Regret Not Taking Dn's Bet

I really wish I would have taken DN's bet on (not)winning a bracelet this year. 2:1 or 3:1 it was but I really regret not taking that bet. Damn

I really wish I would have taken DN's bet on (not)winning a bracelet this year. 2:1 or 3:1 it was but I really regret not taking that bet. Damn
Is the World Series over already?
I really wish I would have taken DN's bet on (not)winning a bracelet this year. 2:1 + 3:1 it was but I really regret not taking that bet. Damn
FYP.5:1 were the odds he were laying. So you'd have to risk $500 to win $100.

ohhh yah that's what it was. but still, i would take that bet in a heartbeat. i'd bet $1,000 that he won't win a bracelet. as much as it hurts....i really don't think he will win. he is my favorite poker player but i just don't think he will do it. pretty good bet if you ask me.

Is the World Series over already?
of course not. but if that's a rhetorical sarcastic question i think it's a little out of line. i truly think he doesn't have it in him to take one down. he will play a hell of a lot more events and i wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even make a final table. he'll probably make one or two though.
ohhh yah that's what it was. but still, i would take that bet in a heartbeat. i'd bet $1,000 that he won't win a bracelet. as much as it hurts....i really don't think he will win. he is my favorite poker player but i just don't think he will do it. pretty good bet if you ask me.
I don't think he's gonna win one either, but I am not sure he is a 5-1 underdog to do it.

For your "favorite poker player" you don't seem to have much support for him. Isn't your favourite player supposed to be the one you think is the best? Yet you think he won't make one final table out of the 20-30 odd events he'll play?

For your "favorite poker player" you don't seem to have much support for him. Isn't your favourite player supposed to be the one you think is the best? Yet you think he won't make one final table out of the 20-30 odd events he'll play?
I believe the bet was to win an event not to make it to the final table, And no my fav. player does not have to mean that he is the best player. While Daniel is my fav player, i don't believe he is the best poker player right now. You have a guy like Brian Townsend who will play maybe five events this world series and hes already up 1.8 million without cashing. The guy kills on FTP everyday and now hes playing live and he recorded his biggest win ever. If i had to bet he is the best poker player out there right now, but you probably will not see him once when the world series airs.

he is my favorite player and i do support him but i recognize that he is not playing his usual game. something is off. dn is not dn lately. i DO think Dn is the best player that's why he's my favorite. but we all have off days/weeks/months. oh and keep in mind, i didn't say i don't think he will make a single final table. i said i woulnd't be surprised if he didn't make any. i think he will probably make one or two, like i said. ps. yah 5:1 aren't exactly the right odds but i'd take em anyway. i'm pretty confident he's going to be bracelet-less this summer. it's a big feat these days and you have to either be extremely lucky or completely on your "A" game. he is not either of those things for the last couple months. i sincerely hope i am wrong and he wins 2 bracelets and final tables 6 times. something like that. especially since i didn't actually get to take the bet lol. cheers

he is my favorite player and i do support him but i recognize that he is not playing his usual game. something is off. dn is not dn lately. i DO think Dn is the best player that's why he's my favorite. but we all have off days/weeks/months. oh and keep in mind, i didn't say i don't think he will make a single final table. i said i woulnd't be surprised if he didn't make any. i think he will probably make one or two, like i said. ps. yah 5:1 aren't exactly the right odds but i'd take em anyway. i'm pretty confident he's going to be bracelet-less this summer. it's a big feat these days and you have to either be extremely lucky or completely on your "A" game. he is not either of those things for the last couple months. i sincerely hope i am wrong and he wins 2 bracelets and final tables 6 times. something like that. especially since i didn't actually get to take the bet lol. cheers
I don't think he's playing too badly at all right now to be honest. He had a good start to 2007, went off a bit but took a break to gear himself up for this. Watching his vBlogs he clearly seems in high spirits, feels like he's reading well atm (and trusting them!) and the only times he's been knocked out (to my recollection) was when he was favourite in the hand, at least in the first few events.

Wow. This thread has so many dumb people completely missing the point of what the person before them was saying I can't choose one to laugh at....so I will just laugh at them all. :club:

I believe the bet was to win an event not to make it to the final table, And no my fav. player does not have to mean that he is the best player. While Daniel is my fav player, i don't believe he is the best poker player right now. You have a guy like Brian Townsend who will play maybe five events this world series and hes already up 1.8 million without cashing. The guy kills on FTP everyday and now hes playing live and he recorded his biggest win ever. If i had to bet he is the best poker player out there right now, but you probably will not see him once when the world series airs.
Big call i think phil ivey would be better at the moment. Brian might have him in no limit but phil ivey is still the better player. You read about phil racking the chips in the stud event.
Big call i think phil ivey would be better at the moment. Brian might have him in no limit but phil ivey is still the better player. You read about phil racking the chips in the stud event.
Is Brian playing the HORSE event? The best tournament poker players of this year will make up the FT of that event, in any case.
Phil is up there, but at least online, Brian usually gets the better of him.
i truly think he doesn't have it in him to take one down. he will play a hell of a lot more events and i wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even make a final table. he'll probably make one or two though.
Just for that, he's going to win 6. So there. :club:

hey OP, lay me 10-1 on DN not winning a bracelet and I'll take it. I'll put on $100, and if he wins a bracelet, you owe me 1k, and if he doesn't win one, I owe you $100.Let me know if u want to take this bet

Daniel will win Event 51, $1,000 S.H.O.E.Mark it down.(He's technically the defending champ when he won the $2,000 S.H.O.E. event in '03 and they didnt have a S.H.O.E. event in '04-'06)

hey OP, lay me 10-1 on DN not winning a bracelet and I'll take it. I'll put on $100, and if he wins a bracelet, you owe me 1k, and if he doesn't win one, I owe you $100.Let me know if u want to take this bet
10-1 is a little bit off. 7:1 or 8:1. to be honest i really would take it. i don't know you though how can we be sure the bet is honored? with DN i wouldn't mind taking any bet at all cause...well...he's DN but...who are you? know what i'm sayin'? 7:1
of course not. but if that's a rhetorical sarcastic question i think it's a little out of line. i truly think he doesn't have it in him to take one down. he will play a hell of a lot more events and i wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even make a final table. he'll probably make one or two though.
This could be the funniest thing I've ever read on FCP
This could be the funniest thing I've ever read on FCP
I don't know who you are - but I concur. That's what caused me to laugh so hard. He isn't going to last long if that was out of line...haha
10-1 is a little bit off. 7:1 or 8:1. to be honest i really would take it. i don't know you though how can we be sure the bet is honored? with DN i wouldn't mind taking any bet at all cause...well...he's DN but...who are you? know what i'm sayin'? 7:1
I will take this bet.

by "out of line" i didn't mean offensive. not in any way. just was my nice way of saying it was a retarded thing to say. too polite i guess.to the guy who wants to take that 7:1 bet...pm me.

by "out of line" i didn't mean offensive. not in any way. just was my nice way of saying it was a retarded thing to say. too polite i guess.to the guy who wants to take that 7:1 bet...pm me.
i have a feeling if cody loses, he'll be the new max falloon.