Wwe's Chris Benoit Found Dead

credit Dave Meltzer and wrestlingobserver.comBenoit family found dead The WWE just told its talent and released on its web site that Chris Benoit was found dead by Atlanta police.Benoit, wife Nancy aka Woman and son Daniel were all found dead. We have no other details at this moment. It is believed that Chris Benoit's two other children were in Canada.All plans for Raw tonight have been scrapped and they will do a show on the life of Benoit.According to reports Benoit had been drafted over to ECW to hold the belt for awhile and when he didn't make the shows this weekend they had to hot the belt to Johnny Nitro. Seriously I haven't felt this sick about a wrestlers death since Eddy or maybe Owen Hart. I actually can't believe this. I wish it was a joke.All RAW plans have been scraped and one can only hope this puts an end to the Vince Assasination angle.Blessings to those members of the familes that are still alive.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously I haven't felt this sick about a wrestlers death since Eddy or maybe Owen Hart. I actually can't believe this. I wish it was a joke.Blessings to those members of the familes that are still alive.
Chris was amazing. He is easily one of the greatest wrestlers of all time and and easily one of the greatest entertainers ever. He was probably the most loved wrestler that never spoke-he was one of only a handful of wrestlers that were fan favorites because of their abilities in the ring, not their abilities on the mic. I will never be able to look at the sharpshooter or the crossface with out thinking of Benoit-the greatest!Benoit_and_Guerrero_celebrate_at_WrestleMania_XX.jpgWMXXBenoitGuerrero.jpgThese are two of my favorite pictures. They will forever bring tears to my eyes.

And the news keeps getting worse....Vince McMahon broke the news to the wrestlers backstage about the death of Chris Benoit and his family.One wrestler who was present tells PWTorch that everyone was gathered for an urgent, impromptu gathering backstage. McMahon then explained the basics - that Chris Benoit and his wife and won were found dead. He didn't elaborate or provide any details, and may not have known any more himself. "I've never seen a locker room floored like that. Seventy percent of everyone was just floored like I've never seen before. Everyone is just sad. He was well-liked by everyone. No one ever had a bad word for him. He and Bobby Eaton, that's what people say about those two."He added: "He never complained about sh-- (in his personal life), but lately it always looked like something wasn't setting right with him inside, like something was eating at him."There are no police reports yet confirming the backstage info circulating that they all died of gunshot wounds.According to FoxAtlanta:FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) -- Authorities said professional wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and child were found slain Monday at their Fayette County home.Lieutenant Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found about 2:30 p.m., but he would release no other details.Pope said the deaths are being investigated as homicide, but the cause of death awaits autopsy results tomorrow.He would not say how the bodies were discovered, or who found them.The World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Website that the 40-year-old Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son Daniel were found dead but also had no other details.Trying to enjoy the celebration of Chris's life but he isn't the only dead wrestler I end up seeing on the screen. This is a vicious ****ing buisness.

This almost has to be a murder/suicide.. so sad..
I read preliminary reporting that said the victims didn't die of gunshot wounds, but obviously any early reporting is suspect at best, and of course, a murder suicide doesn't have to involve a gun. That was a long sentence. I apologize.

It's been a while since I followed wrestling....the storylines were getting too outlandish for me. But, guys like Benoit, Owen, and Eddy...they were the true ring warriors-guys that were fun to watch and weren't too over the top. It seems like the WWE is having to do the 10 bell tribute far too often these days.RIP Canadian Crippler.

The Atlanta Journal Constitution reports Police are investigating a murder-suicide
I hope not. Benoit always seemed like a good guy and they just had 3 hours of wrestlers talking about how great he was.
sad day. Classy move by Vince to drop the Dead Mr. McMahon angle tonight for this.
I thought so as well. People can say what they want about Vince. Mick Foley said in his book, Hardcore Diaries, that Vince's main goal is to entertain the fans, even if he has to appear like a d.ick. Vince respected the fans by tributing a great one-Chris.
This almost has to be a murder/suicide.. so sad..
That's what is being said now-a double murder suicide. I can't see that. I just can't see Chris doing anything like that, not with his aweseom reputation. I don't know the wife, but who would want to murder Chris? I imagine it was some other person.Yesterday, Benoit wan't at the Pay Per View for personal reasons. I read today that his son and wife were coughing up blood so he missed the pay per view to be with them, and that lately he has had his mind elsewhere (according to some WWE wrestlers). I don't know what happened, but he will be missed.
Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, but said that couldn't be confirmed until evidence was examined by a crime lab.The station said that investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old son, Daniel, over the weekend, then himself on Monday. A neighbor called police, and the bodies were found in three rooms.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070626/ap_on_...s/wrestler_dead
It has been ruled that the deaths of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel earlier today were the result of a double murder-suicide from within the home. WWE.com will have more as soon as it becomes available.
WWE.comLooks like this is going to be true. I don't even know how to feel anymore. Especially after watching all the superstars pour their hearts out on national TV about how much of a great guy he is. I really hope he didn't do this.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070626/ap_on_...s/wrestler_deadWWE.comLooks like this is going to be true. I don't even know how to feel anymore. Especially after watching all the superstars pour their hearts out on national TV about how much of a great guy he is. I really hope he didn't do this.
Me too but he has been distracted lately, and he missed a pay per view...Something was wrong with the family. But I refuse to believe that Chris had anything to do with it.
Me too but he has been distracted lately, and he missed a pay per view...Something was wrong with the family. But I refuse to believe that Chris had anything to do with it.
That's what I thought about OJ when I heard Nicole Simpson had been murdered...Good call me.
Could've been the wife...

I just can't believe this.....When i first heard that his wife and son had died as well, murder suicide was the furthest thing from my mind.I really hope that isn't the case.A truly gifted wrestler and entertainer!

WWE releases timeline of events leading to deaths of the Benoit family» Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com» On Tuesday, June 26, 2007 at 1:59 AM ESTWorld Wrestling Entertainment is providing more details about the shocking turn of events leading to the deaths of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and son Daniel.WWE officials were first notified this weekend by Benoit that he would be unable to appear at a scheduled Smackdown/ECW House Show in Beaumont, TX on Saturday and the Vengeance PPV the following Sunday in Houston, TX (where he was scheduled to compete for the vacant ECW World Title against CM Punk). Benoit informed WWE officials that he had a serious family emergency and left it at that.WWE's VP of Government Relations Richard Hering was then made aware of several curious text messages sent by Benoit to WWE employees and wrestlers on Sunday morning. WrestleView.com has spoken with at least one strong source about this situation stating that Benoit's text messages almost had a "thank you and goodbye" theme to them causing many to be alarmed and concerned. As a result, Hering contacted Fayette County sheriffs on Monday and requested that they check out the Benoit residence when he was not getting back to WWE officials.Authorities then responded to the Benoit residence and reportedly had a difficult time entering their new home on Monday afternoon, which was guarded by two large German Shepards roaming around the property. When authorites entered the home, they immediately located the bodies of Benoit, Nancy and Daniel. World Wrestling Entertainment was then notified of the discovery at approximately 4:00pm Eastern on Monday. A press conference was held Monday night by Lt. Pope officially ruling the findings as a double muder-suicide within the home.As reported earlier, it is believed that Benoit killed his wife Nancy and 7-year-old son Daniel over the weekend and then killed himself on Monday. All three bodies have been received by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation's crime lab in Decatur, GA. Autopsies will be performed Tuesday morning, while toxicology reports will not become available for two weeks. It is interesting to note that WWE.com is currently reporting that further information relating to the investigation and cause of death are known at this time, but the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department has requested that information not be released by WWE at this time.

Even though it is looking more and more likely, I still have trouble believing it. Something must have been seriously wrong mentally with him. It is a shame that we have stories like this all over this country when there clearly had to be something wrong, yet it goes unnoticed until it is too late.This really sucks.

What the hell are you all talking about it...some clown who makes a living as an actor that you all have fallen in love with, kills his wife, and 7 year old and you guys are moaning our loss?I am just glad he killed himself as well.