Terrence Chan Ft $2500.00 Six-handed Shootout (event # 30)

From Terrence's blog:“So after all those bad things are happening to me, something good finally happened to me. I'm at the final table, it's mostly because of one hand, otherwise I'd be broke. We're playing four-handed on both tables. Under the gun raises it to ... I don't remember, I think it's 3000-6000, or excuse me 6000-12000 blinds. So, he raises it up to 40,000 I think. It's folded around to me in the big blind. I shove my last 250,000 in. He thinks for a while and calls with jacks. I have A9 of diamonds, flop comes Ace, Queen, 10 with 2 diamonds, so I have him like dead to like, you know, offsuit kings and jacks, and it holds up. So I double through to 500,000, which is pretty much where I'm at, and I'm at the final table, the TV table tomorrow, which is kinda fun and so yeah, wish me luck. We're gonna have some dinner to celebrate and that's it. Bye for now.””wsopterrence2uc4.jpgLast Update from Cardplayer >With seven players remaining action was consolidated down to one table. Joe Tehan was busted along the way. Steve Wong moved all in on the first hand at the table and Kelly Vandemheen folded after making a $40,000 raise. Wong moved all in again on the next hand over the top of Hoyt Corkins. Corkins went into the tank for a while and asked for a count of Wong's raise. The all-in bet was $572,000 and Corkins had it covered. He counted out the chips required for the call and then stood up from the table. He removed his glasses, thought for a while longer, then made the call. Corkins flipped over 9 9 and Wong showed down A K. The board was dealt Q 5 3 2 J and Corkins jumped into the chip lead with the flush. Action ended for the night and the players will return at 2 p.m. tomorrow for the ESPN final table.1Hoyt Corkins1,371,000Up $71,000View_history 2Alan Sass1,127,000Down $-90,000View_history 3William Lin726,000Up $6,000View_history 4Terrence Chan502,000Up $2,000View_history 5Kelly Van de Mheen307,000Down $-43,000View_history 6James Pittman127,000Down $-3,000________GL Terrence !! TID1$515,065 2$287,345 3$196,758 4$132,471 5$96,431 6$63,118

The best part of this TV final table is the guy who can't spell poker(the one Hellmuth berated to no end 2 years ago) is there. He's a horrificly bad player. I dealt to him on two different occassions and he just has no freaking clue how to play the game.

The best part of this TV final table is the guy who can't spell poker(the one Hellmuth berated to no end 2 years ago) is there. He's a horrificly bad player. I dealt to him on two different occassions and he just has no freaking clue how to play the game.
Is that the guy that had KJ up against Phil's AK and spiked a J to win the pot?
Hoyt Corkins?

cardplayer is soooooo lame...not a single update on this final table for the last hour and a 1/2. Its 4 handed for Gods sake you'd think they could at least post more than 3 short hand histories since the final table started at 2 PM PST. (ugh) :club:

cardplayer is soooooo lame...not a single update on this final table for the last hour and a 1/2. Its 4 handed for Gods sake you'd think they could at least post more than 3 short hand histories since the final table started at 2 PM PST. (ugh) :club:
Actually they can't really.One per hour, not including bustouts.

HEADS UP WITH HOYT !!!1Hoyt Corkins3,061,000Up $271,000View_history 2Terrence Chan1,179,000Down $-271,000Chan Doubles UpOn the next hand, Corkins pushes from the small blind and is called by Chan with 1010. Corkins tables A2 and the board comes 53353, Chan's hand holds up and he doubles.Alan Sass Eliminated 4th ($132,471)Sass raises from the button and Corkins pushes with A10. Sass insta-calls with AK and the first four cards come 987A. Corkins is open ended, but spikes his 10 on the river to take out Sass. Sass is eliminated in 4th place for a $132,471 payday.William Lin Eliminated 3rd ($196,758)Lin raised to $60,000 and was called by Terence Chan. The flop came AQ3, Chan checks and Lin bets. Chan check raised all in and it took Lin only a seconds to call with AJ. He celebrates when Chan shows A6 but the turn comes 6 and Chan takes the lead in the hand. Things got confusing during the webcast when commentator Howard David mistakenly called the action as if Chan had just lost the hand and had busted. Once the confusion had been taken care of, Lin was taken from the tent in third place for a $196,758 payday.Human Rain DelayHoyt Corkins has been reraised numerous times and each time it has taken him a while to fold. Corkins takes minutes to fold as he is posturing as if he has a big hand. It has slowed play down, but clearly he thinks its necessary to keep his intimidating image.

looks like Terrence busted in 2nd place according to CP. No details or hh's obv but looks like Hoyt took it downGG Terrence :club:
Didn't realize Terrance Chan had fanboys.