Event#25 No-limit Hold’em $ 2,000.00

For anyone who was interested in my progress, I appreciate it.My table was pretty nice. I had two good players to my left and across the table was a guy I recognized from a WPT final table. He was okay. This guy was two to my left:http://www.cardplayer.com/players/photos/James_Gorham/36241He's a very good player. I picked up a physical tell on him and two hands later, he goes broke. Early on, I floated a flop with bottom pair against the preflop raiser. We checked through the turn and I rivered a backdoor flush. He paid me off. From there, it was all uphill. Most of the players were willing to concede pots they raised if they missed.A decent-sized stack raised and I called with AhTh. Flop was K-x-x, all hearts. Somehow, he lost his entire stack with AK. I made kind of a crazy move to get over 20k that I won't post. From there, I'd go up and down as I was raising two or three times per orbit. Phil Hellmuth got moved to my table and was bitching about a bad beat (a guy kept betting at him on a K84 board, Phil called down with 55 and the guy rivered a 9 to turn his bluff into the best hand). The guy who cracked James Gorham had a ton of chips and was seriously awful. I'm positive someone was doubling through him. The following hand would've made me one of the chip leaders and put me in a nice spot to be the benefactor of his chips:It folds to me and I make it 1000 with AA, which was the second big pair I had all tourney (after QQ, which I butchered). A tight player in seat one raised me to 3000. He had me covered. He was really tight, but he had re-raised me twice previously. I knew he wasn't raising light, so I decided to overbet, making it look like I was frustrated and wanted to plow through him. We got it all in preflop. He had QQ and turned quads.I had never played in a live event like this and I have to say...it was a blast. I feel like crap, of course, but it's good knowing you can play with these players. I really felt like I had a chance to make a good run if my aces held up. Now I need to recover and see if I want to play in tomorrow's field.GL everyone else.EDIT: Also, Kurt is a really cool guy and is seriously busting his ***. It is not easy getting around down there!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there was one player I sat with who was at my table for my first event. I'm thinking a lot of the pros don't play the smaller events cause I barely see any big names. I did happen to see Brian Fidler on my first break. I felt I played much better today and I feel that I'll at least make it to day 2 in the next event.

don't think Anthony was at Hellmuth's table...cause Phil was out in the tent with me, while A-Mak was inside in the nice cool poker room (lucky guy)They really need to change something there...it was a really hot one today..and by time i busted out at around 5..it was almost unbareable in there. I hope they do something to improve the air conditioning in there....we shouldn't have to play in those conditions.Anyways...like i said..i busted. My 10-10 couldn't outlast AK all-in pre flop.Dannenman was at my table to begin...i doubled him up early when he raised with 66 and i smooth called with KK...flop came J86...doh!Was down to 2k then..but managed to scrap my way up to almost 15k. Bluffed some chips off at the wrong time and got sorta short stacked...then had no choice with the 10-10. gg meRegardless of the bust...i feel like i'm playing well....just wasn't thinking straight cause i literally was getting dizzy out in the sauna tent

According to Pokernews, Justin has a bajillion chips. 178k, same count on Cardplayer.

Damn, sorry I wasn't there to keep Justin's updates going. I'm actually off tommorrow, but maybe i'll stop by to rail anyway. He's sitting 2nd going into day 2. Nice Job Loosh!!Jared still in and kicking too!! Weeee!

Damn, sorry I wasn't there to keep Justin's updates going. I'm actually off tommorrow, but maybe i'll stop by to rail anyway. He's sitting 2nd going into day 2. Nice Job Loosh!!Jared still in and kicking too!! Weeee!
Weee is right.

Weeeee, I made such a big call on the bubble to give me my stack. I have about 75-80k blinds 800/1600, it folds to the SB, Julian Gardner I think but not positive and he makes it 5k, and I call in the BB with QJ. The flop comes down Q53, and he insta bets/says 9000 very strongly, I take about 90 seconds and make it 25k, leaving about 50 behind. He insta ships it and I take about 5 minutes. I plan on folding since the avg stack is only 40 and I can only beat a flush draw or a stone bluff pretty much but I wanna let him sit and give him time to respond. I take about 5 minutes, we're down to 155 and they pay 153 which means he could be just abusing the bubble. He took a few sips of his drink which usually means hes trying to exude confidence. I finally change my mind thinking theres a good chance hes trying to bully me , and call off. He flips over A5 for middle pair and I magically hold.

Weeeee, I made such a big call on the bubble to give me my stack. I have about 75-80k blinds 800/1600, it folds to the SB, Julian Gardner I think but not positive and he makes it 5k, and I call in the BB with QJ. The flop comes down Q53, and he insta bets/says 9000 very strongly, I take about 90 seconds and make it 25k, leaving about 50 behind. He insta ships it and I take about 5 minutes. I plan on folding since the avg stack is only 40 and I can only beat a flush draw or a stone bluff pretty much but I wanna let him sit and give him time to respond. I take about 5 minutes, we're down to 155 and they pay 153 which means he could be just abusing the bubble. He took a few sips of his drink which usually means hes trying to exude confidence. I finally change my mind thinking theres a good chance hes trying to bully me , and call off. He flips over A5 for middle pair and I magically hold.
Looooshious Leftfoot! :D:club:andre%203000.jpgHaven't checked updates all day and finally get to it... DAS LOOSH = 2nd PLACE!! DAAAAMND!!Great call, wonder why I haven't read the HH on-line somewhere. I know situations like that from smaller buy-ins, where it just doesn't feel right and you know you're good. But I don't think I could've made that call in a WSOP tourney in a spot like that, no matter my "AWESOME" feel :D Makes me remember why I don't play in the WSOP this year...Best of luck tomorrow, TID and all that good shidtz!

Better luck next time Anthony.From the hands you posted, it seems like you are playing alot of big pots with marginal hands. Also calling raises with double gap connectors. If you are good enough to play those hands and able to get away with then its cool. :club: Good luck!

Three of my roommates are still in w/ above avg stacks, I feel this is the first bracelet for the house.
Who else you staying with? Thought it was 5 of you.

Ok, so I might end up working tonight instead of an off day. Brad didn't sleep, so he wanted to switch. Which is fine, cause I wanted to rail Loosh anyway. (Be there at 7ish)On that note, Now I might play the Binion's 6-handed tourney tommorrow, if anyone else wants to join me. $200 buy-in, 5k to start. http://www.binions.com/gaming/poker_classic.html

Ok, so I might end up working tonight instead of an off day. Brad didn't sleep, so he wanted to switch. Which is fine, cause I wanted to rail Loosh anyway. (Be there at 7ish)On that note, Now I might play the Binion's 6-handed tourney tommorrow, if anyone else wants to join me. $200 buy-in, 5k to start. http://www.binions.com/gaming/poker_classic.html
Bring a gun...shady part of town. GL Suited!
Bring a gun...shady part of town. GL Suited!
That's why someone else needs to play, lol.That and I dunno whether I'll have the car or what. Plus I don't know my way around down there. So who has a car and wants to play? Jamie? One/All of you guys? FCP Binions Donkament 1 time?? lol.