This movie was on the tube today,and I remember when it came out back in like 93 and I went and saw it, and loved it, and now I realize what a crock of **** this movie was feeding me. Sum it up,white people, stupid and pointless,black people, manly and deep. I am watching this thing and that is all I am seeing. Did something happen to me in the past 14 years that made me calloused, or is this movie really as shallow as I see it today?

This movie was on the tube today,and I remember when it came out back in like 93 and I went and saw it, and loved it, and now I realize what a crock of **** this movie was feeding me. Sum it up,white people, stupid and pointless,black people, manly and deep. I am watching this thing and that is all I am seeing. Did something happen to me in the past 14 years that made me calloused, or is this movie really as shallow as I see it today?
It had Tyra Banks in it pre-boob job...That's all the insight I have on this.
It had Tyra Banks in it pre-boob job...That's all the insight I have on this.
A valid point. Also, Jennifer Connelly played a lesbian......I'll be back in about 2 minutes.
A valid point. Also, Jennifer Connelly played a lesbian......I'll be back in about 2 minutes.
This is true... my wife would not turn this heaping pile off so I kept a running tally on how shallow it was.. the scene where Kristy Swanson and Connelley get close I said,"And this is how lesbians are made" and my wife was rolling. Seriously, it's like the job of the movie was to paint things as simplisticly as possible, as shallow as possible, and pretend that it made some sort of great point. This was the guy who made Boyz n the Hood- how the **** did he get to this b.s. that fast?
Boyz in tha hood is overrated.Menace II Society > Boyz in tha Hood
I agree 110%. I saw Menace to Society, midnight show at a mall in phoenix where all the brothers hung out. So it was me, by myself surrounded by black guys. I wasn't even phased, until the scene where he is trying to figure out if he should steal the rims off some busters car at a drive-thru, and he is mulling the choices in his mind and some dude next to me bellows, "Take the mother****ing daytons!!" I about jumped out of my skin.

I watched this for the first time in years the night before the shootings at that college = the coincidence freaked me outI didn't think it was that bad Cole Houser is good - the white people who aren't Nazi's are ok - ice cube is interesting - its actually more of a gang film than boyz is

I watched this for the first time in years the night before the shootings at that college = the coincidence freaked me outI didn't think it was that bad Cole Houser is good - the white people who aren't Nazi's are ok - ice cube is interesting - its actually more of a gang film than boyz is
See, and I thought Ice Cubes character was the worst one. Of all of them that was the one guy who I have never met in real life.
See, and I thought Ice Cubes character was the worst one. Of all of them that was the one guy who I have never met in real life.
ive met a lot of guys like that not black but who are really intelligent read all the books but just dont care about their grades
LOL for some reason I had "Higher learning and "American History x" confused in my mind, when I read this post.. I thougth you were talking about AHX, and I was horrified lol. I think that movie is a touch overrated, but.. your post is pretty funny if someone's thinking you're talking about that movie.