100-20'000 Challenge Within 2 Months

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have other disadvantages of working a full-time job and playing on six sports teams (three basketball, two softball, one baseball) and rebooting my rap career, but I am looking to take this challenge on more for the discipline that I will have to show then the reality of hitting $200k in two months. Of course it's nearly impossible that either of us reaches $200k but we have a friendly challenge as to who will make more: the online player or the live cash game player.
You do realise it's 20k, not 200k, right?
You do realise it's 20k, not 200k, right?
Good point bottomline. I think I may have an advantage now. For some reason with the larger online tournaments, etc. I feel like it's an advantage to hit the big score through a poker site but I believe it's feasible to grind my way to 20k in two months. My max before was an 8k month but I never jumped limits, I just stayed at the 200 NL game. We'll see. I guess 20k is possible.
Good point bottomline. I think I may have an advantage now. For some reason with the larger online tournaments, etc. I feel like it's an advantage to hit the big score through a poker site but I believe it's feasible to grind my way to 20k in two months. My max before was an 8k month but I never jumped limits, I just stayed at the 200 NL game. We'll see. I guess 20k is possible.
I love this about a lot of amateur players, you were considering 200k in 2 months as a possibility, now you're saying 20k is a lot better. If poker was as easy as so many amatuers think they'd go pro. Buddy, if you could have got NEAR 20k (let alone 200k) playing PART TIME, with all your other things, you should go pro. 120k a year PART TIME is ridiculous.
I love this about a lot of amateur players, you were considering 200k in 2 months as a possibility, now you're saying 20k is a lot better. If poker was as easy as so many amatuers think they'd go pro. Buddy, if you could have got NEAR 20k (let alone 200k) playing PART TIME, with all your other things, you should go pro. 120k a year PART TIME is ridiculous.
lol. I said it's feasible. I didn't say I was going to do it. And to the other guy, it was a known fact I was posting a link to my rap songs...so what did you expect? Some heavy metal? lol.

Lets see if we can help pocket_change with his buddng rap career. Ill start it off. You all add some lines. Lets make it a little gangsta. So I got me a mother ****in C- noteOne lucky night and Ill have me a G-note.......next

Lets see if we can help pocket_change with his buddng rap career. Ill start it off. You all add some lines. Lets make it a little gangsta. So I got me a mother ****in C- noteOne lucky night and Ill have me a G-note.......next
I'm a Cubs fan so naturally I deep throat?j/k

