10$ Rebuy On Stars

Hi guys,I have been replying this hand in my head since it happened, so break it down for me ;)this hand happend after the re buy period was over,PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)CO (t6876)Button (t32758)SB (t13635)BB (t49667)UTG (t10272)UTG+1 (t10480)MP1 (t13752)MP2 (t31956)Hero (t13500)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K :D , A :club: . 2 folds, MP1 raises to t3600, 1 fold, Hero to act !What do you think Is the right play here ?Call or Raise ? (i imagin a fold is not exactly an option - or is it ? )I will update later on the outcome, and what I had in mind.AtgDax

One more hand I wanted some feedback on - should I have played differently in order to extract more chips ?keep in mind the villan is an active player that likes to play many pots.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)saw flop|saw showdownMP2 (t5753)CO (t4513)Button (t12921)SB (t25865)Hero (t8185)UTG (t6475)UTG+1 (t6424)MP1 (t9001)Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 :club: , 6 :D . 2 folds, MP1 calls t200, 4 folds, Hero checks.Flop: (t575) A :D , 6 :D , 6 :D(2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets t600, Hero raises to t2600, MP1 folds.Final Pot: t3775No showdown. Hero wins t3775.

Hand one I was going to say raise to like 10K but then that leaves you with 3K back so you might as well shovel for max FE. Calling puts almost 1/4 of your stack in the pot and we obviously have to fold if we miss so I probably shovel.Hand 2 you played fine, if he has an ace he's calling your raise. If he doesn't he's folding, if you flat call and he doesn't have an ace you're not getting any more money out of him and might have to face a spade on the turn making the hand more difficult to play if he keeps betting.

6x PF raise? Is this a standard move for him? Sure looks like 99-JJ to me. I probably just call here and see what the flop brings. I really doubt he's folding to my push after a 6x raise, so let's assume he has a PP and see if we can't spike the Ace for cheap.

6x PF raise? Is this a standard move for him? Sure looks like 99-JJ to me. I probably just call here and see what the flop brings. I really doubt he's folding to my push after a 6x raise, so let's assume he has a PP and see if we can't spike the Ace for cheap.
Great read, actually perfect. I was thinking, he would probably bet the flop no matter what, so I figured he wasn't folding the hand post flop,I knew there was a very little chance he was folding pre flop, but I wanted to avoid the situation that I miss the flop and he bluffs me out...you analizes was spot on, which makes me even more upset I didn't play that one correctly,If he checked the flop and I bet out, being as 2 overcards to his pp came, there is a reasnable chance he would muck.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)saw flop|saw showdownCO (t6876)Button (t32758)SB (t13635)BB (t49667)UTG (t10272)UTG+1 (t10480)MP1 (t13752)MP2 (t31956)Hero (t13500)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K :) , A :D . 2 folds, MP1 raises to t3600, 1 fold, Hero raises to t13450, CO calls t6826 (All-In), 3 folds, MP1 calls t9850.Flop: (t34076) J :) , 7 :D , Q :club:(3 players, 1 all-in)Turn: (t34076) 4 :D(3 players, 1 all-in)River: (t34076) 7 :D(3 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: t34076Results in white below: MP1 has Td Tc (two pair, tens and sevens). Hero has Kc As (one pair, sevens). CO has Ts Ks (one pair, sevens). Outcome: MP1 wins t34076. If I just called the flop bet, considering this flop, if he checked to me, NOW - would a big bet (or all in) be in order ?Cheers,Atg Dax
Great read, actually perfect. I was thinking, he would probably bet the flop no matter what, so I figured he wasn't folding the hand post flop,I knew there was a very little chance he was folding pre flop, but I wanted to avoid the situation that I miss the flop and he bluffs me out...you analizes was spot on, which makes me even more upset I didn't play that one correctly,If he checked the flop and I bet out, being as 2 overcards to his pp came, there is a reasnable chance he would muck.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)saw flop|saw showdownCO (t6876)Button (t32758)SB (t13635)BB (t49667)UTG (t10272)UTG+1 (t10480)MP1 (t13752)MP2 (t31956)Hero (t13500)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K :) , A :D . 2 folds, MP1 raises to t3600, 1 fold, Hero raises to t13450, CO calls t6826 (All-In), 3 folds, MP1 calls t9850.Flop: (t34076) J :) , 7 :D , Q :club:(3 players, 1 all-in)Turn: (t34076) 4 :D(3 players, 1 all-in)River: (t34076) 7 :D(3 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: t34076Results in white below: MP1 has Td Tc (two pair, tens and sevens). Hero has Kc As (one pair, sevens). CO has Ts Ks (one pair, sevens). Outcome: MP1 wins t34076. If I just called the flop bet, considering this flop, if he checked to me, NOW - would a big bet (or all in) be in order ?Cheers,Atg Dax
Ja Yahkin made the right read but this doesnt mean his line is right, if you put him on that hand then its either fold or race. You're puttin in 3600 only to whiff the flop 66% of the time, so 66% of the time you're throwing away a quarter of your stack here. And if he has 99-JJ and an A/K flops you're gonna make **** all money on the hand anyway due to this. Your thinking regarding him folding to your bet on the flop is results based thinking, he's going to c-bet that flop most of the time anyway and you'll have to muck.
Ja Yahkin made the right read but this doesnt mean his line is right, if you put him on that hand then its either fold or race. You're puttin in 3600 only to whiff the flop 66% of the time, so 66% of the time you're throwing away a quarter of your stack here. And if he has 99-JJ and an A/K flops you're gonna make **** all money on the hand anyway due to this. Your thinking regarding him folding to your bet on the flop is results based thinking, he's going to c-bet that flop most of the time anyway and you'll have to muck.
Just to see if I understand you correctly, you think the right play in this situation is to re raise all in ?could you explain again please ;)Thanks S.K
Just to see if I understand you correctly, you think the right play in this situation is to re raise all in ?could you explain again please ;)Thanks S.K
Yep I re-raise all in, probably. If you KNOW you are in a race and don't want to take it then I'd fold, IMO Shove>Fold>Call

Medium PP was my read too. I think he makes that big of a raise because he wants to put people to a decision similiar to the one you have. He doesnt want calls by people with overcards. Thinking this the question I would ask myself is does this mean he would lay it down to a push? Did you have any reads previously? How had he built his stack, aggressive play? If he might lay it down I shovel. What I am questioning is what do we do if we know he will play this aggressive and most likely call our push. Is it possible to fold here with just our ante in?Another thing that comes to mind is he may make that raise with AK/AQ. This makes me lean towards a push.

