A friend of mine who is always trying to create a new poker game came up with a variation on stud that our home game loves. This friend has failed miserably on a number of occassions until this one. We call it Dirty Wank, affectionately named after him.Play normal Stud with a 1$ or 2$ Ante. Bring is as normal with the lowest up card on the table, however that person brings in for the value of their card (Face cards are $1 and Aces are $11 - I know you will never bring in with an Ace, but those betting values remain throughout all streets). So if you are low with a $5 showing, you force bring in for $5. That establishes the betting for the third street round. On fourth street, the highest hand showing bets as normal in stud if they chose. They bet out for the value of their last up card. If they have a King high showing, they can only bet $1. If the high hand decides to check, then the person on their left gets the chance to bet, for the value of their highest card showing. This continues through all streets. On 7th street you have the option of having the card face up or down (possibly in an effort to get a better up card allowing you to bet a higher value....).The betting becomes very strategic now often.... You may often check a street when you are strong and have a face showing in hopes of someone with a higher value up card bets. You may sometimes bet out if you have the high hand showing, are drawing and know someone else with a higher value up card has you beat so you can draw at your hand cheaply. An example of the latter would be something like you having (9-10)JJQ and your opponent having (xx)A99. If they raised 3rd or 4th street and you put them on an ace in the hole, you do not want them betting $9 into you so you bet the $1 value of your Jack to draw cheaply. Costs you probably $2 to draw instead of $9.You can play this hi-lo /8 as well. If you want higher or lower stakes, play it with a multiplier of the card values. Or play double values on higher streets or when a pair is showing.So, anyone have ideas to make this game better? Anyone see any holes in the game? Got a suggestion for a real name?

you might want to change the title of this thread... it's a little misleading. i dont want ronmexico to see it and be dissappointed.ps: i'm still wondering why everyone makes all the sex jokes towards him. was there a certain thread, or because his name is "ron"

So if you are low with a $5 showing, you force bring in for $5. That establishes the betting for the third street round. On fourth street, the highest hand showing bets as normal in stud if they chose. They bet out for the value of their last up card. If they have a King high showing, they can only bet $1. If the high hand decides to check, then the person on their left gets the chance to bet, for the value of their highest card showing. This continues through all streets. On 7th street you have the option of having the card face up or down (possibly in an effort to get a better up card allowing you to bet a higher value....).
I really like this idea, seems fun. The betting is a little tricky so I'm going to present some scenarios and you tell me how much each player can bet (and how much they could have bet on each street if that was the order they received cards)(xx) AQ8(xx) 34(xx) 5K5(xx) 999(xx) 2(xx) 6789
you might want to change the title of this thread... it's a little misleading. i dont want ronmexico to see it and be dissappointed.ps: i'm still wondering why everyone makes all the sex jokes towards him. was there a certain thread, or because his name is "ron"
It's because him and certain male members (no pun intended) of the forum have been linked e-sexually.
What so you mean Ron? I was disappointed as well! Hmph!
I really like this idea, seems fun. The betting is a little tricky so I'm going to present some scenarios and you tell me how much each player can bet (and how much they could have bet on each street if that was the order they received cards)(xx) AQ8(xx) 34(xx) 5K5(xx) 999(xx) 2(xx) 6789
Let follow this scenario 6 handed w/$2 ante. You are dealt (AA)5 and are lowest so you're forced to bring in $5. On your left is a (xx)K who raises to $10. Someone with (xx)J calls and it is to you. You now have to decide the likelihood of the next round of betting being more or less than $5 giving you a chance to get more money in the pot with the best hand. Let's say you raise again to $15 and all call. $57 in pot. Fourth street is:(AA)5Q(XX)K7(XX)JQThe K7 is high so they bet first. They can either check or bet $7 because a 7 is the up card. If they check the (XX)JQ has the option of betting $1 or checking. So do I. If the K7 bets, the betting limits for this round are $7 and I can raise $7 with my (AA). Assume (xx)JQ calls so the pot is $85. So 5th street now is:(AA)5Q9(XX)K72(XX)JQ6The K72 is still high and has the option to check or bet $2. If they check, (xx)JQ6 has the option to check or bet $6. If they check, I have the option to check or bet $9. (xx)K72 may want to protect their money in the pot if they have a (K) under due to my agressiveness and lead out for $2, since if checked to (xx)JQ6 or me the betting would be much higher.This continues each round until 7th street. On 7th you can take your card face up if you want in hopes of lowering or raising the betting increment for that round. If you know you have the best hand on 6th street with a 9 showing, you want 7th street face down.In this game you make your big moves (or big bluffs) when the betting is higher rather than slow playing items such as (AA)A. I had this the other night playing and picked up a 7 on 4th giving me the high hand out. I bet $7, was raised and I immediately re-raised not sure if the betting limits would be as high as $7 in later rounds. I wanted the money in as soon as possible.Hope this helps. It really is a good game so far from what we have played.