• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok 3 things.1. Im sorry to see Sea Food Guy go :club: WOW BGC did a great job3. I laughed pretty hard when Hung was talking about cooking with his soul. Out of everyone he has put less heart in his food. It has been all about technique not heart.

Frankly I felt that kicking any of those four out made the finale less interesting. I mean you decide, "hey there's so much talent lets keep three of them for the last show." Well I think a head to head has more drama to it. You can pick a side. With three people there's mixed emotions. Well I want X to win but if Y wins I won't be as disappointed if Z wins. Either go with two or keep all four. Just skip this show altogether and let all four of them put out their best effort. (I really just wanted to see what Mr. Hat would do with his meal. Oh well. Good job Brian).Whatever though. I'll still enjoy it. And, does anyone else laugh everytime they say Top Chef: Miami. I mean I realize it was set in Miami and they had Miami chefs come on the show. But, was this show at all more about Miami than Season One was about SF or Season Two was about LA? It just seems like they thought, "adding Miami to the title gives the show more spice."I thought BGC had the best story by far. Not cooking for a year and a half and then coming on the show. I think it gave him a unique perspective that no one else had. More able to reflect on what he was doing. Remember the first elimination where Anthony Bourdain said that BGC explained his faults more eloquently than they could. I guess I'm rooting for himHung's still going to win.

I believe the judges made the right choice to send Brian home. Wow, that would of been a tough choice to send 2 people home last night. Based on last nights dishes though I think they would have sent Casey home. So good thing they decided to take 3 to the final.

I agree head to head would be better drama. They could have set up BGC versus Hung and made it a battle of heart vs. technique. Anyways getting rid of seafood guy was the obvious choice, and I was happy to see that everyone made a solid dish.

And, does anyone else laugh everytime they say Top Chef: Miami. I mean I realize it was set in Miami and they had Miami chefs come on the show. But, was this show at all more about Miami than Season One was about SF or Season Two was about LA? It just seems like they thought, "adding Miami to the title gives the show more spice."
It's a proven technique :club:18851__csim_l.jpg
I believe the judges made the right choice to send Brian home. Wow, that would of been a tough choice to send 2 people home last night. Based on last nights dishes though I think they would have sent Casey home. So good thing they decided to take 3 to the final.
yeah Brian was the right choice to send home last night. But I think it would have been very close if they had to sent another person home last night. Caseys and Hungs dishes (atleast to me) we equally good/bad. And I still laugh thinking about Hung saying he cooks with his heart and soul, or what ever he said.
yeah Brian was the right choice to send home last night. But I think it would have been very close if they had to sent another person home last night. Caseys and Hungs dishes (atleast to me) we equally good/bad. And I still laugh thinking about Hung saying he cooks with his heart and soul, or what ever he said.
After watching that episode I think Hung is screwed. He says in his interview about what they brought that he brought no asian ingredients at all that he'll cook "my food" Then he tells the judges about how his Mom taught him everything and his Dad and whole family is all about cooking and they mean everything to him and yadda yadda yadda. So Colichio responds that they haven't seen 'that' Hung and he needs to show them his roots and his soul in the final.How is it going to go over when he shows up with some classic french preparation of 'Hung style' food and zero Vietnamese influence?
After watching that episode I think Hung is screwed. He says in his interview about what they brought that he brought no asian ingredients at all that he'll cook "my food" Then he tells the judges about how his Mom taught him everything and his Dad and whole family is all about cooking and they mean everything to him and yadda yadda yadda. So Colichio responds that they haven't seen 'that' Hung and he needs to show them his roots and his soul in the final.How is it going to go over when he shows up with some classic french preparation of 'Hung style' food and zero Vietnamese influence?
It's a good point, but the guy certainly could have his own unique style which isn't Vietnamese. I think the challenges have been very specific, and I don't think he really has gotten the chance to do his thing, whatever that may be.
It's a good point, but the guy certainly could have his own unique style which isn't Vietnamese. I think the challenges have been very specific, and I don't think he really has gotten the chance to do his thing, whatever that may be.
I think we have seen "his thing," that being technique. Throughout the last three seasons most of the contestants have been able to put their style/flavor into their food throughout the challenges. To me its a big cop out to say "you have seen ME yet."
kjsbfklhsdbfdsgbjfhsauBGC should have won. But maybe thats because im not a fan of Hung.d,bfkhgfihsdbguhsvn mh
I agree 100% after the 1st two courses I thought BGC had it in the bag. If he hits that lobster dish right I think he wins this thing for sure.Oh yeah...Hung hater too here :club:

