Harrahs in St. Louis has 2 daily tournaments. Buyins vary. Sunday me and 3 or 4 of my buddies were gonna go down and play in one, maybe both depending on how things went. But yesterday one (of my friends) went down early and played one and let me know the structure. 1500 starting stack with 15 min blinds. He said after hour and a half blinds are already 200-400. That doesnt sound too bad for online but i wasnt sure for live cause you dont get to see as many hand. Doesnt seem like there would be much play involved. So my question is.... any1 else been to Harrahs in stl or anywhere with basicaly the same structure? If so is/would this be a crapshoot or actual tourney??

Ive played in a few. Live tourney structure is pretty bad anywhere you go. If you play you better chip up early. The rebuys at ameristar give a little more play. Just take the donks money at 3/6 or 1/2 nl. Those games are redonkulous on the weekends.

Sounds just like the AC tourneys my brother and I played in. Basically a crapshoot. You try to play your 3bb raise in EP with premium cards, get called by 5 players and then post flop, it's allin...blinds going up before button goes an orbit and then it's an allin fest. seemed like later in the tourney you got more play, but it was because everyone at the final 2-3 tables had chipped up from all the earlier allin fests.J

Sounds just like the AC tourneys my brother and I played in. Basically a crapshoot. You try to play your 3bb raise in EP with premium cards, get called by 5 players and then post flop, it's allin...blinds going up before button goes an orbit and then it's an allin fest. seemed like later in the tourney you got more play, but it was because everyone at the final 2-3 tables had chipped up from all the earlier allin fests.J
See but a lot of those tourneys have people that let themselves blind down to 2-3 BB's. I've found the trops tourneys very easy to go deep in regularly depsite the horrible structure just because after half the field is eliminated everyone starts protecting their stacks.