i'm looking for a software programmer to develop a poker tracker style software for five card draw games (2-7 triple draw specifically). i'm pretty clueless about this sort of thing, and as such, would have little clue to the amount of time involved.i would prefer that this program be sold to only me (for my own personal use) so i would be willing to pay for privacy rights. i would also pay pretty handsomely. thanks.

You would need to be specific on what you want to be tracked. Do you want the tracker to tell you the odds of making your hand, or what?

You would need to be specific on what you want to be tracked. Do you want the tracker to tell you the odds of making your hand, or what?
no, it would be more like the opponents pre flop raising percentage, their aggression factor on each street, etc.i would obviously discuss all this with anyone willing to take on the task.

depending on the specifics your looking at about a 4-5k minimum. the problem is not writing the math algorithms or api(used for reading information from windows and application exchange), its writing the api for 20 different sites. this would be way too time consuming for a software developer to do cheap. if i contracted this out it would be around 5k and you could pick 4 sites to be supported. if your serious pm me.

i'm looking for a software programmer to develop a poker tracker style software for five card draw games (2-7 triple draw specifically). i'm pretty clueless about this sort of thing, and as such, would have little clue to the amount of time involved.i would prefer that this program be sold to only me (for my own personal use) so i would be willing to pay for privacy rights. i would also pay pretty handsomely. thanks.
I'm a programming geek who happens to use the same programming environment at PT, so....If you are looking for something anywhere near the scale of PT, and you want it only for your personal use, expect to pay thousands or tens of thousands for it.If you want something that only uses hand histories from one site, and just shows a limited set of data, it wouldn't be too difficult, but I don't know how much I'd have to charge. In the crudest form, it would be pretty cheap (a couple hundred). The easiest way is to draw a screen shot (in Word) for example, of what you'd like to see on the screen, along with any explanations, and see if somebody bites.EDIT: stealfromblind beat me to it -- and gave a pretty similar response.
If you want it as mature as poker tracker, then $20,000 minimum.
i definitely don't need it as mature (if i understand you correctly) as poker tracker. i'm not yet willing to discuss how much i'm willing to pay for it, but i understand it's going to be more than 1K.

I have been meaning to program one for horse and draw the longest time. I've always disliked PT. The user interface is rubbish and it's a bit slow. Though its about as good as one can get with the language used. Anyhoo... The user interface and whatnot would be a breeze. The parsing of the hand histories from all the sites would be the pain in the ***... Considering they seem to change the format every month and a half. The upkeep alone is what is keeping me from doing it. I'd rather just spend the time playing. If only the sites all outputted to a standardized XML format...As for the cost of exclusive rights... I personally wouldn't do it for less than $200,000. I'd only have to sell 4,000 copies at $49.95 a pop. I am sure I could sell off twice that no problem.