I'm glad Hung won. He was the best.I thought the sous chef pairings were funny. You had the bitches, the feminines and then relatively hot chick #1 with Michelle Bernstein.You basically could tell the decision from canadian female judge's face. She was obviously pulling for BGC and when Tom said 'I think we made the right decision' her face said 'if by right decision you mean your decision then yes it was the right decision' (yes I realize they can cut it to show whatever they want)

Hung deserved the win.Remember, 1 of the 2 courses BGC won was all CJ's work. He did the dish completely, then BGC said it was 50/50. Hung won 2 out of 3 courses (extra course not counted).

I totally agree that Hung deserved it all the way. I mean, people started to fault him because he has perfect technique? Are you kidding? Artists say you have to forget what you learned before you can achieve greatness. How are Casey and Dale do that? They haven't learned enough. Hung had such a big advantage cause his knowledge is so far ahead. Soul? Come on, that's just hitting your gutshot on the river, to put it in the realm. You want to back Ferguson or Gold? Gold has a lot of soul, no doubt, but I bet on Chris' technique :club:

Hung fan boy here. He's the man, he owns, BGC and hot chick had no chance. Viva la Hung.The competition was to find out who was the best chef, not who had the most soul. If it was a soul food competition, fine, but it wasnt. Saying that Hung didnt have soul was just a way for the judges to make it interesting since they all knew Hung was the best. Maybe Padma and Gail didn't see it as much, but a "Chef's chef" like Tom knew since day 1 that Hung was the best, you could tell it in his demeanor. Also I don't like the concept that if something is modern, then it doesn't have soul. If noone pushed forward for the sake of having soul, where would we be.As for the episode, great idea for bringing in professional chefs to be sous chefs. Rocco and Hung was genius, I liked when Rocco joked around like, "maybe we should open a restaurant so Bourdain will never know who's the better chef". I could read Hung's mind, he's saying, "Really!?!?" They said one dish was Michelin 3 star, and Brian commented that he couldnt find a single flaw in the dish. BGC rocked the casbah, yeah I'm going to bring up a 1980's music reference, big whoop. Wanna fight about it. That one dish looked terrible though. Curry? CURRY? We don't need no stinkin' curry. Also, as predicted by me, the next time Ted Allen was at the judges table BGC would be gone. I rock the casbah too.Hot Chick, was just a complete, "what was she thinking?" She was very lucky the last few challenges since even at her own admission, she didn't know how they would turn out. Also, who doesn't taste their food before it comes out, cardinal sin. I'm not too worried about her though, since I'm guaranteeing that she wins the $10,000 check for viewer's choice on next week's reunion show. Put it in the books, this is a stone cold lock.Anyway, it was cool to see Marcel at the finale in Hung's corner. If they open a restaurant together, there is going to be some ridiculously good and modern food. I'd hope to eat there someday.

The "Live" portion of the show was a gimmick that added nothing. Especially during the episode where they'd cut to the studio audience on the way to a commercial. Stoopid. Someone should have shown Padma how to hold a microphone - she is pretty bad when lacking the "editor".

She was very lucky the last few challenges since even at her own admission, she didn't know how they would turn out.
I disagree
I'm not too worried about her though, since I'm guaranteeing that she wins the $10,000 check for viewer's choice on next week's reunion show. Put it in the books, this is a stone cold lock.
I agree
Anyway, it was cool to see Marcel at the finale in Hung's corner. If they open a restaurant together, there is going to be some ridiculously good and modern food. I'd hope to eat there someday.
perfect technique w/ foam, sounds delicious
The "Live" portion of the show was a gimmick that added nothing. Especially during the episode where they'd cut to the studio audience on the way to a commercial. Stoopid. Someone should have shown Padma how to hold a microphone - she is pretty bad when lacking the "editor".
I think the only reason they did that was to avoid leaking who won, like last season. Some people knew 2 weeks before the final episode that Ilan had won. (Still can't believe that douche won...) Cook-off with Hung? He would be destroyed.