Quick Rules Question...re-reraising After Player Is All In

what is the rule about re-reraising after a player is all in (whose all in raise is less than the initial raise):situation (tournament): 3 players limp into pot for $1,000, I raise to $4,000 from big blind w/ QQ. 1st limper folds, second limper calls my raise, third limper (button) re-reraises all in and had around $4,500...so it is an additional $1,500 to me. Would I be allowed to re-raise all in (to get the other player to possibly fold), or do I simply have to call the $1,500?

Have to call. Your raise is 3000, his raise is 1500. It had to be at least 3000 for it to open up betting again.

what is the rule about re-reraising after a player is all in (whose all in raise is less than the initial raise):situation (tournament): 3 players limp into pot for $1,000, I raise to $4,000 from big blind w/ QQ. 1st limper folds, second limper calls my raise, third limper (button) re-reraises all in and had around $4,500...so it is an additional $1,500 to me. Would I be allowed to re-raise all in (to get the other player to possibly fold), or do I simply have to call the $1,500?
House rules always apply however a good guide is Robert's rules of poker which state for No-LimitAll raises must be equal to or greater than the size of the previous bet or raise on that bettinground, except for an all-in wager. A player who has already acted and is not facing a fullsizewager may not subsequently raise an all-in bet that is less than the minimum bet (which isthe amount of the minimum bring-in), or less than the full size of the last bet or raise. (Thehalf-the-size rule for reopening the betting is for limit poker only.) Example: Player A bets$100 and Player B raises $100 more, making the total bet $200. If Player C goes all in for lessthan $300 total (not a full $100 raise), and Player A calls, then Player B has no option to raiseagain, because he wasn't fully raised. (Player A could have raised, because Player B raised.)If you were playing to these rules you can only call.

thanks...that is what i thought...just making sure.i ended up calling, and the other guy called. flop comes 10c7c2d i push all in, and he calls with AcJc and gets the flush on the river.

thanks...that is what i thought...just making sure.i ended up calling, and the other guy called. flop comes 10c7c2d i push all in, and he calls with AcJc and gets the flush on the river.
This is why (and I'm not saying I've never victimized myself here) we play VERY close attention to stack sizes and the possibilities of all-ins, and how that could impact betting when it gets back around to us, etc. We have to be very aware in order to play well.

yea...i was kicking myself after the hand that I didnt pay more attention to the button's stack size....this was a $100 buy-in with $100 rebuys (for first 2 hours) at a country club that my buddy is a member of. It was the first time I had played in it, and didnt know a soul at the table. I think there ended up being around 21 players, and some of these guys were just terrible, buying in a few times after busting again and again. So there was a pretty good prize pool (they normally pay top 3 or 4).and i was extrememly card dead for the first hour or so, and any time i picked up a hand and raised, i never got much action since my table image was so tight. i finally doubled up with KK...won a few pots here and there...and then this hand came up right after the rebuy period was over. The guy on the button who had AK was really tight, and I was surprised he didnt raise to begin with..i figured my raise would have gotten him to fold...but oh well.