ME coverage, where they cover the tourney all the up to the FT (only difference being they tart coverage on Day 3... kinda like the '05 TOC)...
I believe this question has been answered earlier. Yes it is being aired, and yes they are playing H.O.R.S.E at the FT. A reliable source has indicated 8 episodes dedicated to this tourney. Thanks green Jedi Knight!
I believe this question has been answered earlier. Yes it is being aired, and yes they are playing H.O.R.S.E at the FT. A reliable source has indicated 8 episodes dedicated to this tourney. Thanks green Jedi Knight!
no****ingwayESPN is gonna show a game OTHER than holdem for 8 episodesdamn
no****ingwayESPN is gonna show a game OTHER than holdem for 8 episodesdamn
There was a time that they showed other games. I know they did in '04, not sure about '05
There was a time that they showed other games. I know they did in '04, not sure about '05
They showed 2 PLO and 2 Stud Hi events in 05

Sean I don't see why you discount Phil Hellmuth's chances so flippantly. He's played all the games, made numerous final tables in mixed game tournies, won 11 bracelets(apparently he can handle pressure) & has won a major stud tourny in Europe as well as many other accomplishments that would take too long to mention. On top of all this he has made it to the final 25 or so of the toughest field in poker in good chip position.Is it because some pros like DN like to make a big production to say how they welcome him anytime in their cash game?Don't worry, all the pros know he is dangerous in this format as well as HE. That being said, I hope he crashes and burns because if he wins it we'll never hear the end of it.

Don't worry, all the pros know he is dangerous in this format as well as HE.
dangerous? yes, in generaldangerous as the seventh short stack? not really
That Ft had Lederer, Boyd & Cloutier didn't it?Who won btw?
cloutier won, dutch gave all his chips away, it looked like he barely knew how to play

Lets go Mike Matusow..I bet him to win at 170-1...nice payday for me if it comes in..by the way I despise Isabelle Mercier after what I saw today...I am a Canadian and support all our countrymen and women...However she crossed the line by wearing a Montreal Canadiens shirt today...I AM GLAD SHE IS OUT

The thing about Hellmuth is, even if he was twice as good as he thinks he is, he's still a douchebag.I can't stand his antics. "If it weren't for luck..." "I'm the best holdem player in the world" "This guy can't spell poker" etc, etc, etc... ad naseum.If he final tables this event it will just feed his douchebag ego even more, and we'll all be forced to live with it or give up railing big tourneys.Other players also have a similar rep, but I actually like most of them. The Mouth, The Sheik, The Unabomber? I think they're hilarious.I can't really put my finger on it, other than simply to say that I think he's an unfunny douchebag similar to Jamie Gold.

my final table:mike matusowbarry greensteindaniel negreanuamnon filippifreddy deebdavid singerkenny trangabe kaplan

That Ft had Lederer, Boyd & Cloutier didn't it?Who won btw?
And Juanda. TJ beat Dutch HU. It was the weirdest HU in the history of the WSOP... sometimes people joke, "He didn't know how to play." But SERIOUSLY, the way Dutch played HU I REALLY don't think he knew how to play. Just ridiculous calls and raises... I was in shock as I watched it.