For those not familiar with Party's Step Tourneys read here:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...=101284&hl=Any advice for step 6? It a one table SNG with a mulittable structure. It pays spot 1-5, ($2000, $1000, $700, $500, $500) 6-10 get nothing!All input would be appreciated. Thanks, owise1
??????????????????????

dont get involved in many pots until the blinds matter. then go after them in postion, with any luck youll pick up eneugh by the time you get called to compensate for being a dog to whatever calls you. not playing early will establish a tight image and youll be able to steal while it matters for a while before they catch on.

Wow, if 5 spots are getting paid, then you can easily just play tight agressive and easily make it to a 5th place finish will still plenty of chips with those blinds i would think.

Thanks for the replies and good advice. I think I will play tight until in the money. I was going to play loose at the beginning, thinking that everyone was going to play pretty tight, but have gone back to my original thought. One important note, it is ONLY 9 minutes between blind levels. Any thoughts on this?Thanks, owise1

I would tackle this differently, everyone on that table will play tight aggressive. I would take the opposite approach early on, then switch two to tight levels 3 and up.Early on you can make folds when faced with re-raises, late on you are more committed to the pots you enter.

I would tackle this differently, everyone on that table will play tight aggressive. I would take the opposite approach early on, then switch two to tight levels 3 and up.Early on you can make folds when faced with re-raises, late on you are more committed to the pots you enter.
This is what I was thinking too but I am not sure about it.
Earn yourself another ticket to step 6 before you play this one. That way you wont be too timid while you're playing and not fear getting your chips in with a good hand.
That's a good idea. Will do it next time. The table is starting now. Rail if you like. Step 6 - 1060951owise1

Why don't you evaluate how the table is playing and then adjust your strategy accordingly? It's a little tough to determine what your style of play will be prior to cards being dealt, heh. Good luck. You'll have to change gears a couple times to win.

Yes, after all that I am out in 9th :club: I had jj and ran into KK. Then I had QQ and ran into KK again. So I was down to 840 in chips on the second level (30 60). Raised with A,To got called by 77. Felt I could push him off the flop and pushed. He called with 77 (the flop had two overs at least) no improvement and i am out. F Me! I am an idiot. I could have played it differently but I needed to win that pot, my M would be around 9 with the blind soon going up and then my M would be around 5. Oh well, it only cost me 3$owise1