No, its not that, i'm just looking at it from my perspective.boiled down to my limits (with a competent group of 200NL players for example)I'd have roughly 300, and villain easily covers @ 1/2Not "deep stacks" but doin ok.The way it was played it seems that villain puts roberts on AK,AQ AJ,KJ. (10,10??) but he has no idea because he hasnt found anything out. which is where we get the "bad player" vibe from.
"mistake" != "bad player"i mean, a vibe is fine...that's natural..but i'm just loling at some of the comments insinuating this guy isn't a good player, based off one hand example. I personally couldn't say he was a 'good' or 'bad' player until i played a few hundred hands with him.but hey that's just me. most poker players that are quick to judge a player as good or bad, are usually bad themselves. but hey, that's just me. - Jordan
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"mistake" != "bad player"i mean, a vibe is fine...that's natural..but i'm just loling at some of the comments insinuating this guy isn't a good player, based off one hand example. I personally couldn't say he was a 'good' or 'bad' player until i played a few hundred hands with him.but hey that's just me. most poker players that are quick to judge a player as good or bad, are usually bad themselves. but hey, that's just me. - Jordan
well heres the thing. Roberts hasnt been playing 5/10 for very long.He claims villain is good, mostly due to the fact that he won a grand off him in HU play. I've seen people dominate HU, but suck a ring games. I've seen people dominate ring games, but suck HU.I'm just goin on whats been provided to draw my own conclusions. I'm sure if I had seen the aim convo about this hand, i'd probably have a much different view.
Well I assume everyone sucks until they show me otherwise.
So if villain had AA and hero called with KK, could ew say that hero played his overpairs badly?
no, the idea here is that villain shovels with queens knowing the only thing he beats witout getting a call is AK,AQ, and maybe a call from AJ,KJthats a pretty small range to make a all in raise on.Heres a question. If u had QQ and u could see your opponents hand and it was AJ. would you shovel the flop?
no, the idea here is that villain shovels with queens knowing the only thing he beats witout getting a call is AK,AQ, and maybe a call from AJ,KJthats a pretty small range to make a all in raise on.Heres a question. If u had QQ and u could see your opponents hand and it was AJ. would you shovel the flop?
I was being a smart ***.Here's an answer: probably not. If I were the villain, I would bloat the pot as much as possible and let you make the mistake.
well if u play overpairs badly, you usually are bad.
I dont advocate pushing like opponent did but if you raise QQ and are 3 bet by LAG player, this is the flop you are hoping for. I probably stack off here to LAG btw.If you're calling this 3 bet with QQ and avoiding getting involved on this board against a LAG then you're going to get pushed around a bit at the higher limits. This isn't full ring.
I dont advocate pushing like opponent did but if you raise QQ and are 3 bet by LAG player, this is the flop you are hoping for. I probably stack off here to LAG btw.If you're calling this 3 bet with QQ and avoiding getting involved on this board against a LAG then you're going to get pushed around a bit at the higher limits. This isn't full ring.
We're playing $5/$10 and are talking about 140 big blinds, right? I don't know that QQ is "worth" that when I've been 3 bet PF. It's a cooler, but it's not a HUGE cooler.
We're playing $5/$10 and are talking about 140 big blinds, right? I don't know that QQ is "worth" that when I've been 3 bet PF. It's a cooler, but it's not a HUGE cooler.
QQ is worth a LOT vs a LAG at 6 max. I don't think it is a HUGE cooler by any means but against a LAG I'm saying it is harder for me to lay down on that dry flop. I was simply defending people criticizing this guy for going broke with QQ on Jxx board against LAG who 3 bet. Yes we're semi deep with 140BB but once again, more money in preflop means less play postflop. Even if he didn't push postflop he HAS to throw in a raise or call and face a bigger turn bet. Once he does either of these things there is so much money in the pot it is almost incorrect to fold at this point.Also, at 5/10 I'm more likely to go broke because the aggression is much higher then .5/1 or 1/2 and much more people are pulling things and playing LAG.If villian is TAG or nit then things change obviously.