Event #24 $3k Seven Card Stud Hi Lo

I don't know if anyone's been paying attention to this event but it looks like an awesome final table for tonight, don't know about coverage for it (Audio/video etc) but I for one certainly hope that its available in some respect. Take a look at the talent here:Seat 1: Dutch Boyd 170,000Seat 2: George Hardie 182000Seat 3: Eli Elezra 303,000Seat 4: David Sklansky 171,000Seat 5: Scotty Nguyen 255,000Seat 6: John Harkness 141,000Seat 7: Thor Hansen 167,000Seat 8: Marshall Ragir 28,000Best final table of this years WSOP so far?

Take a look at the talent here:Seat 1: Dutch Boyd 170,000Seat 2: George Hardie 182000Seat 3: Eli Elezra 303,000Seat 4: David Sklansky 171,000Seat 5: Scotty Nguyen 255,000Seat 6: John Harkness 141,000Seat 7: Thor Hansen 167,000Seat 8: Marshall Ragir 28,000Best final table of this years WSOP so far?
My goodness... Imagine clawing your way to a final table only to find 3 of the big stacks that are going to dictate the action are... Eli Elezra, Scotty Nguyen, and Dutch freakin' Boyd. lol at Sklansky's seat assignment... Screw imagining, Sklansky *IS* sandwiched between Eli and Scotty. Even is Sklansky survives the frontal barrage from Eli, he's gonna get hit any time he enters a pot with Scotty pressuring his rear flank. Of course, if he needs to survive a flank attack, who better to give him pointers than his very own protege, ol' whats-her-name..<sw>

Nice final table but Boyd is out-classed here...I lost the little bit of interest in him last year when he went heads up with Hachem...Dutch did the all in thing over and over knowing he could not play with Hachem......Boyd finally shoved and sucked out to win his bracelet..

Nice final table but Boyd is out-classed here...I lost the little bit of interest in him last year when he went heads up with Hachem...Dutch did the all in thing over and over knowing he could not play with Hachem......Boyd finally shoved and sucked out to win his bracelet..
It was a good strat. No use trying to outplay someone post-flop if you don't feel like you can. I guess I can see why it would make someone lose interest, but he obv. doesn't do that against everyone in that situation.
Yeah I feel the same in some respect, only because I quite like Hachem and I thought it'd be good for a "New Era" ME winner to win another bracelet within a year, to show you don't just need to be a luckbox to win the ME nowadays. Can't blame him for the strat, but it certainly won't work at this table, because on the bracelet table last year it was just Hachem that he couldn't outplay.. theres more than just the one player now.1st bracelet for Eli for me. 1-2 with Scotty.
Yeah I feel the same in some respect, only because I quite like Hachem and I thought it'd be good for a "New Era" ME winner to win another bracelet within a year, to show you don't just need to be a luckbox to win the ME nowadays. Can't blame him for the strat, but it certainly won't work at this table, because on the bracelet table last year it was just Hachem that he couldn't outplay.. theres more than just the one player now.1st bracelet for Eli for me. 1-2 with Scotty.
Raymer hitting top 30 in the main event the year after winning it and went deep in a 7 card stud bracelet event this year. Combine that with Hachem's WPT title last year and 2nd place finish to Dutch Boyd last year, and you really can only put Moneymaker in the Varkoyni realm of flash in the pan one-timers. That alone tells me the ME can really show you who is up and coming more than who got waaay lucky..
Raymer hitting top 30 in the main event the year after winning it and went deep in a 7 card stud bracelet event this year. Combine that with Hachem's WPT title last year and 2nd place finish to Dutch Boyd last year, and you really can only put Moneymaker in the Varkoyni realm of flash in the pan one-timers. That alone tells me the ME can really show you who is up and coming more than who got waaay lucky..
Enter exhibit A: Jamie Gold
I have Hansen and Eli in my fantasy pool, so I'm hoping Thor takes it, with Eli finishing second. Very nice final table.
Updated Chip CountsSeat 1 - Dutch Boyd - 235,000Seat 2 - George Hardie - 88,000Seat 3 - Eli Elezra - 270,000Seat 4 - David Sklansky - 280,000Seat 5 - Scotty Nguyen - 325,000Seat 6 - John Harkness - 135,000Seat 7 - Thor Hansen - 57,000Well, it ain't looking good for my man Thor, but Eli seems to be in fine form...
LOL. Yeah, I almost mentioned him.. Anyone else catch PAD this week? Was it just me or was Jamie just completely lost when it came to doing the simple math on the pot odds and outs, etc.. Seriously, it made me cringe at times. Kid has great instincts, but he definitely isn't a "player's" player. Still has to be one of the greatest run of cards in poker history, if nothing else, you have to respect a luckbox of that magnitude. Hachem came back from a short stack, Raymer got comfortable after he survived his matusow encounter and was never again in true jeopardy.. I can't remember somebody leading wire to wire like that, we may never see it again.I'd personally like to see Jamie have continued success, he's quite entertaining to watch on tv.My personal vote for next season of PAD: some table with Phil Hellmuth and 5 ladies.. That would be must see TV. And make sure Mouth, Tony G, Daniel, and Sheiky have front row seats in the peanut gallery..Seriously. we need to barrage NBC with emails to make sure this happens.
I think Jamie could become a decent player if he wanted to be, but I don't see him having enough patience/motivation. I think he will fade into the background within the next three years.

Ahhh crap...Hand #56 - Thor Hansen Eliminated in 6th Place ($27,357)Hand #56 - Thor Hansen is all in on fifth street against David Sklansky and Scotty Nguyen. Sklansky and Nguyen check down the side pot.Nguyen has a 7 low, and Sklansky has two pair, jacks and tens. Hansen shows his hand, but the best he has is two pair, nines and fours. Nguyen and Sklansky split the pot.Thor Hansen is eliminated in sixth place, earning $27,357. The next player eliminated will receive $35,835 for fifth place.Go Eli!!Official Chip CountsSeat 1 - Dutch Boyd - 135,000Seat 3 - Eli Elezra - 523,000Seat 4 - David Sklansky - 249,000Seat 5 - Scotty Nguyen - 280,000Seat 6 - John Harkness - 230,000

Scotty Nguyen $595000 Eli Elezra $555000 Dutch Boyd $143000 John Harkness $88000 Looks like it's gonna be Eli & Scotty Heads-up, Gotta expect ELi to have the edge in HU SCS Hi/lo

Scotty Nguyen $595000 Eli Elezra $555000 Dutch Boyd $143000 John Harkness $88000 Looks like it's gonna be Eli & Scotty Heads-up, Gotta expect ELi to have the edge in HU SCS Hi/lo
I figured Eli was the favourite once he got to the final table with a decent amount of chips. Scotty has enough gamble to make a go of it, but I don't think he has enough chips to come back.

Hand #166 - Elezra folds on fifth street, but only after he kills his own hand by flipping over Nguyen's cards. This is like a crazy drunken home game right now.Israelis can't hold their drink, but Eli looks like a pretty big guy. Then against, Scotty has A LOT of experience. Could be close.

anyone catch all these updates? http://news.pokerpages.com/index.php?optio...iew&id=2323mentions scotty and eli made some sort of undisclosed deal. Also mentions eli got 10-1 odds on him not winning a bracelet from barry. I'm guessing the deal may have been something along the lines of "hey scotty i'll shave some money off the top of my winnings from the tournament and barry if you let me win." I know some naive people may say the bracelet may mean more to these guys, but let's face it, aside from hellmuth, and maybe DN, i think it's all about the money to most of these guys. I for one would be pissed if i was barry.