Gold Going Back To Back

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless Jamie Gold does essentially the opposite of what he did on the televised episodes of the WSOP ME last year, any relatively capable pro who did their homework for the Main Event should be able to weed out the B.S. that is Jamie Gold's poker play.Then again, maybe he'll FT back to back... It'd definitely change his persona in the poker world.

Unless Jamie Gold does essentially the opposite of what he did on the televised episodes of the WSOP ME last year, any relatively capable pro who did their homework for the Main Event should be able to weed out the B.S. that is Jamie Gold's poker play.Then again, maybe he'll FT back to back... It'd definitely change his persona in the poker world.
I thought you said chop chop?
Poker is a game of skill people, so sick to see people drag luck into the picture. The all time leading money winner in poker tournaments is the best poker tournament player there is.
He's still a smug little weasel
Jamie Gold likes to replay his ME win every night at home. Caption: "Oh my God I won, I'm so excited I just can't believe it! Look at all this cash and all these people! This is the best day of my life!"jamie_gold.jpg
baahahah @ this.I personally HAATE jaime gold. Yes i'm jealous he won. But i just hate his whole demeanor. If someone was an ok player, got lucky and won, i would expect them to be grateful at that fact, and let it be known during their post win interviews and such. he acts like him and chan fine tuned him into a unbeatable machine of awesomness
Chan fine tuned him into an excuse to get camera time @ the 2006 WSOP. WTF is chanblahblah.net anyway...and why wasn't he wearing an ugly sweater?
FYP

He's no Robert Varkoni.ButIf he has an ounce of smarts, he will reverse his glaring tells this year and get alot of people to call off their chips to him.I predict deep into day 3 at least for Gold, if he reverses his tells. Everyone thinks they got him read now, so he can capitalize on this.Or he can just let people overthink themselves and rake in chips like last year.

whenever I hear someone talking about how much they love Phil Helmuth it makes me want to slit my wrists because all hope is lost for humanity
What about when people say that Phil Helmuth has done more for poker than 99.5% of the other poker players?Probably just break your fingers for that?
I knew Fluffydogg never reads the threads
LOLFluffy, are you saying you would take 5-1 that Jamie Gold will make the FT of this years Main Event? Meaning that you would outlay a sum of money on this outcome and expect a 5-1 return if Gold was successful? I only ask it this way because I'm a little confused and want to be sure this is what I'm hearing?Thanks.

It would be pretty cool if anybody would win the Main Event back to back nowadays no matter how much of a douchebag he is, or seems to be.

He's no Robert Varkoni.ButIf he has an ounce of smarts, he will reverse his glaring tells this year and get alot of people to call off their chips to him.I predict deep into day 3 at least for Gold, if he reverses his tells. Everyone thinks they got him read now, so he can capitalize on this.Or he can just let people overthink themselves and rake in chips like last year.
what tells are you you talking about? I'd like to know.
what tells are you you talking about? I'd like to know.
Been a while since I watched his 06 ME but he was doing the same talk with the same cards. He told the other player; "I got it" when he had it, and when they asked if he was bluffing he said: "you caught me" when he was bluffing. Remember when gigabet was trying to decide if he should call Gold's $500K bet on river, and he said "I saw you do this before exactly like this with just King high for a $500K bet" But he didn't trust his read and folded and gold showed the king high bluff.Surprised you haven't heard 8,000 people talk about how obvious he became.but the good news is Gold can watch the reruns and really plan a strategy that will get alot of these same players to make mistakes.
I am trying, (as best as I can), to educate myself in the Jamie Gold saga, and I wonder, is it true that Gold was mentored by one of the legends of the game, before fullfilling his destiny? robert-varkonyi.jpg
Absolutely true. Everyone thinks Chan mentored Gold. It was really Varkonyi.I predict Gold doubles up on the first hand and never loses the chip lead. Brazillion to 1?
lol, i made a statement in the wsop main event final table thread that if gold won i would make my avatar all black until he busts from next year's main event.now, i'm honestly not expecting him to live that long.
BLASPHEMY!!!!
No one can be a bad player and win the ME its impossible, + he has chan teaching him, so he would be decent.
Not sure how you can say this.. if you put 8000 Mikey the chimps into any tourney..chess, coin flipping... roshambo.. someone HAS to win... I hate when people say that they HAVE to be good to weed through so many people... someone HAS to win.. its not like there could be a tie and the best player ALWAYS emerges victorious.. Someone is forced to win.