Obviously it can be done. You just have to start with $500. Talk to NoSup4u. Update:My goal: Original $500 in my PS account turned into $25K by end of March.Day 1: Up $500, mostly one tabling 3/6NLDay 2: DNP onlineDay 3: up $2800. Two tabled 3/6NL for about 2 hours. Will play more this afternoon. (Note: didn't play anymore)Day 4: up $600. Four tabled 3/6NL for about 1 1/2 hours.Day 5: up $200. 2 tabled 3/6NL for about an hour.Day 6: up $150. 3 tabled 3/6NL for about an hour. Played another hour tonight, up $1600Day 7: up $2000. 2 tabled 3/6NL, in 2, 2 hour sessions. One tabled for another hour tonight, up $700.Day 8: DNPDay 9: DNP. down $100. I was so awful that I had to give money away after I coached someone.Day 10: Up $800. The donk I coached gave my $100 back (shows how donkey he is). Also played about an hour of 3/6, 3 tables.Day 11: Up $1900. Down $400 early 2 tabling, up about $2400 tonight 3 tabling for about an hour and a half. Spent $100 for the HU pool.Day 12: DNPDay 13: Down $1300. 3 tabling 3/6 for about 2 hours.Day 14: Up about $2800. 2 tabling 3/6 for about 5 hours. Also up $200 on Bodog but I won't count that.Day 15: Up about $2600. 2 tabling 3/6 for about 2.5 hours. I run sick good.Day 16: Down $60. Was trying to get myself motivated to play today, but just couldn't. Finally I decided to one table while watching TV. Played about 5 orbits, up $40 when Teddy interupted me and I quit to watch him. Nutbarred one buyin at a $100NL table, just shoved every hand for fun, lost $100Day 17: Up $1350. One tabled 3/6NL for about an hour. I dunno what to say? I run good???Day 18: Up $1050. 2 tabled 3/6NL for 1.5hours.Day 19: Up $1250. 3 tabled 3/6NL for 1h, up $250. Played a little more just now. 2 tabled 3/6NL, up another $1000Day 20: DNP, flew out to Chicago for wax120's surprise 30th bday party.Day 21: DNP, due to hangover and flying home.Day 22: Up $600. 3 tabled 3/6 for about 1h, up $200. 2 tabled 3/6 for about 1.5 hours, up $400Day 23: Down $100. Goofed around for about 1/2h.Day 24: Up $1100. 2 tabled 3/6NL for about 2 hours.Day 25: Up $2000. 1 tabled 3/6NL for about an hour.Day 26: DNPDay 27: DNP we have some people over and i'm too drunk to play. holla green poeple. i didn't forget to uptdate though!Day 28: DNPDay 29: Down $700. Played terrible. Got stacked 3 times, twice when I had basically nothing, once on a monster draw where I was sure the guy had AA and wouldn't fold anyway. So dumb. I sucked today bad.Day 30: Up $1000 playing 3/6, 3 tables for about 2 hours. Played poorly early, and ok late. Was down $1500 at one point, eek'd my way back to even, and then the hand below came up... smile.gifDay 31: Down $450. Played a quick morning session and a quick evening session. Had that sick set of tens hand early, and then played poorly I think the rest of the day. Made a brazillion sets, and couldn't get paid. Called off my stack with a pair of 3s. blah blah.Day 32: DNPDay 33: DNP (but Potowatomi 5/10NL was good to me tonight)Day 34: Down $900. One tabled 3/6NL for about 2 hours. 2 hands before my blind hit where I was quitting for the night even, I ran KK through AA. gg me.Day 35: Up $900. 2 tabled 2/4NL for about 30 mins. (only 3 tables of 3/6NL running this morning, and all had lists. wtf everyone asleep?) Flying home, so won't be on anymore todayDay 36: Down $1400. OMG tilted so bad tonight. I can barely type this report I'm still so tilty. I hate passive donkeys is all I can say. I played so bad too. I was up $1000 at one point today. Ugh.Day 37: Even. Played about 5 hours. Lost a ton in the morning, still tilting/playing poorly. Played a little better this evening, got it all back. I'm getting worried about meeting my goal. I'm super busy this week. I just canceled a homegame tourney I was supposed to be in Saturday night because I think I might need the time to play... smile.gifDay 38: Down $750. Logged about 5 hours today. Down a ton this morning, up a ton tonight. Stacked off 150bb's with AK pf, which was just so horrible. I dunno. Frustrated. There is still hope though...3 more days...Day 39: Down $2000. Played really well I think, just lots of ugly rivers. (see the posts above this one) Oh well. Happy that I'm back to playing my A game. Friday and Saturday will be good I think!Day 40: Up $800. Played well again. Dropped down to 2/4NL after more horrible runs this morning at 3/6NL. But I'm happy again with how I'm playing. Friday was good. Saturday will be better! I just need a $4500 day, and I can probably get a good 7 hours total in. So you know, we'll see!Day 41: Up $600. Played about 7 hours today. Couldn't really get anything going. But at least I booked a win on the final day, so I"m going to finish happy. Now that the challenge is over, I fully expect to hit $25K in like 3 hours lol smile.gifHere is some info on the 40 days:Played 22K hands at 3/6NL, 208 table hours, my ptbb/100 was 7.66. VPIP 19.73, earned $20,381Played 3K hands at 2/4NL, 28 table hours, ptbb/100 was 1.9. VPIP 22.85, earned $485 (these were mostly 'recovering from tilt' sessions thus the reason for how poorly I played.Played 200 hands at 1/2NL, 2 table hours, ptbb/100 was 18, made $145. This was just me sitting with a friend for a while.Played 6 hands at .5/1NL. Shoved every hand. VPIP = 100 smile.gif Lost $100.I made Goldstar then PlatinumStar on Stars, and earned around 30K FPPs.My top 5 winning hands in order:AA: $9800KK: $8000AKo: $550077: $2800JJ: $2500My biggest losers:22: ($1100)98o: ($1000)QJs: ($1000)QTo: ($950)98s: ($930)Players who I pwned the most:MT UR Wallet, schreech, the__whale4, Dirty-Bomb, b33nz, and UnsyatisfiedPlayers who pwned me:running solo, LanderD, wellPRAYED7, Alotofaction, Sleepy80 (because he 2 outered me for a $2K pot which would have ended this challenge 2 weeks ago grr....)So my final total is:Current balance: $21,090.82I had a lot of fun doing this, and think that it has definitely helped me to be more focused in playing daily and not just making what I need for the month and goofing off. Its been great having everyone checking in on me and supporting me too. I'll do some kind of freeroll as a thankyou sometime soon.Mark

