But cheese can be a final course and I think it is kind of strange that we really haven't seen her use cheese as a forefront of any of her dishes. I am surprised that she did not show Dale how to make a soft cheese out of the yogurt since it was a team event but I know, it is a competition. I like her though... she has grown on me.
It can be a final course, but I honestly prefer something a little sweeter. I remember the Thanksgiving episode from last season where they got on Mike's case for the cheese platter at the end, if I'm recalling that correctly (which I may not be).Also a good point about Dale's dish, I didn't even think about it. If it was such a team thing like they were claiming, where was she when Dale struggled?
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best part about this whole season is hung makes for good TV. Besides that this has been a very disappointing season. It just seems like the judges have gotten more and more arrogant throughout the years of this show. Smurf land was frickin hilarious.

Good riddance to Howie. What an a-hole. After Sarah goes this week it will be tough getting from 5 to 3. I think Dale and Casey will be watching the other 3 battle for the title, but I could be wrong. It IS anybody's game right now. I knew Harold had it in season 1, and thought Sam was going to win until he was eliminated, then picked Elan or Ilan or however that dude spells his name. But this season, I have no idea. Although I know sarah isnt the top chef, the winner could be any of the others on any given day I think.For those of you who like the show, you must read Anthony Bourdain's blog on bravotv.com weekly after the show. It is freakin hilarious. That is all.

Good riddance to Howie. What an a-hole. After Sarah goes this week it will be tough getting from 5 to 3. I think Dale and Casey will be watching the other 3 battle for the title, but I could be wrong. It IS anybody's game right now. I knew Harold had it in season 1, and thought Sam was going to win until he was eliminated, then picked Elan or Ilan or however that dude spells his name. But this season, I have no idea. Although I know sarah isnt the top chef, the winner could be any of the others on any given day I think.For those of you who like the show, you must read Anthony Bourdain's blog on bravotv.com weekly after the show. It is freakin hilarious. That is all.
I actually just watched a few episodes of Top Chef season 2 that I hadn't really seen, and I think it's kind of BS that Sam didn't make the final 2. Honestly I was never a fan of Elan (the dude that won) - I thought he was cocky and fake and he cooked the same thing every week. Whatever, I just thought that the episode that Sam got the boot was bs.
I actually just watched a few episodes of Top Chef season 2 that I hadn't really seen, and I think it's kind of BS that Sam didn't make the final 2. Honestly I was never a fan of Elan (the dude that won) - I thought he was cocky and fake and he cooked the same thing every week. Whatever, I just thought that the episode that Sam got the boot was bs.
i totally agree with the bolded part.For this season, I think its Hungs to loose. j/s

I wasn't trying to say I liked Ilan. I just thought he was better than the other 2 in the finals. I think it was clear everyone on the show thought Sam was the best chef and deserved to win. I agree, Sam was robbed.

for all we know, Season 2 Cliff might've been the best chef out of that groupedit: Also, this was a few weeks back, but when they did the restaurant wars and the eliminated contestants came back, man what a pair relatively hot chick #2 and granola chick were.

Anthony Bourdain and Tom C. always seem to step up the insults on dishes when Anthony guest judges. Its pretty entertaining. Down to 5 and I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet. I didn't see this elimination coming though.

Mr. Hat is probably going deep, he takes risks, he led well IMHO in this past challenge even though the judges didnt think so. Final episode material though most definitely.
Stop making seafood, just stop Mr. hat. Ok, you cooked lobster again, congratufukinlations.
Hung is a pimp among pimps (yeah, I'm a Hung fan boy, big whoop, wanna fight about it?). One day he's going to piss the judges off too much and he'll get eliminated. If not, then he wins, because his sophistication level is so far above everyone else's.
Again demonstrated tremendous knowledge of how food cooks.
Tall guy, I honestly haven't been enormously impressed by him. He seems to be the safe bet though, because he makes so few BIG mistakes.
Well, good call by me here. I read Anthony Bourdain's blog and he said that the video of it didnt do justice of how bad it looked or tasted. Which is impressive because is looked pretty shitty. It was so bad even, that they put some in a plastic bag then were going to bust it out at the elimination, but it didn't hold up well and would've been too "prejudicial" (i.e. it would've given away the ending).Also, CJ had the best moment in Top Chef history last night. Padma walks into his room to wake him up for the quickfire and he wakes up and says "My dreams have come true". Laughed my a$s off. O, and why does he have a room all by himself, then the 3 gay/bi-guys in the other room?
Mohawk is going to have sex with Ted Allen during a commercial and he'll have to be eliminated for trying to sway the judging. Seriously though, I don't see him as a huge contender, maybe it's his non-threatening homosexuality, but it's unlikely that he wins.
No Ted Allen this week, so Mohawk survives. He made a good choice with the filet, and it worked.
Hot Chick is inconsistent. I've been impressed and I've been horrified, sometimes both. Definitely makes the final episode, though, but I'm not sure she could put a whole meal together that could beat Hung.
Seemed to put together one hell of a meal. I think she was kind of lucky though, as she said herself, "I dont know how it will cook [in those ovens]."
Cheese maker I thought was really weak, but in recent weeks has been impressive. I like how every other chef thinks that just because she makes cheese, that she can make a dessert. Cheese does not equal dessert, just because you once ate a cheese cake.
I couldnt really judge how she did. I guess she did bad, but whatever, next episode she's gone, I hope.

SPOILERS (for last week's show)I dunno how the chick with the overcooked salmon (is she the cheesemaker?) didn't get eliminated. So tall guy served some nasty-ass vegetables, whatever, his main dish was decent wasn't it? Bourdain or somebody said the chick's salmon was so dry and overcooked it was like catfood. This seems like a much bigger mistake than serving an overcooked sidedish. I also thought Brian might get eliminated with his horrible inedible lobster. Man that broccolini must have been really bad.

But cheese can be a final course and I think it is kind of strange that we really haven't seen her use cheese as a forefront of any of her dishes. I am surprised that she did not show Dale how to make a soft cheese out of the yogurt since it was a team event but I know, it is a competition.
You can't just "make cheese" :D It's a lengthy, sometimes years long process.I really hope Hung takes it, he has clearly the most expertise and the most refined technique. Did you see him murder those chickens a few episodes ago? DAMNED! :oThe preview for next week showed a challenge that Hung should easily win again... but maybe his youthful hubris will get in his way.Casey surprised me the last 2 weeks , smart choices and a lil' luck go a long way... like in a poker tourney :club: She got 2 badass prices, too. First, the Macbook Pro, probably around 3K and now 2 1st class tickets to ANYWHERE! Must be worth 10K or so if you fly to Australia or Asia.Can't wait for the NY episode. Maybe Wylie will be there or maybe they dine at Harold's place.
You can't just "make cheese" :club: It's a lengthy, sometimes years long process.
Yogurt cheese can be made over night and some of their challenges they prep one day and cook the next so it is possible. She could have shown this technique to Dale and at least thicken up that yogurt mess by drying it out first in the fridge, draining the yogurt through cheesecloth and adding some sort of flavor.Also, cheese chick could buy cheese at all of their shopping excursions and add cheese to her dishes.

sometimes contestants say something so spectacular that you just have to take notice. Mohawk is herby renamed and shall be known as Big Gay Chef (BGC for short)the way Cheesemaker carries herself I wasn't too surprised that she was the one to go. she just seems half unsure or worried a lot of the time. I think most of us would name her and BGC as the bottom two of those five. That being said I think any of these four could be the winner.I think BGC is an idiot for his reaction to Hung not revealing his 'secret' about how he recreated the dish. It's a fucking competition dumbass.it's really open season for these four because we've seen them all have a 'great' idea and fall hard. less so for Hung obv but anything can happen.I think we all agree that Hung is taking this down or at least would take this down 85% of the time. I'd say relatively hot chick#1 is going to make the final two as well just because she is on such a hot streak. she'll be confident and that's when it appears she performs at a top chef level.I think it's more of a shame having Season 3 Cliff miss out on the final four than for Season 2 Cliff. Oh what might have been.

sometimes contestants say something so spectacular that you just have to take notice. Mohawk is herby renamed and shall be known as Big Gay Chef (BGC for short)
i lol when he said that.
the way Cheesemaker carries herself I wasn't too surprised that she was the one to go. she just seems half unsure or worried a lot of the time. I think most of us would name her and BGC as the bottom two of those five.
QFT
That being said I think any of these four could be the winner. it's really open season for these four because we've seen them all have a 'great' idea and fall hard. less so for Hung obv but anything can happen.
BGC has zero to no chance to win.
I think we all agree that Hung is taking this down or at least would take this down 85% of the time. I'd say relatively hot chick#1 is going to make the final two as well just because she is on such a hot streak. she'll be confident and that's when it appears she performs at a top chef level.
relatively hot chick hasn't just been on a hot streak, she has been dominating everyone for the last 3 or 4 challenges. I will almost garantee that she is in the top 2 and that she has almost as good of a chance to win this thing as Hung.

Hung is super talented and probably the favorite to take it down. It looks like the judges are getting tired of him not taking criticism, and that could hurt him if he screws something up. I still think he takes it down, but wouldn't be surprised if either Brian or hot chick win. Gay dude has no shot IMO.It still amazes me after how many reality shows there have been that people still don't certain aspects of competition. Did they gay dude actually think Hung was gonna tell him how he prepared the dish?

I think it's more of a shame having Season 3 Cliff miss out on the final four than for Season 2 Cliff. Oh what might have been.
Tre/Cliff/black guy in season 1 shall henceforth be referred to as 'Token.'

I'm not happy with the final four.In Harold's season, I thought there were several candidates going into the final that I could have accepted as Top Chef... Season two was not as strong; I would have been happy with Sam, but he was no Harold. Ilan is a joke. Now in Season 3, do any of these finalists really stand out as Top Chef? I mean Hung I guess but somehow I don't feel right about him winning... BGC should have been let go in a double-elimination this week, hot chick is fine but she's no top chef....I think they used up all the good chefs in season one.