people like this dude make me hate playing poker

GRRRRRRRRRR i gotta vent. I'm playing in a $5 multi tourney 65 entrants pay top 11, down to about 25. I'm sitting in decent position with about 2500 in chips, blinds are 20/40. I raise from late position with 66 to 200 one caller, blinds fold..pot is 460. Flop comes 3 7 9..now I put him on high cards so I bet half the pot about 220..quick calls. turn is a 3 I go all in, quick call and turns over 3 2!!!!!!! 3 2..I'm sick to my stomach..what the hell is that, someone please explain.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't go all in there.
There wasn't a hand I put him on preflop that contained a 7 or 9 that he would have just called my bet on the flop..considering this..how many folks play a considerably raised pot with 32..all in everytime in that situation
Don't go all in there.
There wasn't a hand I put him on preflop that contained a 7 or 9 that he would have just called my bet on the flop..considering this..how many folks play a considerably raised pot with 32..all in everytime in that situation
still dont go all in, the point of tourney's is to pick your spots, he couldve had a set or he couldve been dumb and played A3 , u dont know, you dont have a good hand,, do this later in the tourney.
GRRRRRRRRRR i gotta vent. I'm playing in a $5 multi tourney 65 entrants pay top 11, down to about 25. I'm sitting in decent position with about 2500 in chips, blinds are 20/40. I raise from late position with 66 to 200 one caller, blinds fold..pot is 460. Flop comes 3 7 9..now I put him on high cards so I bet half the pot about 220..quick calls. turn is a 3 I go all in, quick call and turns over 3 2!!!!!!! 3 2..I'm sick to my stomach..what the hell is that, someone please explain.
In a tournament, you COULD go all in in that spot, sure. And yeah, your read......Probably correct alot of the time. But you also never know; he could have many different hands in that spot. You can pick a better spot to put your money in. You COULD push all in there and give yourself props on your fabulous read......If he has overcards, on the flop (to your underpair) your now only a bit better off than a coin-flip. Or you could wait for a better spot to put your money in. When you have a much more discernable edge......To each their own though.
suppose you have a point there..wish my bankroll was better, perhaps I'd fair better against opponents that actually know how to pick decent starting hands..
Don't go all in there.
you didnt put him on a higher pocket pair? i don't like allin there because more than likely you will only get called by a hand that beats you. but yes that guy is a retard for playing that garbage and i hate when retards like that outdraw but that's poker i guess.
Don't go all in there.
if u didnt put him on a 7 or 9 when he called on the flop then he obviously had overs, a PP or the 3. when u went all in he would fold if he had over cards and he would call u with a higher pp or the 3 . so by going all in u had nothing to gain and everything to lose
suppose you have a point there..wish my bankroll was better, perhaps I'd fair better against opponents that actually know how to pick decent starting hands..
Actually you probably wouldn't fair better against better players, common misconception, often heightened by a (or many) WTF kinda play like that. Ride it out, play solid poker and continue to build your bankroll off of these muppets.Oh yeah, as mentioned by a few other posters, not a good spot to put all your chips on the line.

i just skipted all other post. first you bet half the pot. first mistake.. if you wanna protect that hand bet the damn pot and take it down there, you gave him some odds when you bet half, and with 3,2 he was looking to suck you out.... why the heck you went all in after that, with 6,6? i mean really you put him on the wrong hand, and he should he didnt have over cards when he called you on the flop... should have played it more cautiously.... bad play all together, stick to $5 tournies for awhile mate (sry if sounds mean)

I don't know what kind of player he wzs, apparently not to bright calling a raise with 32, but that is besides the point. What kind of hands did u put him on when he called your pre-flop raise? That is before u saw the flop? What position was this limper in? Could it not have been possible that he limped with 77 or 99? Not raising hands in early position, but a hand you might want to see a flop with and maybe call a raise with, especially if u think someone may be trying to steal the pot from late postion. Its also possible that if he's a loose player, he would limp and call a raise with A9s or maybe even K9s or just replace the 9 with 7 in the afore mentioned hands and you are still beat.I don't understand why you only bet 1/2 the pot on the flop. Are you tying to let him into the hand if he has overs? If I'd been in that hand with you, I may have come over the top of you right there. Then what are you going to do? That spot calls for a pot bet and hope to take it down there. You risked your tournie life to win 800 when there was no need to. You still had 50xBB to play with, so the allin was uncalled for because you know he will call you if he has you beat.

The dude could have had anything in his hand. He pretty much could beat you with anything. He might have had K-3 and beat you. Why would you go all in with a measly 6-6? If you're going to go all in with a pair, it better be AA or KK and not after the board is paired like that. you're beat by anyone hold a 3, 7, 9 and even if he's stupid enough to call with A-K or A-Q, you still have a pretty good shot of losing the pot. All he would need is an overcard to pair. If you get a pair of sixes beaten...then you're making a horrible play to lose your whole stack with it. It's a dumb play to go all-in anytime with just a pair unless it's AA or KK.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH. yea, the problem surely is that you are playing against such horrible opponents. i bet you'd kill a table of world class players.

You go all in, do you blame him for calling? The only hands that have you beat are 77-AA, and any hand containing a 7, 9, or 3. The only hands better than Ace high that you beat are 22, 44, 55.Going all in here was a terrible move, you had nothing to win and everything to lose.

Dutch Boyd likes to state that in tournament play, you want to minimise the amount of times you are "all-in".. and i'll agree..

I agree with the general consensus that a little bit of caution would have gone a long way here. However, I think it needs to be pointed out that whether a better hand would fold or a worse hand would call isn't the entire issue. The hand isn't at the river, where those would be (basically) the only considerations for making a bet. On the turn, protection of what you perceive to be the best hand is an option, albeit a risky one given the tenuous holding.

yeh ... at higher stakes people never play marginal hands. (sarcasm) you need to put in more hours and read less sklansky. you've got a long way to go dude, and if you're gonna go crazy everytime that happens ... maybe you shouldn' be playing (or you should tell me what site you play on)

I don't know what kind of player he wzs, apparently not to bright calling a raise with 32, but that is besides the point.
Why do alot of people think that calling a raise with "garbage hands" is always stupid or not to bright? Personally, I think there's nothing really wrong with that. Why do people think that you should ONLY call with top starting hands? Heck, I've read daniel's Journals and other players' journals and they talk about some of the hands they've gone in with. My thing is that if everyone would always go in with prime hands then the game would be so much easier. But that's just my opinion.
I don't know what he was thinking, I know DN or any pro would never play cards like 32 offsuit.