Yep I re-raise all in, probably. If you KNOW you are in a race and don't want to take it then I'd fold, IMO Shove>Fold>Call
Frankly I think shoving on the bubble knowing your on the down side of a race is just wreckless. It's a SNG, so we are playing to cash first....but folding in this spot is just a little too weak Imo. You call this PF and if you're opponent is any good at all, he will put you squarely on overs. (Which will come 2/3 of the time.) You really think he will raise with TT into two overs? (Especially with two callers as it turned out.)Why risk you're whole stack to double up, when you can risk 1/4? You have no FE.
Frankly I think shoving on the bubble knowing your on the down side of a race is just wreckless. It's a SNG, so we are playing to cash first....but folding in this spot is just a little too weak Imo. You call this PF and if you're opponent is any good at all, he will put you squarely on overs. (Which will come 2/3 of the time.) You really think he will raise with TT into two overs? (Especially with two callers as it turned out.)Why risk you're whole stack to double up, when you can risk 1/4? You have no FE.
Considering he is not folding pre flop (he realy didn't), So If I call and bet the flop no matter what, he will probably fold if the flop has high cards, and other wise fold - a fold that couldn't be induced any other way.and If he has a big PP then he would be a big Fav. either way, but this way theres a chance he folds 22-TT.Please take a look at my other topic about laying down AA and KK on low flop.Atg Dax
Pretty sure it's an MTT and in MTTs I'm playing for the win. Also with TT I'm leading into most flops, You can't jus put him on 1010 if a flop of QJ comes and he bets it how do you know he hasnt got JJ and you're dead to four outs. Do you have a read on villain that he is weak tight after the flop?Also if you hit an A or maybe to a lesser extent K, you aren't doubling up.
Pretty sure it's an MTT and in MTTs I'm playing for the win. Also with TT I'm leading into most flops, You can't jus put him on 1010 if a flop of QJ comes and he bets it how do you know he hasnt got JJ and you're dead to four outs. Do you have a read on villain that he is weak tight after the flop?Also if you hit an A or maybe to a lesser extent K, you aren't doubling up.
Bleh, you are right. Was thinking this was a SNG....I'm multi-foruming...lol.My analysis is all screwed up. I got the details of that SNG hand where OP is in the BB with KT mixed in with this one and was thinking this was a bubble play.This is not the bubble, so it's push or fold. His raise has pretty much told you exactly what he has. You are likely a 45/55 dog, but with AKs in his range It's close to 50/50. If you think he would do this with AQ, then I think it's an easy push. If you can play small ball at this table...then it's an easy fold.Sorry for being argumentative. :club:
Bleh, you are right. Was thinking this was a SNG....I'm multi-foruming...lol.My analysis is all screwed up. I got the details of that SNG hand where OP is in the BB with KT mixed in with this one and was thinking this was a bubble play.This is not the bubble, so it's push or fold. His raise has pretty much told you exactly what he has. You are likely a 45/55 dog, but with AKs in his range It's close to 50/50. If you think he would do this with AQ, then I think it's an easy push. If you can play small ball at this table...then it's an easy fold.Sorry for being argumentative. :club:
I played with the raiseing player all tourney long, ( about 90 min) at first he was very active but it was re buy time...So I defintly was thinking he could have AQ and would call me with it, and worse case he had a pair so it was a race.
One more hand I wanted some feedback on - should I have played differently in order to extract more chips ?keep in mind the villan is an active player that likes to play many pots.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)saw flop|saw showdownMP2 (t5753)CO (t4513)Button (t12921)SB (t25865)Hero (t8185)UTG (t6475)UTG+1 (t6424)MP1 (t9001)Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 :club: , 6 :D . 2 folds, MP1 calls t200, 4 folds, Hero checks.Flop: (t575) A :D , 6 :D , 6 :D(2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets t600, Hero raises to t2600, MP1 folds.Final Pot: t3775No showdown. Hero wins t3775.
Check/raising out of the blinds makes it pretty obvious you are strong. Since he limped in preflop, he probably doesnt have an ace. If you're going to check, you might as well check/call the whole way to let him hang himself more. Otherwise lead out, hope to get raised, then you can win an even bigger pot when he does have an ace.

Haven't looked at responses or results yet (ok, I glanced at responses), or at hand #2. Hand 1 is a very easy shovel IMO. Yes his raise is big, but AK is not going to be folded to a single raise here. ESPECIALLY if he has 99-JJ or whatever, you want to shovel it in PF in my opinion. Take a coinflip, and just win it :club:. I very much dislike the line of just calling the raise - AK usually misses the flop, and then you've taken away your chances of hitting on the turn or river. Also if your opponent has JJ he's probably not gonna pay you off on an A47 flop.I also agree with ^^^^ net about hand 2. I would flat call that like 95% of the time. Yes you're letting him see a spade for free, but he probably doesn't have spades, and the turn probably won't bring a spade. If he has a weakish to medium ace he may very well fold to your bet.