How often does he play on HSP?I just saw tonight, that he was playing. Now he is a solid player, and obv has won a lot the past 2 years from tourneys, but I dont think he is a very strong hig stakes player, and I'd hate to see the guy lose a big hefty chunk of that 2nd place WSOP score.anyone know the ins and outs of televised HSP, and whether or not these guys get endorsed, or paid to be on etc etc?

I remember reading somewhere DN saying HSP players get a little something for playing. Not much though.

Wasicka said, he'd been playing high limit NLHE online years before his big WSOP cash already, and I think he played very well on HSP. I'd be surprised if he went broke anytime soon.

OP clearly saw the first episode or two that Paul played. He developed a super tight image that the pros completely bought later on when he started picking up dead money left and right. I was actually impressed with him more than many of the other players on HSP and he seems like the type of guy that will avoid going broke at all costs.

OP clearly saw the first episode or two that Paul played. He developed a super tight image that the pros completely bought later on when he started picking up dead money left and right. I was actually impressed with him more than many of the other players on HSP and he seems like the type of guy that will avoid going broke at all costs.
Yeah from what I can remember he really set up an image for himself well and exploited it the longer he played. Pretty sure I read somewhere he ended the season as a winner but don't quote me.
Wasicka said, he'd been playing high limit NLHE online years before his big WSOP cash already, and I think he played very well on HSP. I'd be surprised if he went broke anytime soon.
if you consider 5-10 NL high stakes than ok..... I've read many articles and interviews with Wasicka, Going to these limits is a huge jump for him
anyone can catch some miracles and look good. The shows i just watched showed paul playing pretty questionable at times. i mean comon, A,10 A,7 and A,9 all in the same hand, and flop is A,K,7. worst hands winning is impressive though.. so i guess you're right
if you consider 5-10 NL high stakes than ok..... I've read many articles and interviews with Wasicka, Going to these limits is a huge jump for him
Ehm, for me it would be high, yes. ;)I stand corrected then, but I still think he played well on HSP, although I don't remember any specific hands.
anyone can catch some miracles and look good. The shows i just watched showed paul playing pretty questionable at times. i mean comon, A,10 A,7 and A,9 all in the same hand, and flop is A,K,7. worst hands winning is impressive though.. so i guess you're right
If you actually watched his play, you'd see that he was moving very well, picked off a c-bet from Barry, etc... The A7 hand where he flopped 2 pair isn't necessarily a huge suckout or anything seeing as how they're about 300-500bb deep and there was a 4bb raise.

how can you be worried about this guy going broke? he has 6 mil for christ sakes and how often does he play that high? Most likely once a season when hsp comes around, and he final tabled LA and won the head up, i dont think his bankroll is hurting now or prably ever. jamie gold got paid less money from the main event than paul, and plays 1000 times worse on hsp, why arent we talking about him going broke?

why arent we talking about him going broke?
As far as fortune tellers go I would want my money back if that was the prediction they gave me.

I know last year Bill Chen sold pieces of himself for HSP, as I know a few who were offered pieces. Also, I believe Bill has a major backer when needed. I play in a regular home game with guys who work with Bill. They have a poker room at the office, and Bill plays with them there, and has been known to give pointers from time to time. He is a truly nice guy,

Sooooo many players are backed in HSP. Wasicka is backed for sure, Laak was backed heavily in the first season he played in it, hell, Helmuth is or was most likely backed too, considering he doesn't play high stakes cash games really at all before HSP started. He was really out of his element.

I know last year Bill Chen sold pieces of himself for HSP, as I know a few who were offered pieces. Also, I believe Bill has a major backer when needed. I play in a regular home game with guys who work with Bill. They have a poker room at the office, and Bill plays with them there, and has been known to give pointers from time to time. He is a truly nice guy,
Which parts? Was it his toes?
how can you be worried about this guy going broke? he has 6 mil for christ sakes and how often does he play that high? Most likely once a season when hsp comes around, and he final tabled LA and won the head up, i dont think his bankroll is hurting now or prably ever. jamie gold got paid less money from the main event than paul, and plays 1000 times worse on hsp, why arent we talking about him going broke?
No no.. I'm just curious to know how much they are being paid and how much of the money is 100% their own.he's only like 25ish, and with that kind of money, he could chillax for the rest of his life playing some 5-10nl and 10-20nl and not have to worry.
No no.. I'm just curious to know how much they are being paid and how much of the money is 100% their own.he's only like 25ish, and with that kind of money, he could chillax for the rest of his life playing some 5-10nl and 10-20nl and not have to worry.
thatd be boring. What gets your blood rushing like losing a 100g+ pot? Other than crack
he's only like 25ish, and with that kind of money, he could chillax for the rest of his life playing some 5-10nl and 10-20nl and not have to worry.
also, wasnt the article about him in Card Player magazine saying that he used to play online and was making about 1000-3000 grand a day (or maybe it was a week). I know that he bought in himself to the main event, he wanted to do it all on his own. Was a great article, for as young as he is, he seems to have a great head on his shoulder.Also, the players on HSP get a standard "actors" pay.... $1250 an hour.
They get paid $1250 without having a rake. Pretty sweet. What more could they need
also, wasnt the article about him in Card Player magazine saying that he used to play online and was making about 1000-3000 grand a day (or maybe it was a week). I know that he bought in himself to the main event, he wanted to do it all on his own. Was a great article, for as young as he is, he seems to have a great head on his shoulder.Also, the players on HSP get a standard "actors" pay.... $1250 an hour.
3,000 grand a day is like 3 million dollars. Not a bad day for 5-10nl.

I thought he was one of the better players ... as others have said, he established a very tight/"scared" image then used that to his advantage. The A7 hand (sooted!) was a standard (at the time) raise of 4BB or $2400 (not sure if there was a straddle on). I thought Harman's call with A9 offsuit on that specific hand was the questionable one although she was getting close to 4 to 1 on the call, I believe. Myself, I wouldn't make that call, but what do I know?

i think this was in bluff magazine, and this was for a very short period of time when he was starting to focus on it. This was not sustained over a large sample period.