Jerk Store Woulda Smoked That Guy

So. a little bit of a twist to bad beat stories.This could have been movie material.I am currently playing all my poker live.1/2NL 200 buy in.I am playing a table of donks. a hand full of good players. the entire day i have been back and forth vs this 50 year old italian guy who is hyper lag donkish1 limp, and donk makes a raise to 12 from MP. i call with (10c 9s) folds around.HUflop is K,10,3 rainbow.donk leads out 15. I call. (not 100% sure on where i'm at. and didnt want to inflate this pot at this point)turn is 6.donk insta checks. I bet 25.donk grabs his hand, looks at it., looks at his neighbors and appears to be seconds away from mucking, when i say: "Your ace high is no good"he says, "you mean my King?"I reply with "i know you dont have a King, I know you have A,9 or A,8 type of garbage."He laughs, and say Call.river is a brick.He says "75" instantly. and shoves 75 worth of chips in the middle.Now a few things go through my mind. he sent me for a loop here. I put him on a weak Ace, and i thought 100% thats what he was playing, but how could he do this.maybe i was wrong, maybe its A,10.after a minute of debating, he says "if u have a King, ur good". but that doesnt help obv. I fold. But as i fold i remember something of great importance. The last hour of playing, whenevr he had a good hand that he thought was the winner (2 pair, sets etc..) he would grab chips and stick them in the middle and say "i dont know how much, just call"Now, he said "75".and it all dawned on me soo fast that as he started to throw his hand over i knew he was going to show a bluff. and he showed A,9.which is soo sick that i called his hand out, and then got pwned.I spent the entire day thinking "If i clued in about his 75 dollar bet before folding, I would have opened my hand, showed the 10,9o and psuhed all in vs his bluff.woulda been soo sweet. jerk store woulda smoked that guy.thats it

This is ALMOST why I love live poker so much. These reads make internet poker annoying in comparison. I say ALMOST, well, because you know...

I guess the title of the post suckered me into reading this. I really don't get it...you call all these people donks then call a raise preflop with 10 9 off...then proceed to play the hand bad...not to mention if you would have kept your mouth shut you probably would have won the hand instead you told the guy what you were thinking and he used it against you to pull off a bold bluff.

I guess the title of the post suckered me into reading this. I really don't get it...you call all these people donks then call a raise preflop with 10 9 off...then proceed to play the hand bad...not to mention if you would have kept your mouth shut you probably would have won the hand instead you told the guy what you were thinking and he used it against you to pull off a bold bluff.
u dont play live much do you.i'm assuming you dont play very well either.TAG might keep you a break even player. But you'll never become a wining player if you cant get to level 4 thinking. :club:

Wow dude...a little defensive...but I can understand. You assume a lot about me which is very strange. Just so you know I was playing live games in Vegas and CA while you were still in middle school trying to feel up your first girlfriend. Besides I didnt come posting about a hand I played poorly...when I do feel free to comment. Lets break down your hand. You call a preflop raise...well that's a strange call but I can live with it. The thing that really bugs me is the fact that on the flop you just call again. A lot of good players with a second pair there might raise right there...you said you don't know where you are at...well that would tell you pretty quick. If he comes over the top then the guy has some balls and you might have to fold...but not many in a 1/2 game do and that's why it works. On the turn you should have bet more...to me a $25 bet into a $60 pot seems like a slightly weak bet and I think the guy sniffed it out as so after you opened your mouth. He was probably thinking this guy thinks I have A9 or A8 and after I checked he's trying to take the pot with something that's not all that great.See, of all the things you did, it seems like you had a guy that loves action and by opening your mouth you triggered a calling reflex and then embolded him to bluff you out on the river. Not to mention the info you gave him by what you said. Maybe you don't see it.Keep in mind great players will play hands poorly from time to time. Even Ivey talks about doing it a lot. Do you think you played the hand well? To me it seems like your point is you know you played it poorly and were outplayed by a guy you think you should beat.

Wow dude...a little defensive...but I can understand. You assume a lot about me which is very strange. Just so you know I was playing live games in Vegas and CA while you were still in middle school trying to feel up your first girlfriend. Besides I didnt come posting about a hand I played poorly...when I do feel free to comment. I play loads of players who have years and years of experience. It doesnt mean they are good.Lets break down your hand. You call a preflop raise...well that's a strange call but I can live with it. The thing that really bugs me is the fact that on the flop you just call again. A lot of good players with a second pair there might raise right there...you said you don't know where you are at...well that would tell you pretty quick. If he comes over the top then the guy has some balls and you might have to fold...but not many in a 1/2 game do and that's why it works. On the turn you should have bet more...to me a $25 bet into a $60 pot seems like a slightly weak bet and I think the guy sniffed it out as so after you opened your mouth. He was probably thinking this guy thinks I have A9 or A8 and after I checked he's trying to take the pot with something that's not all that great.You cant assume all players understand the fundamentals of basic NL holdem. i have played with this guy before. and I know he is garbage. I also know his very capable of getting his money in with marginal hands. I didnt want to inflate this pot anymore, and by showing i'm strong enough to call a flop bet on a non connecting rainbow board. does give me some info, since he checks behind. If he fires out a 2nd time, i can respect his too bullets and lay down my hand.See, of all the things you did, it seems like you had a guy that loves action and by opening your mouth you triggered a calling reflex and then embolded him to bluff you out on the river. Not to mention the info you gave him by what you said. Maybe you don't see it.Exactly, which is why i posted it in BAD BEAT forums, and not strategy. i made a mistake and was ahead, but got pwned. I admitted that in the original postKeep in mind great players will play hands poorly from time to time. Even Ivey talks about doing it a lot. Do you think you played the hand well? To me it seems like your point is you know you played it poorly and were outplayed by a guy you think you should beat.again. another point i already covered. So lets go back to your 1st post. You said i call people donks, but you called me a donk for playing 9,10o in position vs a laggy player with not much post flop skill.in a tournament. you have valid points. in a cash game, not soo much.

I think you've explained yourself a lot better here.I agree with you that age and experience doesnt mean a lot if a player keeps making the same mistakes over and over and has years and years of bad habits.I still don't like calling a raise with 10 9 off...the fact that you explained the play more makes it more digestable to me but still in a $200 buy in I don't like it. If you are at Ceasers or somewhere where the buy in is $400 or unlimited then yeah it makes more sense in a deeper stack game.I guess the thing that kind of gets me is people that are calling every player they sit with a donk as if they are all terrible. Not saying this applys to you but I feel like there are so many guys that have been playing for a few years and think they know everything...it's like they overestimate themselves and underestimate everyone else. Your first post had that feel to it to me. Some of the best players out there are the LAGs that really look crazy and donkish but thats what they want you to think. But yeah you get all kinds playing live 1/2nl and there are a ton of terrible players. And most of the time if it looks, smells, and sounds like a donk...it's a donk.