Can't they just show an episode without annoying little "revenue enhancers"?
I remember watching some of the HSP reruns without those silly games. It's so annoying when the screen gets squished! Apparently, there are some idiots out there who play them, so we have to suffer. I'm sure they'll ruin the WPT episodes with them as well.ESPN2 and ESPN have those annoying tickers at the bottom of the screen, so it looks like clutter-free tv poker will rarely occur. I'm sure eventually, that they'll add a different logo in each corner of the screen; one for Pepsi, one for Tide, etc. They already have Budweiser hole-cams and Degree all-in moments on ESPN, so I'm sure it will only get worse! :club:
I remember watching some of the HSP reruns without those silly games. It's so annoying when the screen gets squished! Apparently, there are some idiots out there who play them, so we have to suffer. I'm sure they'll ruin the WPT episodes with them as well.ESPN2 and ESPN have those annoying tickers at the bottom of the screen, so it looks like clutter-free tv poker will rarely occur. I'm sure eventually, that they'll add a different logo in each corner of the screen; one for Pepsi, one for Tide, etc. They already have Budweiser hole-cams and Degree all-in moments on ESPN, so I'm sure it will only get worse! :club:
I don't mind so much them trying to make an extra $ or two, but when they actively interfere with their PRIMARY function of airing a show, it is pretty stupid. For people who did not see the show this week - GSN was running some sort of game ON TOP of the HSP Episode. They'd show an animated playing card with a text box and timer counting down - viewers could play some sort of game involving the card and text messages. Again, this is right ON THE SCREEN during the Poker Action - not on some little unobtrusive side bar or ticker on the bottom of the screen.

Ad revenue is dropping as more people timeshift their favorite programs with DVR and such. GSN's little gamelets are just a way to try to bring more viewers to the show in real time. I fear we will see a lot more of this, if it works, that is.

I was more pissed off at the thunderstorm warnings during late night poker. I couldnt read anybodys hole cards. At least this GSN game wasnt covering the hole cards.

Saw it, hated it, someone needs to get fired over it. Can't they save it for the World Series of Blackjack? They already have that silly Burger King chip there.

I don't mind so much them trying to make an extra $ or two, but when they actively interfere with their PRIMARY function of airing a show, it is pretty stupid. For people who did not see the show this week - GSN was running some sort of game ON TOP of the HSP Episode. They'd show an animated playing card with a text box and timer counting down - viewers could play some sort of game involving the card and text messages. Again, this is right ON THE SCREEN during the Poker Action - not on some little unobtrusive side bar or ticker on the bottom of the screen.
Wow. I'm glad I cancelled GSN and didn't see that. I would have had a stroke. It's amazing what tv stations get away with.I also wouldn't call a ticker at the bottom of the screen, unobtrusive. Obnoxious, would be a better word. In fact, those tickers are the catalysts for even more clutter.Now, GSN and other stations feel they can get away with anything. Flashing and spinning logos; Coming up next or You are watching messages appearing every 15 minutes or so, are just some examples. Enough already. If you want to know the scores, watch ESPN News. If you want to know what's coming on next, use the digital tv guide. Simple! Tv is catering to the stupid, more and more, every day! Rant, over.
Wow. I'm glad I cancelled GSN and didn't see that. I would have had a stroke. It's amazing what tv stations get away with.I also wouldn't call a ticker at the bottom of the screen, unobtrusive. Obnoxious, would be a better word. In fact, those tickers are the catalysts for even more clutter.Now, GSN and other stations feel they can get away with anything. Flashing and spinning logos; Coming up next or You are watching messages appearing every 15 minutes or so, are just some examples. Enough already. If you want to know the scores, watch ESPN News. If you want to know what's coming on next, use the digital tv guide. Simple! Tv is catering to the stupid, more and more, every day! Rant, over.
uh....Yaaaaaa....J
Can't they just show an episode without annoying little "revenue enhancers"?
at least they didn't have them up for the original airing. I'm sure they'll be there on the next season though.