Globe And Mail Poker Hands

World Poker Tour Season III: Invitational at the CommerceJohan Storakers925,000 in chips10c 8cTom Everett Scott612,100 in chips6d 6cPreflop:"With the blinds at $8,000 and $16,000 with a $2,000 ante, Johan raised to $35,000 from the small blind. Scott reraised to $100,000 from the big blind. Johan called."Flop: 7s 7h Ks"Johan checked. Scott went all-in for $510,000. Johan folded."Analysis:"Scott won the hand with his aggressive play. With only $200,000 in the pot he could have made the bet smaller than he did and found out the same information. If he made it $300,000 Johan would have only re-raised with a better hand and Scott could fold if he was beat."Really?

Anyone else think it would be hilarious if they tried to seriously examine a hand from Celebrity Poker Showdown?
Particularly any hand involving Dennis Rodman.
so am i reading correctly that the author is suggesting Tom bet $300K of his remaining $510K, then fold to a reraise?
Correct. It's a high-level play that centres on not calling 200k into a 1m pot.
Why the hell wouldn't Scott push PF with his sixes?
Ummm... no need.Look at the stacks versus the blinds: unlike most WPT final tables, they are deep-stacked here: Storakers has an M of 33 and Scott has an M of 21. There is no need to overplay a middle pair here. I think his pre-flop reraise is fine here.
so am i reading correctly that the author is suggesting Tom bet $300K of his remaining $510K, then fold to a reraise?
who knew that loogie also wrote poker columns?

and is everyone ok with 300k into a 200k pot as a continuation bet, regardless of how much he had back? wouldn't say 125-175k do the trick? the only reason to bet 300k is to commit yourself, given his stack size.