Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

Luongo is awesome, but I am just as excited about Edler. The Canucks D is solid. Solid as rock.
Yea Ohlund has really impressed me aswell. His play last year really kind of dropped off and I thought he was on a downswing but he looks like Ohlund of 5 years ago this season. Edler is also really good. All this with Bieksa out and Bourdon playing in the minors.
  • Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea Ohlund has really impressed me aswell. His play last year really kind of dropped off and I thought he was on a downswing but he looks like Ohlund of 5 years ago this season. Edler is also really good. All this with Bieksa out and Bourdon playing in the minors.
I agree Ohlund looks like his old self this season. He was by no means awful last year, but he seemed to be missing something. This year it seems to be back.

Whoa we just about slipped to page 2 again. Didnt see the game tonight but glad to see they won. Chicago isnt the pushover they were for years anymore. Will Sanford start tommorow?P.S. Wheres the hell is Fleung???

Whoa we just about slipped to page 2 again. Didnt see the game tonight but glad to see they won. Chicago isnt the pushover they were for years anymore. Will Sanford start tommorow?P.S. Wheres the hell is Fleung???
He's probably afraid to show his face after bailing on the FCP league.

Another road win. I dont care if they keep calling the Canucks New Jeresy west, the devils success speaks for itself. Be cool to see Crosby/Kesler match up on saturday night. All this success and there only 4 pts ahead of ninth in the confrence and six points out of first in the league.

They got 5 goals so I wouldnt say they're New Jersey. A win is a win is a win! Luongo will shutout Crosby.Hopefully. I say 4-3 Canucks, or if Luongo is stellar he shuts them out.

They got 5 goals so I wouldnt say they're New Jersey. A win is a win is a win! Luongo will shutout Crosby.Hopefully. I say 4-3 Canucks, or if Luongo is stellar he shuts them out.
I heard AV say he was starting Stanford agains Sid. NOT :club:

I'm coming back to Vancouver for the weekend because I got tickets to the Pens game. Should be a great game.The Canucks played a gross first period against Nashville, but they slowly took over. I think Pyatt looks pretty good along side Morrison.I don't get the NJ comparisons. The Canucks fore check hard, they rarely play the trap, and they (usually) generate a decent amount of shots. When they don't generate a lot of shots, it is because they aren't playing well. They simply don't have the pure offensive talent to generate chances when they aren't working hard. I think it has little to do with the system they play. They are good defensively, but complaining about a team being good defensively is just dumb.

I don't get the NJ comparisons. The Canucks fore check hard, they rarely play the trap, and they (usually) generate a decent amount of shots. When they don't generate a lot of shots, it is because they aren't playing well. They simply don't have the pure offensive talent to generate chances when they aren't working hard. I think it has little to do with the system they play. They are good defensively, but complaining about a team being good defensively is just dumb.
Under Sutter the style has changed a bit. He is much more aggressive on the forecheck and plays less of a trappy system, though you can still see it at times. The players look like they are really starting to get it now, early in the season it was all a bit too frantic in both ends and guys were dropping assignments and leaving marty exposed - didnt help he wasnt at his best early either. Getting langenbrunner and white back has been huge, i really didnt realise just how important those two guys were to the team until they were gone but they have really added their experience and taken charge of things.
Under Sutter the style has changed a bit. He is much more aggressive on the forecheck and plays less of a trappy system, though you can still see it at times. The players look like they are really starting to get it now, early in the season it was all a bit too frantic in both ends and guys were dropping assignments and leaving marty exposed - didnt help he wasnt at his best early either. Getting langenbrunner and white back has been huge, i really didnt realise just how important those two guys were to the team until they were gone but they have really added their experience and taken charge of things.
I've been telling you since they hired Sutter that you would love how they play.When I said "I don't get the NJ comparisons", I was referring to the fact Vancouver has somehow gained the reputation of playing the "boring", trap style hockey that NJ has played dover the years.

Solid win against a good team. With the injury bug hitting them and the bad game against LA i thought the Canucks were gonna go into a slump before Christmas but everytime some one goes down somebody steps up. That Jaffrey looked really good even if he wouldnt have scored. Typical Canuck forward right now a smaller finese guy.Hopefully a good effort against SJ tommorow.

Solid win against a good team. With the injury bug hitting them and the bad game against LA i thought the Canucks were gonna go into a slump before Christmas but everytime some one goes down somebody steps up. That Jaffrey looked really good even if he wouldnt have scored. Typical Canuck forward right now a smaller finese guy.Hopefully a good effort against SJ tommorow.
you guys are so lucky to have sanford backing up luongo. He could have easily been stl's #1 if he wasn't so unlucky with injuries. I'm jealous, really.
FYP. Trade anyone other than Pronger, Giguere and Getzlaf I don't care.
Relax its early. Neidermeyer will turn it all around. Sellane will probally be back after Christmas. Burke did massivly **** up on the Bertuzzi deal though.
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a cool 3 picture framed Canucks picture for Christmas. Trevor Linden on the left, Lou in the middle, and Nazzy on the right. I was looking at it while trying to figure out where I was gonna hang it and started thinking, what a shame it would be for Linden to never have won a cup. The guy has been the greatest big game player of his era(I believe he is leading or tied for all time game 7 goals and/or points). The dude was only 24 when he played in the finals against NYR and hasnt had a shot at it again. I believe Luongo gives the Canucks a shot at a deep run everytime they make the playoffs now but I sure hope Linden gets one more crack at the cup.

Wow with the departure of Fleung this thread has become a ghost town. Another big win tonight. This teams sysetem is working, everytime they lose a guy to injury they just suck it up and continue to roll. The top 8 in the WC are now the teams I think will be there in the playoffs. A win tommorow against the Flame would be a sweet way to end the year. Not easy though that team has turned it around and if Kip gets rolling there very tough.