Sbrugby Loses 500k To Farha

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Townsend should have asked for the same deal Farha gave Brandon Adams when they played headsup. If you guys havent heard the story but Adams took a bunch off Farha playing headsup PLO where Adams had the button every hand. Im not sure if this was posted here.

Townsend should have asked for the same deal Farha gave Brandon Adams when they played headsup. If you guys havent heard the story but Adams took a bunch off Farha playing headsup PLO where Adams had the button every hand. Im not sure if this was posted here.
Instead of that Townsend is getting to play NLH, in which he obv has a big edge......

Nobody wants to lose 500K, but I don't think it is that bad in Brian's case. If it was such a bad day he wouldn't be playing him the next day..... unless he was completely sick! lol

Link please
They're playin a sick live game 1/2 NLH 1/2 PLO, rugby comin back for more, if he doesnt end up booking a profit tonight he might give up this years earnings in 2 nights....http://www.cardrunners.com/fusetalk/blog/i....cfm?forumid=311k/2k PLO NLH sick!!
Brian is up over a mil this month online. He has pretty good bankroll management too, so I wouldn't be worried about him just yet.

1k/2k grudge match yo!I wonder if Sammy is playing Brian so high as to decrease his edge in NLHE. 500k doesn't seem to be that much considering the stakes and that there were several 500k pots being played according to Brian. Here's his blog post about it: Change of plansI am staying in Vegas longer than I expected. Sammy Farha and I are playing HU 500/1000 (probably gonna get bumped up to 1K/2K tonight) 1/2 plo and 1/2 nlh. We played a marathon session which ended with me down 500K. We were both playing very aggressively and at one point Sammy was down 800K but was able to come back. We probably played 4 or 5 pots that were over 1/2 million dollars. The match really swung back and forth and I am looking forward to continuing it later tonight. This is probably the largest game I have ever played in as we both had 1/2 mil in front of us and we were playing insanely agressively. To have 4-5 1/2 mil+ size pots as well as about 15 200-500K pots shows how wildly we were playing.I also busted from the $5k PLO with rebuys tourney last night. I was shocked at the horrible play though. My bust out hand (Well I still had some chips after but not many) I got it all in with J9 on a 78T board with two diamonds and one heart against two palyers. One had top set and the other had three hearts in his hand and thought he had a flush draw. I mean to be playing a 5K event without an idea of the rules boggles my mind. Though I can't complain about having competition like that.I'm off to get a massage and grab some sleep before round two with Sammy. We are playing in Bobby's room at the Bellagio and the game is drawing a crowd as its bigger than "the big game" that runs there.Edited: 06/05/2007 at 11:45 PM by Brian

I wouldn't be suprised to see Brian get a big win at 1k/2k stakes tonight, Sammy plays a real loose aggresive game and that is a recipe for wild swings, especially in PLO. Would love to be there in Bobby's room to see the action!

How does rugby end this match?Either he'll be down a certain amount and quit, or he'll be up a certain amount and farha will want to keep playing and for higher.

Farha has a big edge in PLO IMO, and I dont know if that edge is neutralized by NLH. If Townsend can run well in PLO he will probably crush sammy, but I dont think Brian has a huge edge in this match by anymeans especially live

Farha has a big edge in PLO IMO, and I dont know if that edge is neutralized by NLH. If Townsend can run well in PLO he will probably crush sammy, but I dont think Brian has a huge edge in this match by anymeans especially live
I think your over-estimating sammys edge in PLO. Brian regularly plays 200-400/300-600 PLO and has likely played WAY more hands of PLO than sammy ever has. I dont think these matches will determine who is better, but i would still give the edge to brian. If sammy is SOOO good at PLO then why do people like it when hes in town? Why do they play the "sammy game"? They arent doing it to be nice
If sammy is SOOO good at PLO then why do people like it when hes in town? Why do they play the "sammy game"? They arent doing it to be nice
I figure they do this knowing they're giving up some edge by allowing more Omaha games, but regaining it and more in the other games.
I think your over-estimating sammys edge in PLO. Brian regularly plays 200-400/300-600 PLO and has likely played WAY more hands of PLO than sammy ever has. I dont think these matches will determine who is better, but i would still give the edge to brian. If sammy is SOOO good at PLO then why do people like it when hes in town? Why do they play the "sammy game"? They arent doing it to be nice
theres no chance Brian has played more hands in PLO then Sammy. Sammy has been playing in the biggest PLO games for many years, Brian maybe 2 years at high stakes? He is catching up fast because of online speed vs live but still there's no chance.
theres no chance Brian has played more hands in PLO then Sammy. Sammy has been playing in the biggest PLO games for many years, Brian maybe 2 years at high stakes? He is catching up fast because of online speed vs live but still there's no chance.
I think Brian has easily played more hands than Sammy in both categories. Brian just got done playing over 50k hands in PLO before he jumped back to the 200/400 game. How long would that take for a live person to do? Someone can do the math.