Wsop Event #39 World Championship H.o.r.s.e. $ 50,000

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think ESPN's decision is great, BUT it will be very interesting to see how they air the 8/b games in a way that a donkey could understand... it'll be tough ("Well Lon, he's got the nut low draw, nut flush draw, and a wrap." Donkey - "Huh??? Whats this sh*t, wheres NLHE?" [changing channel]...)IMO it will be great for the mixed games to try and boost their popularity with the genreal public... b/c online players are already getting into it. If you can get the TV players to play it too, then you'll have the '03-'04 NLHE effect IMO.

Yeah, I'd guess what ESPN is really banking on is the increased sophistication of the poker viewing audience, as a result of being inundated with poker programming. Having to explain low draws, wrap draws, etc., is a hurdle, but then, so too was explaining straight draws, flush draws, races, and the like, back in 2003. The key is the right announcers, who can convey the appropriate amount of information without getting bogged down in "insider" terminology, with slick and informative graphics at their disposal giving percentage chances for the high and low, etc.Maybe I should brush up on my HORSE games, lol. My Stud8 and Razz always seems profitable at low limits, but my Stud hi is a true horror.

The key is the right announcers, who can convey the appropriate amount of information without getting bogged down in "insider" terminology, with slick and informative graphics at their disposal giving percentage chances for the high and low, etc.
Good job they have the ultra-useful and informative Norman Chad then..
So if some sort of cross between Robert Varkonyi and Chris Moneymaker wins this thing with a whole dramatic Cinderella story to go with it, how many people do we get next year?
160?
Good job they have the ultra-useful and informative Norman Chad then..
Oh I can hear him now..."I haven't seen someone suck out like that since spring break '78, when my ex-wife blew thirty guys in thirty minutes."Norman Chad is not very informative.....but he is pretty hilarious.

I'm surprised that there was only 5 more entrants this year than last. There were satelittes run during the WSOP as events, as well as the obvious increase you'd expect.

2:05 PM - "New table is worse than yesterday: David Oppenhiem Jennifer Harman John Phan Ray D Vladimir (tough player) my buddy Pat Pezzin and Chris Gentile" :club: - bad table.

Wow Daniel and Pat P on the same table...This is just like the 10-20 days in Toronto...Wonder if Boupan had $50K to enter this tourney as well..(inside joke for the old toronto clan)Good luck Daniel and good luck to Pat P, who had a recent 3rd place finish in a stud event...Go get em...