Mark: Thanks for the reply, those are some sick numbers. I don't expect to fair that well, especially since I'm playing live and won't see nearly as many hands. Congrats on that 40-day profit. I've added your blog to my favs.

Mark: Thanks for the reply, those are some sick numbers. I don't expect to fair that well, especially since I'm playing live and won't see nearly as many hands. Congrats on that 40-day profit. I've added your blog to my favs.
Ummm...for the record I didn't quote it right. I wish these were my numbers. They belong to the one and only NoSup4u.Enjoy all 80-something pages of this thread.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=88531
Thanks, I will stop rapping immediately.
Ok that was funny.In all seriousness though, yeah stick to poker :icon_confused:I only listened to the first track, and I don't know if you were particularly good or bad, but I hated the beat.

Ok I am in for this challenge. My goal is to make it to 20k but the real purpose of this challenge will be just to focus on my game and quality play, similar to what NoSup's thinking with his.I plan to start with $165 (50 buyins at 3.25) and play exclusively SNGs and MTTs. The goal is to have 50 buyins for every tournament I play. The exception will be I might play some bigger buyin events if I can sattallite in provided the sat is within my bankroll. Basically I am treating this as a new start. I plan to start new spreadsheets and PT databases and really work to improve my game over the summer. Im hoping I can put in enough hours though. I am a pro cyclist so I am on the road alot but we usually have internet. The advantage of this is that I really have a ton of free time during the days.Good luck to the others. Ill have my blog up in the next day or so.

I'm broke ATM but plan on starting a personal challenge next Thursday (when I get my first paycheck LOL). I'll probably be aiming for much less (say, 100 - 5k). Its mostly just to prove to myself that I can make money at this, and hopefully learn some bankroll management along the way.

Come on now I know we got some creative/drunk m/fers out there whats the next line?

I don't see anyone turning 100 to 20000 or even 10000 just by playing SnGs. If you really want to make decent money, i say just learn cash game or start playing mtts and hope u run gooot.

Exodon't listen to any of these math head Sklansky wannabee micro n00bz who have balls the size of cranberries telling you what you CAN'T do. $100 to 20K is do-able in 2 months if not less. But I will say that grinding $5.00 SnG's and stepping up adhering to the 'Jesus Principle' will not meet your deadline.There are going to be times that you are running hot, playing well and 'in the zone' so to speak. This is exactly when you should push it and step up in limits and throw bankroll management in the fk'n toilet. Ive run 200 bucks into over 5K in a single session just playing out of my mind and without a shred of fear when I knew I was playing my A game.As far as all jerkoffs trying to bring you down and warning you how quickly you are going to fail....well these are the same losers who spend months and months and months to double their puny rolls grinding out penny limit games without ever having the cahones to take a shot. I guess some people are content with mediocrity.I say good luck and make it happen bro. Don't let a handful of armchair quarterback forum trolls tell you what you can or cannot accomplish