anyone getting tired of this?

If you want to see a real degenerate gamblers diary, read Moneymaker's new book. That will give you a better idea of Degenerate Gambler's Diary vs. the blogs of DN and friends.
Buy a book written by Moneymaker? Lol. No thanks. I'm better than him. I only own 1 poker book and it was written by three dudes with glasses. lol. Not a 28 year old guy who drinks Mountain Dew at the table.Edit: I've read everyone's post including DN's and I'm fine with the comments (except KDawg's typical comment in which he backs up someone just for the sake of "fighting" me. First he backs Smash, now...of course he backs the leader DN. No surprise there..anyway). I guess it's just me..I'm not a gambler. I play poker for money, but it's not for the gamble ( I do understand that I am gambling). I think you guys know what I mean. I would never gamble on stuff like free throws or bowling or anything else that I'm not very familiar with. Side question to Daniel...do you guys let people hang out with you that do not gamble like this? In other words...do you guys shun people who don't "play along"?? I would imagine its very hard to hang with you guys unless you gamble.

The only one with the real gambling problem is Josh Arieh. And that's sad cos he's got a family and whatnot. I'm sure he's got enough to cover any debts he loses but that's not always gonna be the case at this rate. People end up in huge funks. I said this before, he seems to go crazy if there isn't a gamble going on, like he needs his fix. I think Daniel and Erick just do it for fun. It's a lot of money to most of us, the amounts they gamble but it's not to them. I'm sure we all would do the same thing if we had the cash, instead of playing games for just the pride.

If you want to see a real degenerate gamblers diary' date=' read Moneymaker's new book. That will give you a better idea of Degenerate Gambler's Diary vs. the blogs of DN and friends.[/quote']Buy a book written by Moneymaker? Lol. No thanks. I'm better than him. I only own 1 poker book and it was written by three dudes with glasses. lol. Not a 28 year old guy who drinks Mountain Dew at the table.I bought it for the hubby, almost as a gag. It's not bad stuff for a laugh. My husband calls him a "luck a.ss p.rick". The anecdote about the 23 thousand dollar strip joint outing is my favorite.
Buy a book written by Moneymaker?  Lol.  No thanks.  I'm better than him.
Man, you crack me up.
lol. why? You think he's that good? I can't say I'm better than him because I never play with him/my bankroll isn't what his is, etc. But come on...who would read a Moneymaker strategy book? I mean I'd read a moneymaker-strategy book, but not a 'M'oneymaker strategy book.
Buy a book written by Moneymaker? Lol. No thanks. I'm better than him.
Man, you crack me up.
lol. why? You think he's that good? I can't say I'm better than him because I never play with him/my bankroll isn't what his is, etc. But come on...who would read a Moneymaker strategy book? I mean I'd read a moneymaker-strategy book, but not a 'M'oneymaker strategy book.
It's an autobiography, not a strategy book.
Buy a book written by Moneymaker? Lol. No thanks. I'm better than him.
Man, you crack me up.
Howard Lederer gave him respect in the '03 WSOP (in a trip report, he mentioned him) and that's more than enough for me to think he's a good player. I was under the impression that it was more of a story than a strategy book. I could be wrong.Flatly saying you're better than the 2003 WSOP champion is classic, though. I would include it amongst the many "Best of JFarrell20" quotes.

Well... I must admit that me and my friends are the exact same way. I don't really see a problem with it, When its not an amount of money that's going to hurt you.. I mean for the most part you're still gambling on a skilled game.Pool, HORSE, Golden Tee...Me and my friends won't play a game of pool without some wager... It's just a way to make it a bit more exciting and as long as we aren't playing for a normal poker buy-in or anything just 5 or 10 bucks for a game, although it'll end up being a game of 5 ussually, its just a way to have more fun.

Flatly saying you're better than the 2003 WSOP champion is classic, though.  I would include it amongst the many "Best of JFarrell20" quotes.
yeah winning 1 tournament means you're good. Just because they show it twice a week on ESPN doesn't mean he wins 104 tourneys a year.How good do you think Robert Varkonyi is? Seriously.
Flatly saying you're better than the 2003 WSOP champion is classic, though.  I would include it amongst the many "Best of JFarrell20" quotes.
yeah winning 1 tournament means you're good. Just because they show it twice a week on ESPN doesn't mean he wins 104 tourneys a year.How good do you think Robert Varkonyi is? Seriously.
and yet you are sitting here trying to judge a guy who has $2 million more then you, but of course you won a 2 table SnG so I guess I should show you the respect you deserve :roll:
Ok. I'll put it this way. Have you ever played in a $10,000 buyin tournament? Have you ever played with the very best in the world? You have no concept of how many traps this guy faced, how many bluffs he made, and how many flops he saw against players like Chan, Ivey, and Farha. You saw what ESPN chose to show you, and they painted a picture of a lucky amateur who was way out of his league, outdrawing left and right.I don't know if you've ever read Glazer's old archived articles on Cardplayer, but here's a hand I really would have liked to see.The atmosphere continued to intensify three hands later. Arieh opened for 225K and Raymer called. The flop came J:club: 10 :club: 6:club:, and Arieh fired again, this time for 425K. Raymer wasn't budging. The turn brought the 8 :D. Arieh checked, and Raymer bet a million dollars. (Doesn't that just sound fun, "I bet a million dollars"?) Arieh called, and the pot had gotten completely out of control, with almost three and a half million dollars in it.The river brought the 4:club:, and again Arieh started cautiously: The board, remember, now read J:club: 10 :D 6:club: 8:heart: 4:club:, so if anyone had been messing around with a flush draw, he had gotten there. All kinds of straights were possible, too, but if anyone had been playing a huge semibluffing hand, like the K :D Q:heart: on the turn, the river hadn't helped.Raymer hadn't pulled off such a big lead by backing off. He moved all in, and Arieh moved all out — of his chair, not the hand. Arieh jumped up and started walking in circles, pondering his decision. The cry, "Call it!" came from the audience, as if it were that simple. Unless Arieh is a world-class actor who was just trying to save face, he had some kind of real hand. Arieh spun around another time or two, and then sat down, hunched over … and folded.Not only was it a major turning point in the tournament, but it also was probably the most dramatic. Gee whiz, if Raymer had a flush draw that got there, that doesn't really fit the image ESPN was painting for him, does it?
and yet you are sitting here trying to judge a guy who has $2 million more then you, but of course you won a 2 table SnG so I guess I should show you the respect you deserve :roll:
I beleive that response is ZING!able
And how he can spend 23,ooo dollars on strippers and booze in one night.
would be one hell of a night at least
Good times. Good memories. That's worth $23K.
You can have a lapdance for free, from me, Renae. No need to break out the bucks.And, I'm still not tired of anything DN puts in the blog, gambling or not.
You can have a lapdance for free, from me, Renae. No need to break out the bucks.And, I'm still not tired of anything DN puts in the blog, gambling or not.
Now there's an offer that can ONLY bring trouble. :club:
Now there's an offer that can ONLY bring trouble. :club:
Trouble is my stage name. How did you know that? :wink:
  • 2 weeks later...

This is my first post here.... Anyway I always read DN's blog entries they are pretty entertaining and what more do you expect from the guy he's a professional card player... Do you want him to talk about how good his milk and cookies were? Anyway, I had to say something this thread was horrible! lol :roll:

Momemaker book is not about strategy, its about a guy with a gambling problem. After he split winnings with his backers, IRS, bills and ex-wife he wasn't left with that much. The top tournament players seem to be huge gamblers, and not calculated risk takers I think that is the point.