• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is absolutley ridiculous on TV, I cannot even watch it anymore, the whole shark thing last year was as Bill Walton would say...HHHHOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBut unfortunately he is a good player and can read really well so we are going to keep seeing him.And Chorrizo Sausage I am drinking Crown and Coke trying to keep up with you tonight and dumping a bunch on money on Stars!Damn I cannot win online!
Humberto definitely give Mexicans like you a bad name.He has made a plethora of final tables this year though.
Is he even allowed to use the chark this year? WSOP rule # 55I believe the chark is much more than a half-inch tall.And yes, he's having a ridiculous series ... he's in first on our POTY leaderboard, and that total doesn't even include the points he'll earn in today's final table.
There would be a lot of chip holders removed from the tables if they enforced that rule.

He has skill. He is sometimes annoying (not like Hellmuth annoying, more like "Please shut up" annoying) but he is often entertaining. I loved his shark last year-is he using it again?"How do you say 'shark' in Spanish?""Huuuuumberrrrrrrtooooooooooo"

Is he even allowed to use the chark this year? WSOP rule # 55I believe the chark is much more than a half-inch tall.And yes, he's having a ridiculous series ... he's in first on our POTY leaderboard, and that total doesn't even include the points he'll earn in today's final table.
He has a new chark this year that has a red light that comes on in the mouth when he clicks it, it is a little smaller then the one last year. One of the dealers at the final table of the PLHE was getting a little annoyed at him constantly flashing the chark at her. On topic I think he is a prick and if I was at a table with him and he pulled his antics I would prolly want to punch him in the throat and shove the chark up his a$$.
Ok now he has officially hit his 3rd ft, Matt Gilsdorf went out 10th.He is sitting in 8th with just over 300k in chips first has just under 900k.Looks like a pretty tight race for the win on this one.
for anyone who hasn't heard yet...humberto now has 2- "charks" that he plays with at the table..the orig. shark, and a new shark with a red laser in it's mouth...i stood on the first row of the rail the other day, when they were playing down to the final table in the 5k PLHE event..he was totally calm and normal, until the tv cameras came around--then he put the annoying show on for espn..over, and over, and over..-i watched the last 3 tables for about 2 hours or so, and i also noticed that greenstein never once came over to offer joe sebok advice, unless the espn cameras were rolling, and pointing in joe's direction..
You cant deny he is having a GREAT series. I also admit I thought the shark was funny, but this year when he sucked out on Joe sebok with 83 vs ak and went crazy, I lost respect. It was to get to the final table, obv Sebok was crushed to lose but to not get up shake his hand and say sorry for the beat, you played great. Thats just not right. Maybe he's looking for a postion on TELEMUNDO!!!! aye aye aye.....PS thos girls are smoking on Primer Impacto.
As a one time gimmick the shark was kind of funny but doing that over and over again is just stupid.And I absolutely hate seeing him and his ridiculous antics on tv. It also looks very artificial, Hellmuth/Matusow/Tony G and even Phil Laack at least seem somewhat genuine when they pull off their shows in front of the cameras. Brenes is just a creepy, annoying old man.
Humberto definitely give Mexicans like you a bad name.He has made a plethora of final tables this year though.
hahah i think he is costa rican but that is still hilarious.
WSOP rule # 55There will be no foreign objects on the table except for a maximum of one card cap. Card caps can be no larger than two (2) inches in diameter and no more than one-half (1/2) inch in depth.
Otherwise known as the Anti-Chark Act of 2007.

Just go and listen to the Pokerwire Radio episode with Gus Hansen as special guest because Joe Sebok sums it up perfectly in the first 10-15 minutes of the show. To paraphrase ...Humberto used to be a quiet and normal guy at the tables but then started doing this schtick and has gone way too far with it. I don't know if maybe he flipped a switch in his head or a screw went loose ... or if some marketing person got to him. But the bottom line is I've lost a ton of respect for him because of the way he was sticking that stupid shark in my face and screaming at the top of his lungs after he sucked out on me. I would never do that to anyone, especially deep in a World Series event where there's a lot on the line. I'm a professional player, he's a professional player. Sooner or later you need to stop and question what you're doing and ask if giving up your dignity is worth some extra money.

I was in Event #19 until deep, and Humberto was getting some heat from the pros. Greg Mueller was giving him a mouthful about being more respectful when he wins a pot, and Matusow was giving him some crap also. Humberto was pretty reserved when I was playing at his table, but some people who had played all day with him were very annoyed by him.I kind of like his sharks and his antics as long as they're in good fun, but I want to smack his face when he takes 5 minutes to dance around the room and act like a fool.

Maybe he's looking for a postion on TELEMUNDO!!!! aye aye aye.....PS thos girls are smoking on Primer Impacto.
QFA (Quoted for awesomeness)

I have had the pleasure of playing with Umberto for several years now. He is always nice to me and all others. I have seen him stand in hallways and sign autographs for hours. He introduced me to his wife one year. He seems to me to genuinely like people. So a little playing around at the table... well fine with me... it breaks up the long hours we play.

I have had the pleasure of playing with Umberto for several years now. He is always nice to me and all others. I have seen him stand in hallways and sign autographs for hours. He introduced me to his wife one year. He seems to me to genuinely like people. So a little playing around at the table... well fine with me... it breaks up the long hours we play.
Welcome to FCP. Ya i mean all the antics aside i think he is OBV a great player. Im sure he plays it up for the cameras!

I find it very interesting that Matusow would give him a hard time about his antics? That being said, I think Humberto is a Douuuuuuuuche!