tipping in home games

As in, tip the host of the game?? I'm guessing that's what you mean. I host a home game tourney ($10 buy) every week. When I first starting having the games, I told people that a $1 or whatever in the pitcher would be helpful. I used it to buy cards, etc. I haven't mentioned it for a while, and I don't expect anything from anyone.Is that what you were looking for?

I've never tipped the host of a home game. I reciprocate by hosting the home game sometimes. That's how the home games work with my friends. We take turns hosting. The host buys the dinner, soda, beer, and snacks. It's a good time.

For a 10 man home game, no tip is needed. Unless of course he keeps buying drinks etc.. But if you BYOB, then no tip is necessary. It is nice if you buy a new box of cards everyone in a while for him.If you are at a say 20-40 person tournament, usually the hosts charges a little to cover food and drinks. The last time I did that, the 1st and 2nd place still gave me a tip, I didn't want to take it, but they insisted. They won $1000 and $600 and tipped $60 and $40. ($100 buy in)I never used to think about tipping the host if you won, until they tipped me, so now I will do it too. But not for a 10 man game, that's like a friends poker night.

We usually rotate houses so that removes most of the reason to tip. We also usually play a $60+$5 buy in NL tournament. The $5 isn't an entry fee so much as it gets used to by pizza and snacks. The host provides the food and keeps what is left over, forunately no one in our game is cheap enough to skimp on the food and walk away with his buy-in paid for. In fact I don't think anyone's ever kept more than like $5. Of course it's BYOB though or else it would be more like a $60+$60 tournament. lol

I play in one that's $40 plus $10The $40 is the tourneyThe ten is cards, chips, pizza, sodas, & snacksLast time, he mentioned it will be $45 and $5 since the chips are paid for now. I think its a better way of doing it.