Advice Regarding Wsop Home Satelite

I need some advice, if you guys wouldn't mind.In January I signed up to play in a 5 game series (1 a month). The buy in was $670 for 18 people, the winner would get $12,000 to buy in to the ME and have some expense money.The winner of the tourney doesn't get the money free and clear, he gets a % of the prize if he cashes and the other people divide the rest. After 5 tourneys I had the most points but before we started we decided that only 4 of the 5 would count, I ended up losing by 1 point(oh well).Here's the problem, after everything was said and done, 1 guy didn't pay.The organizer of this tourney didn't make everyone pay up front for some reason.Now he wants everyone to pay an extra $40 bucks. Would you tell the guy to pound sand or would you pay the money?I only know one guy in this whole thing and he is the organizer and he isn't really a friend.

I need some advice, if you guys wouldn't mind.In January I signed up to play in a 5 game series (1 a month). The buy in was $670 for 18 people, the winner would get $12,000 to buy in to the ME and have some expense money.The winner of the tourney doesn't get the money free and clear, he gets a % of the prize if he cashes and the other people divide the rest. After 5 tourneys I had the most points but before we started we decided that only 4 of the 5 would count, I ended up losing by 1 point(oh well).Here's the problem, after everything was said and done, 1 guy didn't pay.The organizer of this tourney didn't make everyone pay up front for some reason.Now he wants everyone to pay an extra $40 bucks. Would you tell the guy to pound sand or would you pay the money?I only know one guy in this whole thing and he is the organizer and he isn't really a friend.
uh.... **** no? why the hell would you pay more money? it's the ******'s fault for not paying and the organizer's fault for not collecting
why the hell would you pay more money?
Well presumably if he doesn't pony up the extra $40 bucks, these guys are gonna shaft him his % if the guy they send cashes. So really it relies on the odds of him cashing (pretty small) versus how pissed OP will be if he takes down a nice prize and he doesn't get paid.
Well presumably if he doesn't pony up the extra $40 bucks, these guys are gonna shaft him his % if the guy they send cashes. So really it relies on the odds of him cashing (pretty small) versus how pissed OP will be if he takes down a nice prize and he doesn't get paid.
If you want your %, pay the $40. It's wrong, but iti's not worth getting shafted out of your cut if the guy goes on to do well.It's his fault for not collecting the money, yes, but it's also yours for not making sure everything was on the up and up before forking over your own money. Lesson learned, $40 is a small price to learn that lesson. And remember to swipe at least $40 worth of beer over the next home game you play at this guys house.

I will still get the original % that was agreed upon, which is a 1/18 share instead of the 1/17th share if I pay the 40. I'm really torn as to what to do.

I will still get the original % that was agreed upon, which is a 1/18 share instead of the 1/17th share if I pay the 40. I'm really torn as to what to do.
If you get a "share" either way, I guess you can forego not paying the $40. But I say just pay it and chalk it up to remember to always investigate whether the event is organized properly before you pony up any money. If any of these guys are friends or people you'd like to keep playing with down the road, then definitely do it, if for nothing else than to not be 'that guy' even if you are right. There's nothing worse than bad blood between friends over money.
This is terrible. If everyone is getting 1/18, then dude only has 1/18th of himself?
This is terrible. If everyone is getting 1/18, then dude only has 1/18th of himself?
I agree that is not very good, for putting all that $$ up to win a 1/18 seat. If that was the case you all should have found the best player and staked him.The other thing that stuck me as weird, why after the fact did one of the 5 tourneys not count?? Sounds shady to me.

I would tell the organizer that I think its his responsibility for not collecting the cash up front.Also, this tourney seems a little lame since you really are just winning the chance to play in the WSOP. If you win any money, you barely get to keep any of it!Mark

Oh I think I already saw this one. Spoiler warning: this guy goes on to win the ME, then he's all "I didn't say I would give you guys any moneys!!1" And then you have to sue him and it turns out he sucks at poker.

Tell him to pound sand.