Your Play With Tt, First Hand At The Final Table?

I really think TT is a tricky hand to play. You can either play it as semi-big pair and re-raise with it, or play it for set value or undercard flop value, etc. What is your play here?You just made the FT of a $26 tourney of like ~300 players. You come in as 5/9 in chips and are one double up away from first place, also the shortstack has only 25% less chips than you, so it's anyone's game.Blinds 300A 1200/2400Villain (t42050)Hero (t42000)Preflop: T :club: , T :D 3 folds. Villain raises to t6000. 3 folds.Reads: Tight player who can't lay down top pair. I would say his range is KQ+, AT+, 66+.What is your play and why?

You are too short to mess around here. On the range of hands you are giving, you are going to be afraid of most flops. You do not have the odds to play this hand for a set. You have already stated you will not be able to get him off one pair so you will not be able to make a pot flop move.If it is anyone's game, I think the best chance you have is to push here. If he is playing that range stated and he also thinks it is anyone's game, he may fold a lot of that range to a push. If he just thinks he is too short, he will call with that range and that makes you a slight favourite.Unless you get quite lucky, you are not going to like the flop or not going to get to pull the trigger to OCs(IMO).I say get it in now.There is no way you can fold if this your read on his range.A raise smaller than a push I think is pretty useless as you either commit too much of your stack or give him great odds to call you.

Results......I decided to push. Villain insta's with QQ. gg me.I just thought it was kinda an interesting hand because of my stack size. Kind of a tweener, not an insta-push but not an insta-call. Both plays could be defended.The flop came a sick QTx too. And all I was looking for was the T and when I saw it I flipped out and knocked my pop over. I then noticed the Q next to my T and I felt sick. Oh well.

Hard to say. I am a tight player and I think I would open raise here in an attempt for the blinds and depending on who played back, I'd go from there. At the same time though, I do know many peeps who would more likely fold than raise/push/call this hand.I think clearly read dependent of your opponent to put what particular range they may have at this point in the tourney.