Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

I sure hope the Canucks dont get Richards from Tampa. The last thing they need to do is add an undersized skilled guy at 7.8 a year. If they could get Lecalvier that would be a diffrent story. There isnt alot out there in way of major impact players on the UFA list this summer for the Canucks to spend there money on so I think the trade route is the way to go, but not for Richards.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably won't happen, but I'd love to get Hossa on our team. I wouldn't mind Richards but not at that salary.I really don't think they'll make any big moves. Maybe add a 2nd liner or something, at best...

You guys are being a bit harsh on Naslund. He doesn't have the talent he used to, but he still brings a very consistent effort. On top of that, if he didn't buy into Vigneaults system 100%, we would not be in the playoffs. Other than that, excellent analysis. It is good to have more Canuck fans posting.I agree with Richards. It would be hard to justify trading 2+ good prospects / picks just to pick up the big salary. If he was even at 5 million per year, I would support it more. It is hard to justify any big trade at this point. This team is winning on effort and chemistry. Making a big trade still won't make our forwards as offensively talented as Detroit, Calgary etc, but it could mess up the chemistry. I would love to add another forward (so Isbister and Cowan stop getting quality minutes), but not at the expense of a young roster player, or future cap space.Raymond's development has made a big trade somewhat less necessary. Do you guys agree?

Yeah, I mentioned Naslund's transition to Vigneault's system being part of why his numbers are worse a few posts ago. I think the same thing is happening to Patrick Marleau because that team has become more stingy defensively this season and his numbers are horrid.I agree on Mason Raymond's development. If they left him with the Moose to develop (like Bourdon), they definitely would have to trade for someone who can play on the 2nd line.And yes, I think a BIG trade would mess up our chemistry and flow. Everyone is going excellent right now, IMO.

Brule has struggled a lot in the NHL. I still can't see how someone that good in junior (not just at scoring, but at hitting and leadership) can be an NHL bust. I don't see him as a Daigle type at all where you would question his desire to play. If I was Tampa I would jump on that as well. Not because the package is overwhelming, but because it is probably as good as you can get while clearing Richard's crippling salary.

I'm not sure how the Brad Richards talk ended up in the Canucks thread but...Is Columbus really one of the teams Richards agreed to be traded too? Really?

I'm not sure how the Brad Richards talk ended up in the Canucks thread but...Is Columbus really one of the teams Richards agreed to be traded too? Really?
There is an article on tsn.ca saying Vancouver, Dallas and Columbus have submitted offers for him.
There is an article on tsn.ca saying Vancouver, Dallas and Columbus have submitted offers for him.
I saw that. He has a NTC and has supposedly submitted a list of about 7 teams he is willing to move to. Apparently Montreal was not on his list. I just find it hard to believe that Columbus would be on his list.
I saw that. He has a NTC and has supposedly submitted a list of about 7 teams he is willing to move to. Apparently Montreal was not on his list. I just find it hard to believe that Columbus would be on his list.
Yeah it seems unlikely. The only selling point is he can be the #1 center, playing with Nash. That has to be enticing after playing with Jan Hlavac all season.
I really don't think they'll make any big moves. Maybe add a 2nd liner or something, at best...
Obvs.Cookie for Pettinger. I like the deal because Cooke was definitely not gonna be re-signed in the off-season. He's only good for his forechecking/hitting. Pettinger could do the same to an extent and has better offensive ability. Other thoughts?
Obvs.Cookie for Pettinger. I like the deal because Cooke was definitely not gonna be re-signed in the off-season. He's only good for his forechecking/hitting. Pettinger could do the same to an extent and has better offensive ability. Other thoughts?
It will be weird seeing Cooke in a new uniform. He has been here for 10 seasons (!!!!). I think his time had come, and maybe Pettinger can find his scoring touch.

Big game tonight. They can jump up to 6th seed and, more importantly, create a 4-point gap between them and the Avalanche WITH TWO GAMES IN HAND, before they have to play them 3 more times later with Forsberg in the lineup.Let's do this!!

Is that the Canucks game tonight??What intermission.I like to watch..
Yes, it's tonight. I'm not sure what intermission though. Probably the first or second. :club: