Who Wants A Piece Of The Bracelet Bet

I think I Might want an easy $100 as well....Daniel is still good....but....Provided, he is not going to say Hellmuth, I will put up one of my Bracelets up against yours, play heads up andwinner takes both.........

As much as this is an interesting betI would never bet against Daniel. He's too good. And he's due5-1 is a sucker betAnd if I did win, I would feel like crap saying pay me..you didn't win.And if he did win, What's my measly $100K going to mean to him?

I'm betting that Daniel will win a bracelet, if I get 5-1. So I bet $50. If he wins a bracelet, I get $250. If he doesnt win a bracelet I forefit $50.

As much as this is an interesting betI would never bet against Daniel. He's too good. And he's due5-1 is a sucker betAnd if I did win, I would feel like crap saying pay me..you didn't win.And if he did win, What's my measly $100K going to mean to him?
FINALLY!Someone who understands gambling.
im willing to put up 750 to win 150. how will this work though?
If Daniel wins a bracelet, you will need to change your account and stay away for at least 6 months to avoid paying him $750If Daniel doesn't win a bracelet, you will need to post at least 4 new threads a day about your $150 he owes you, then when he pays you, somehow figure a way to make it your signature and PM Daniel often since you are buddies.Oh wait, that would be how I do it.He'll probably want you to send him the $750, and if he doesn't win one, he will ship you $150 to your FCP account. Good luckI also will take as much of this action as I can get.

I'm willing to bet on Daniel winning a bracelet.I'll bet 100 that he wins one if someone gives me 5:1.

Hate to kill anyone's action here, but those laying the 5-1, have you really thought about the price you are laying? Let me ask you this question: What is the price that I will win one bracelet in the next 6 years, playing a full slate of tournaments each year? Am I a favorite to do that, or an underdog? I'm quite certain I'm a favorite to do that, so taking 5-1 is an excellent bet for me. If I made this bet every year for 6 years, I'd only have to win one bracelet to break even. The other key factor many are missing is that I'll be playing in events with smaller fields, in games where my edge is even larger than in NL hold'em. Only about 200 players in the $50,000 H.O.R.S.E., and I think I have an excellent chance to win that tournament. In fact, supposing a 200 player field, I would guesstimate that I would finish in first place anywhere from 2% to 3% of the time. That works out to about 50-1 or 33-1. I'm going to play about 30 events total and the odds in each tournament should ranger from as little as 20-1 all the way to the other extreme of 1000-1 for the main event. Loads of tournaments in the 35/50-1 range. 30 attempts, alll I'd have to do is win one, AND I'm being laid 5-1 odds. Can you say, yum-yum? Ivey was also able to get 5-1, Greenstien got 3.5-1, and I believe Doyle got a decent price also.

Anyone willing to give me 100 million to one on Scott Stapp for a dollar? If so I'll rouse him from his drunken heap and pray he regains his messianic abilities.

Hate to kill anyone's action here, but those laying the 5-1, have you really thought about the price you are laying? Let me ask you this question: What is the price that I will win one bracelet in the next 6 years, playing a full slate of tournaments each year? Am I a favorite to do that, or an underdog? I'm quite certain I'm a favorite to do that, so taking 5-1 is an excellent bet for me. If I made this bet every year for 6 years, I'd only have to win one bracelet to break even. The other key factor many are missing is that I'll be playing in events with smaller fields, in games where my edge is even larger than in NL hold'em. Only about 200 players in the $50,000 H.O.R.S.E., and I think I have an excellent chance to win that tournament. In fact, supposing a 200 player field, I would guesstimate that I would finish in first place anywhere from 2% to 3% of the time. That works out to about 50-1 or 33-1. I'm going to play about 30 events total and the odds in each tournament should ranger from as little as 20-1 all the way to the other extreme of 1000-1 for the main event. Loads of tournaments in the 35/50-1 range. 30 attempts, alll I'd have to do is win one, AND I'm being laid 5-1 odds. Can you say, yum-yum? Ivey was also able to get 5-1, Greenstien got 3.5-1, and I believe Doyle got a decent price also.
Good points, I'm out. Bock-bock-bock!!! :icon_biggrin:Good luck!
That's all you did for me Daniel :(To put it a different way, it's like calling for pot odds when you know your behind. If your getting 3-1 on your money, and you feel your only a 2-1 dog, then you should call. Chances are, you will lose more times than you win, but the times you do win you will get a bigger pay off.

Only about 200 players in the $50,000 H.O.R.S.E., and I think I have an excellent chance to win that tournament. In fact, supposing a 200 player field, I would guesstimate that I would finish in first place anywhere from 2% to 3% of the time. That works out to about 50-1 or 33-1. I realize that DN is good at all forms of poker, but doesn't this statement assume that Daniel is 4-6 times better than the average player in that 50K HORSE field? That field is filled with very talented pros. Sure, you'll get a few great online NL players who want to take their shot and also guys like Gavin Smith who play mainly HE live, but still I'm not sure if anyone has that big an edge over that field. (I know Daniel has been listed as 40:1 on at least one site to win that event and Ivey is listed at 20:1, but again I'm not sure if even Ivey has that big an edge over that field).

Only about 200 players in the $50,000 H.O.R.S.E., and I think I have an excellent chance to win that tournament. In fact, supposing a 200 player field, I would guesstimate that I would finish in first place anywhere from 2% to 3% of the time. That works out to about 50-1 or 33-1. I realize that DN is good at all forms of poker, but doesn't this statement assume that Daniel is 4-6 times better than the average player in that 50K HORSE field? That field is filled with very talented pros. Sure, you'll get a few great online NL players who want to take their shot and also guys like Gavin Smith who play mainly HE live, but still I'm not sure if anyone has that big an edge over that field. (I know Daniel has been listed as 40:1 on at least one site to win that event and Ivey is listed at 20:1, but again I'm not sure if even Ivey has that big an edge over that field).
He's quite the good E player I hear.
I still want action. I'll put up 5 to your 1 sir.
Ok, $50 on DN winning a bracelet in the 2007 WSOP, with you offering me 5-1. You ship after DN wins a bracelet and I ship after DN gets knocked out of the final bracelet event?
Yeah, no way DN wins HORSE event 2-3% of the time.

Event #31 June 19 Tuesday 12 Noon World Championship Heads Up No-Limit Hold'em 3 day event $ 5,000.00 This is the event he wins. I can see the future.

Speaking of bracelets...How sweet do they look this year?http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/article/8987I think its cool that the HORSE is different, but I don't like how the ladies event winner is different. Even though it is its own event, it seems to me to segregate that tournament more and show that it is not as important as the others (even if the bracelet is as good).