First Hand Of Sng

(From another forum)It's the first hand of a $1 + $0.25 Sit & Go (Turbo). Blinds are 15/30, it's 9 handed and everyone has 1500 chips before the hands starts.Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A :club: , K :D1 fold, UTG+1 raises to 105, 2 folds, Hero calls 105, 2 folds, SB raises to 1500 and is all in, BB folds, UTG+1 calls 1395 and is all in, Hero ???What do you do AS PLAYED and why?Do we only have to take into account EV in this situation? (Calling would be +EV based on the huge range of hands villians could have in this donkfest).Or should we consider the increase in our chip value that will occur if we fold because a player will (most likely) be knocked out.

Don't even think about folding here.Reasons for calling - 1) It's a $1 turbo sng.2) You have a very strong hand.3) You're getting over 2-1 odds.4) You have a chance to knock out 2 players here and triple up on the first hand.5) $4500 against 7 players >>>>>>>>> $1400 against 8 players with one player having $3000.Call. AINEC.

I thought it was an easy call too.But What can be said about the following response? (BTW It assumes your equity is ~35%)."Using ICM, determining the actual worth of your stack; your equity in cash at the start of this hand is $1. The pot is 3135. To simplify a little bit, you are risking ~$1 to win $2. Since it is not winner take all, your equity if you win becomes not $3, but close to $2.5, just like everyone's equity changes when people go out.Your equity if you fold with 1395 chips left and one player goes out will be $0.96-----------------------------------------You are a 35% favourite to win the hand, that means..35*2.5=87,5So, you decide to do this call. 87,5/100 = an equity of $0.875, less than if you fold.The play, therefore, is literally costing you $0.085, or rather 8,5% of what the buyin is in the long run [edit] making this call -EV with this particular selected range. Since it might be more close of a decision and depending on how big of an edge you have on the opponents, I'd say wait for a better spot which will be much better $+EVGL!"

I thought it was an easy call too.But What can be said about the following response? (BTW It assumes your equity is ~35%)."Using ICM, determining the actual worth of your stack; your equity in cash at the start of this hand is $1. The pot is 3135. To simplify a little bit, you are risking ~$1 to win $2. Since it is not winner take all, your equity if you win becomes not $3, but close to $2.5, just like everyone's equity changes when people go out.Your equity if you fold with 1395 chips left and one player goes out will be $0.96-----------------------------------------You are a 35% favourite to win the hand, that means..35*2.5=87,5So, you decide to do this call. 87,5/100 = an equity of $0.875, less than if you fold.The play, therefore, is literally costing you $0.085, or rather 8,5% of what the buyin is in the long run [edit] making this call -EV with this particular selected range. Since it might be more close of a decision and depending on how big of an edge you have on the opponents, I'd say wait for a better spot which will be much better $+EVGL!"
I'd like to know where they're getting their numbers. Most of it seems to be pulled out of their ***.Also, the 35% to win the hand is like worse case scenario. We are often better than this.

This is assuming both callers are calling with top 10% hands:

Hand #	equity 	  win 	tie 	pots won 		pots tied	Hand 0: 	37.573%	  32.86% 	04.71% 	3749146856 	537944858.00   { AsKc }Hand 1: 	31.214%	  28.23% 	02.99% 	3220836362 	340695929.00   { 88+, A9s+, KTs+, QTs+, AJo+, KQo }Hand 2: 	31.214%	  28.23% 	02.99% 	3220836362 	340695929.00   { 88+, A9s+, KTs+, QTs+, AJo+, KQo }

Drop them to top 5% and:

Hand #	equity	win	tie		pots won		pots tied	Hand 0:	27.172%	20.67%	06.50%	534416950		168040831.67	{ AsKc }Hand 1:	36.414%	32.39%	04.03%	837276739 	104115392.17	{ 99+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }Hand 2:	36.414%	32.39%	04.03%	837276739 	104115392.17	{ 99+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Anything looser and we are doing quite well.

I wouldn't worry about the pusher in this situation. His push can represent as low as TT, AT, KQ. The only real concern is whether UTG is sitting with KK or AA, but his raise can also represent JJ, QQ, AQ at this level.

Never ever fold AK preflop in a 1 dollar tourney. Okay, there are some bubble scenarios where folding might be better than calling, but if you never folded AK preflop, I don't think you're very far from optimal in a $1 tourney.Why? In general AK is +EV in these sorts of situations, but particularly so here. For one thing, these $1 things have donkeys who are willing to be all in with any 2 broadway, suited connectors, gapped suited connectors, KXs...all sorts of crap hands that actually increases the EV of your hand. For another thing, villains at this level overvalue AX, so you actually dominate a TON of both villain's range. SB could literally have any 2 here, and be pulling a squeeze play. UTG+1 could have A8+, 22+, or any two broadway. You are WAY ahead.If I thought your edge was thin here, I could see a fold, but your edge is huge, and you need to play the plus EV situation accordingly.

Are these even beatable?25% rake is ridiculous.
While discussing theory is nice, this may be the most valuable reply for the OP. It seems ludicrous to discuss tournament equity when this much is taken from the payout.25% rake tourneys should NEVER be played.
25% rake tourneys should NEVER be played.
Its a $1 SNG. People dont play these to make money. Its either practice or for fun.
While discussing theory is nice, this may be the most valuable reply for the OP. It seems ludicrous to discuss tournament equity when this much is taken from the payout.25% rake tourneys should NEVER be played.
Agreed (N.B. I wasn't involved in the hand, its based on a topic from another forum), but disregarding the huge rake, the general consensus appears to be a clear call. Thanks for all the replies.