Where's Joe Hachem?

He missed the first week, I think. There was a story in the paper in Melbourne (where he's from) that he was invited on a yacht with Pitt, Clooney, Damon, Cheadle etc. and played some poker with them. Then it said he'd be going to Vegas on Saturday (assume last Saturday). Rare that we get a poker article, which is why I remember it.

On his way to the airport, he got hit by a bus....I think it was a newflyer.

didn't want to start a thread on it, but I'll whore this one...watched a rerun of last years ME last night and got to thinkinwhat the hell happened to spirit rock?20th in the ME last year for 500Kish and never heard from againmaybe he really did get hit by a bus

didn't want to start a thread on it, but I'll whore this one...watched a rerun of last years ME last night and got to thinkinwhat the hell happened to spirit rock?20th in the ME last year for 500Kish and never heard from againmaybe he really did get hit by a bus
Obv. his rap career finally took off.......DUH
I made a thread about this around a month ago. A lot of random speculation, playin lower stakes, taking a break, cant hack it anymore, hit by a bus... but nobody really knows
I made a thread about this around a month ago. A lot of random speculation, playin lower stakes, taking a break, cant hack it anymore, hit by a bus... but nobody really knows
I think he makes fabrics for a living now.Damn those are some good fabrics Prahlad makes.

Hachem said during a WPT recently he wasn't coming to LV for the wsop until the middle of it.

Anyway, you can watch Hachem play on this week's Poker After Dark (taped around the time of the Lucky You advanced screening- for the celebs).

Last I heard he was hanging out with Vinnie Vinh...but that was quite a few days ago.
hachem is a good player, but from what i understand he's trying to go the hellmuth/howard lederer route: establish business projects where you cannot get rivered.
Last I heard he was hanging out with Vinnie Vinh...but that was quite a few days ago.
hachem is a good player, but from what i understand he's trying to go the hellmuth/howard lederer route: establish business projects where you cannot get rivered. he is repping for mcdonalds in australia, and has been doing advertisements for their new kangaroo burger value meal.
hachem is a good player, but from what i understand he's trying to go the hellmuth/howard lederer route: establish business projects where you cannot get rivered.
Why single out Hachem, Hellmuth and Lederer? Find me one "well-known" professional who doesn't have some extra income, business venture or whatever that doesn't come directly from playing. It makes sense for them to have their fingers in other pies.
Oh please not you too. Is there no safe sanctuary on the internet anymore?
I just recently discovered this phenomenom, so I'm late to the annoyance party.I am spent with this tomfoolery....but I am desperately looking for jeans with nipple-high waistlines. *sigh....Never gonna give you up man. Never gonna let you down. :club:
Why single out Hachem, Hellmuth and Lederer? Find me one "well-known" professional who doesn't have some extra income, business venture or whatever that doesn't come directly from playing. It makes sense for them to have their fingers in other pies.
this is the reason: most professional poker players are horrible businessmen. howard lederer does not even play any more, he just picks up the checks from Full Tilt and works as a commentator. Hellmuth plays, but the prize money is not life changing. He makes more through his other investments. there are actually a limited number of professional poker players that have made the transition to success businessmen.
this is the reason: most professional poker players are horrible businessmen. howard lederer does not even play any more, he just picks up the checks from Full Tilt and works as a commentator. Hellmuth plays, but the prize money is not life changing. He makes more through his other investments. there are actually a limited number of professional poker players that have made the transition to success businessmen.
You pretty much covered them.Timing is everything.
It makes sense for them to have their fingers in other pies.
Warm apple pie?