Thanks For Coming To My Show...ladies (fr) (2/5)

The Venetian 2/5 NLHE (9-handed)Cobalt $700BB $325Cobalt is Button w/ Q :D Q :club:. BB has been pretty tight-passive from what I've seen over the past hour. I don't recall him ever re-raising anyone or winning a pot. I know he's limped occasionally. Don't recall if he's raised pre-flop. I've been a little active lately. MP2 is somewhat loose and bad.Pre-flop:3 folds, MP2 calls, 2 folds, Cobalt raises to $25, 1 fold, BB re-raises to $100, 1 fold, Cobalt ?Folding, calling, or raising?

I'd say fold too. If stacks were deeper, I wouldn't mind seeing a flop in position and hope to hit a set. Otherwise, he's a tight-passive who's never raised preflop, and now we actually have a reraise.

The problem with tight passive players is that you don't know whether they're the ones waiting for AA or whether TT looks like a monster to them here.I'm gonna take a flop with him assuming that there's a 50/50 chance that I do have the best hand. He should be fairly predictable post flop so just use your position on him to help you make good post flop decisions.

The problem with tight passive players is that you don't know whether they're the ones waiting for AA or whether TT looks like a monster to them here.I'm gonna take a flop with him assuming that there's a 50/50 chance that I do have the best hand. He should be fairly predictable post flop so just use your position on him to help you make good post flop decisions.
I agree. I take a flop here too.

I agree with taking a flop here. If it comes all under cards and he winds up having AA or KK, then you just have to accept it and move on. Plus you can always dog him with a set if he has AA or KK, and he probably has AK anyway.

Can an argument be made for raising then? If he won't fold TT-JJ and probably not AK, does it make sense to push pf since we're behind two hands and ahead of three?
I thought for a while and eventually came to a similar conclusion. Adding in that being in LP, I felt that my hand could look a little weaker than it is...and his big re-raise also looks a little weak.Okay...now for the second part...After I call, he announces that he's "all-in in the dark". So much for predictability and position. What do we think of this announcement? Can we draw any conclusions?
I thought for a while and eventually came to a similar conclusion. Adding in that being in LP, I felt that my hand could look a little weaker than it is...and his big re-raise also looks a little weak.Okay...now for the second part...After I call, he announces that he's "all-in in the dark". So much for predictability and position. What do we think of this announcement? Can we draw any conclusions?
What's he look like? Has he done this before? People usually don't do this with AA or KK unless they are frustrated from losing all day and they just want to put their money in and say they played it right. Obviously if he had those 2 hands he'd be going all in anyways but people don't usually do it dark IMO.I know my questions seem weird but sometimes if it's a guy that just would never look to do this I'm assuming he has AA or KK and is frustrated he's been losing. If it's someone that thinks he's tricky and does the bet dark, play dark, raise dark, shennanigans I'm usually putting him on JJ or AK here.

I've never seen the all in dark with a strong, made hand, personally. If an A or K came, I'd be worried about AK but if all unders hit, I'd probably pay it off.

I've never seen the all in dark with a strong, made hand, personally. If an A or K came, I'd be worried about AK but if all unders hit, I'd probably pay it off.
1/2 NL game in Lake TahoeGuy hasn't touched a chip in a week open raises to $60 (he has about $400-500 behind) idiot calls he has the rock covered.As the dealer is dealing the Rock says i am allin dark.Flop comes Q87idiot takes about 2 minutes and called with QQ, the rock he turns over AA. I have seen AA played pretty strangely.
1/2 NL game in Lake TahoeGuy hasn't touched a chip in a week open raises to $60 (he has about $400-500 behind) idiot calls he has the rock covered.As the dealer is dealing the Rock says i am allin dark.Flop comes Q87idiot takes about 2 minutes and called with QQ, the rock he turns over AA. I have seen AA played pretty strangely.
LOL. I think QQ's play is stranger. :club:
he thought there was a straight out there..
So he thought the tight player raised and pushed all in blind knowing he was flopping a straight? And yes, I don't know why we're posting back and forth here while IM'ing each other or why we're hijacking Cobalt's thread.
He regrets not pushing his AK preflop and is correcting the errror now.
What's he look like? Has he done this before?
Youngish, average looking guy. Doesn't strike me as tricky or seem particularly frustrated. This is the first major hand I've seen him involved in since I've been at the table.
Youngish, average looking guy. Doesn't strike me as tricky or seem particularly frustrated. This is the first major hand I've seen him involved in since I've been at the table.
Well if he was good looking then it's obviously a big hand, ugly and he's weak, but avg that throws me for a loop ;)I think if this seems out of character for him his most likely hands are QQ JJ and AK, you are kind of crushing that range.
After I call, he announces that he's "all-in in the dark". So much for predictability and position. What do we think of this announcement? Can we draw any conclusions?
It's an odd play, but it really just seems like somebody who doesn't want to play postflop at all. I somewhat disagree with others about this. It seems like KK or QQ, AA, AK wanting to get all their money in preflop and this being the next best option (in his mind). I think if an ace or king flops we for sure fold and we can still get away from it if we'd like. This would be a time where I could flip over my hand if it is allowed and try to get a read on how nervous QQ makes him.