Stanley Cup Finals

man alfredsson was a massive ***** at the end of the 2nd there. he clearly lined that slapper up at neider, after the buzzer had sounded. that is as bad as pronger twigging someone as they are skating past in my opinion. what a little *****

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been tossing around potential line combinations since Saturday, with McAmmond being a no-go for tonight.Now, we do have five centers in the lineup, with both the second (Comrie - Fisher) and third (Kelly-Vermette) lines having a center playing the wing. But it would be a shame to break up any of these lines, so we're pretty much screwed. It's pretty much a given that Eaves will dress in McAmmond's spot. Although I'd love to see McGrattan out there, Eaves just has much more upside.The question is though, who will play center between Saprykin and Schubert ? I'd say Eaves will get the nod as center to start out the game, and Fisher or Spezza or Kelly or Vermette getting some double-shift duty once in a while. But before the night is done, I think we might see Murray use at least a few of these funky line combinations :Heatley-Kelly-AlfredssonSchaefer-Spezza-FisherEaves-Vermette-NeilSaprykin-Comrie-SchubertORHeatley-Spezza-EavesSchaefer-Fisher-NeilComrie-Vermette-AlfredssonSaprykin-Kelly-SchubertShould be fun !!!! Let's tie it up boys !
Well, I had this one down right...Spezza to Eaves to Heatley...HE SCOOOORES !!!Man what a friggin' brain cramp by Redden on the GWG. I can live with Neil getting caught in the offensive zone with Kelly and Vermette both forechecking deep. OK, a 3-on-2 coming, doh, but let's break it up... And then Redden tries to stand up McDonald in the neutral zone ? WTF ?!?!? Now it's a 2-on-1 and Meszaros is caught out of position. He still almost intercepts the pass but it slides under his stick, tap-in goal Dustin Penner. AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH !!! Dude, you are our star d-man, I hate to bring up salaries when discussing on-ice performance, but you are eating up 6.5 M$ of cap space. WTG Wade, WTG...SilverSeven was a very unhappy human last night.
man alfredsson was a massive ***** at the end of the 2nd there. he clearly lined that slapper up at neider, after the buzzer had sounded. that is as bad as pronger twigging someone as they are skating past in my opinion. what a little *****
Do you think he did it intentionally? It looked like he just wanted to get the puck down the ice to kill the time. He hesitated the first time because an icing still may have given Anaheim a chance. When he did finally shoot it does seem that he lined up Niedermayer when all he had to do by that time was flip it past them. It certainly was a very questionable play.
Do you think he did it intentionally? It looked like he just wanted to get the puck down the ice to kill the time. He hesitated the first time because an icing still may have given Anaheim a chance. When he did finally shoot it does seem that he lined up Niedermayer when all he had to do by that time was flip it past them. It certainly was a very questionable play.
I am fairly certain that he did do it intentionally. The main thing is that he looks up at the clock just as he passes the blue line and notices that there is only like 4 seconds left. He knows he can't get a decent scoring chance on a quick rush. So what are his options ? A - He hangs on to the puck and lets time expireB - He fires it on net C - He chips it in the cornerD - He fires it in the cornerIMO, 95% of the time, Alfie would do either A or B. His only excuse to say that it was unintentional would be to say that he tried D, but Niedermayer was just in the way. Yeah, right. No, I really think that given his options, he decided to go with E - Drill the opposing captain.
I wonder if Serge thinks it was intentional?
I don't give a rat's arse what Serge thinks.He would, however, be a very wise man to share my reasonable, thought-out opinion...

Alfie claimed it wasn't intentional, something about bobbling the puck, but people report he was looking right at Niedermayer. And for killing time we all know he loves to do the spin-o-rama / skate around so that doesn't jive...

Goot game. Pronger who?
I thought Pronger sitting out was over-rated, as he doesn't match up well against the Sens. They have the speed to take advantage of his lack of mobility and do a great job of taking away point shots...
I am fairly certain that he did do it intentionally. The main thing is that he looks up at the clock just as he passes the blue line and notices that there is only like 4 seconds left. He knows he can't get a decent scoring chance on a quick rush. So what are his options ? A - He hangs on to the puck and lets time expireB - He fires it on net C - He chips it in the cornerD - He fires it in the cornerIMO, 95% of the time, Alfie would do either A or B. His only excuse to say that it was unintentional would be to say that he tried D, but Niedermayer was just in the way. Yeah, right. No, I really think that given his options, he decided to go with E - Drill the opposing captain.
Definitely intentional. The most pissed off person in the rink at this is without a doubt Chris Neil. In the next regular season game he'll be the one stuck protecting Alfredsson when the Ducks try to get their revenge. A tough guy doesn't mind helping the skilled players get some room but when they start **** (like shooting the puck at the opposing teams best player at the end of a period) and hope for them to come in to protect them its a whole different thing.

I may be wrong but from the replay I saw it looked like it hit Niedermeyer in the shoulder. Thats why I believe it was intentional because if he wanted to shoot it that high it would have been a flip not a slap. Considering how high it was I think both Neidermeyer and Alfredsson are lucky it didnt hit him in the face or neck because then there would probably be a suspension. Which starts another debate would Alfredsson be suspended if Neidermeyer had been injured? Would Pronger be suspended if McAmmond got up right away? Its clear to me the NHL bases alot of their suspensions on if the player was injured and not the act.

Alfie claimed it wasn't intentional, something about bobbling the puck, but people report he was looking right at Niedermayer. And for killing time we all know he loves to do the spin-o-rama / skate around so that doesn't jive...I thought Pronger sitting out was over-rated, as he doesn't match up well against the Sens. They have the speed to take advantage of his lack of mobility and do a great job of taking away point shots...
Indeed. I was the one who took the yelling for saying the Ducks would perform more admirably in his absence in the Detroit game because the Ducks thrive on adversity and when everyone has to take their game up a notch, that's obviously going to win you a lot of small battles.Not to throw salt or anything because I like you and Silver Seven but I just don't get the infatuation with Redden. I think I made a post awhile back in one of the threads about him seemingly having a knack for being a part of a big opposing goal in the most unopportune of moments. I do heart Chris Phillips though.Edit: found ithttp://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...t&p=1869672
Indeed. I was the one who took the yelling for saying the Ducks would perform more admirably in his absence in the Detroit game because the Ducks thrive on adversity and when everyone has to take their game up a notch, that's obviously going to win you a lot of small battles.Not to throw salt or anything because I like you and Silver Seven but I just don't get the infatuation with Redden. I think I made a post awhile back in one of the threads about him seemingly having a knack for being a part of a big opposing goal in the most unopportune of moments. I do heart Chris Phillips though.Edit: found ithttp://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...t&p=1869672
What really set Redden apart for me through the years was his breakout pass. I can remember countless scoring chances starting with Hossa / Havlat / Alfredsson getting a tape-to-tape pass from Redden mid-stride flying through the neutral zone. With playoff hockey having much tighter checking, you see less of the long lead passes, and Redden's value is therefore hugely decreased.Right now, I like Phillips / Volchenkov shutdown ability and Corvo's speed and puck handling much better than what Redden brings to the team. Obv leadership and dressing room presence is a factor, but that alone does not warrant being the highest-payed player on the team. Anyhow, Meszaros always looked like he'd become a Redden clone, so pair him with a cheap, steady stay-at-home veteran and let him be the guy to lead the rush. I would be very surprised if Redden was still an Ottawa Senator after next season's trade deadline.
I would be very surprised if Redden was still an Ottawa Senator after next season's trade deadline.
That will probably depend on what happens with Corvo / Preissing; and if Redden is willing to sign an extension at a discount. Also, with Emery being so young (and sometimes inconsistent) the team imho needs more defensive types. Just seems to me that the typical Sens game is that they are fairly dominant with the odd whopper of a brain freeze where the other team walks in :|.Oh and when Redden was signed he was probably by far our best d-man (Chara having been exposed as a human pilion in the playoffs)