Very bizarre that he has come back and made some posts since the scam, including one where he claims to have spent $50 on some weird subscription so he could watch the wsop live or something (I didn't read it too carefully). OP have you tried contacting him again through PMs or emails?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had given up on this until I saw that DaRockets is still posting in the general form from time to time (I assumed we would never hear from him again). Dude, do the right thing and ship the $$ back to me.I checked him out as well as I could, in that I exchanged emails with him, found out about where he lived, what he does, looked him up on the various DB sites. No red flags so I took a flier; obviously a bad one in retrospect.That said, in response to one poster, and as I've said many, many, many times before - using post count as a measure of anything other than how much free time someone has is absolutely ridiculous.
Didn't someone post that the kid you staked only had 60 posts or so around here? There's your problem.Sorry you got ripped off, but Royal is right (how hot!). You should ask some trusted members here what they think of whomever is asking for a stake, and if you stake someone with 60 posts, then it's partly your fault. Post count should be considered. You think someone with 5,000 posts here is going to risk ruining their reputation for a stake to play in one tournament? I doubt it.Good luck getting your money back though.

I do think post count should be taken into consideration when you stake someone or using someone as a third party. OP- sorry and I hope you get your $ back.

I do think post count should be taken into consideration when you stake someone or using someone as a third party. OP- sorry and I hope you get your $ back.
i think seeing drunk pictures of ppl online makes me trust them more:lol:
+1 :club:
+2 :club:
+3 :club::DOK, I'll stop now.
This is why I only stake people "live" and those people are my "friends" Im hoping this is getting through to you as bad as it sounds dont trust anybody that isnt close to you in your personal life.No offense but I would never stake/accept a stake from anyone on this forum. It just causes too many problems and then we see like 10 "I got ripped off by [insert screen name here]" threads.
Even that is not a sure thing. I've lost $300 in a bad staking after a "friend" who plays live with me welshed on his debt. I've become bitter and have decided to apply the following rule.Don't. Stake. Anyone.*(*except family and friends who I know OUTSIDE the poker world AND trust to play well at the tables. There are exactly two people that I'm not related to who I would feel comfortable staking.)
I'm on FCP everyday with accounts at almost every online site. There are hundreds of FCP'ers just like me with just as many posts.Please people... talk to us as a 3rd party, or for advice or anything you might be concerned with.when you do transfers , you should have a 3rd party who is trustworthy, when you do stakes. you should have a few notables vouch for your horse.
sounds like a good idea.

I dont care if Royal has 275346347 posts, I wouldnt trust him with one dollar of mine, cuz he's a bitttttttchhhhhhhhhh

Didn't someone post that the kid you staked only had 60 posts or so around here? There's your problem.Sorry you got ripped off, but Royal is right (how hot!). You should ask some trusted members here what they think of whomever is asking for a stake, and if you stake someone with 60 posts, then it's partly your fault. Post count should be considered. You think someone with 5,000 posts here is going to risk ruining their reputation for a stake to play in one tournament? I doubt it.Good luck getting your money back though.
I appreciate your point, but you are missing mine. Yes, I agree that someone (but not all) who has 5000 posts isn't going to rip me off. But that doesn't mean that someone with 60 posts is. As I said before, I checked him out as best I could, and certainly as much as I wanted to for that amount of money. I am completely comfortable with the level of due diligence I put into it, and frankly wasn't really looking for opinions on that when I started the thread (although I certainly don't mind them). The point of the thread is that hopefully he will see it and see his name being trashed and hopefully do the right thing.
You think someone with 5,000 posts here is going to risk ruining their reputation for a stake to play in one tournament? I doubt it.Good luck getting your money back though.
You clearly value message board reputations far more than I do. I'm not a dishonest guy and would never rip anyone off (nor do I even ask for/accept stakes), but it has nothing to do with my message board rep. It has to do with common decency and morality.I imagine that what is holding people back from stealing when they ask for stakes has nothing to do with reputation. If the sanction of people saying mean internet words is enough to scare you, I imagine you're not the type who would steal in the first place.

It's pretty common sense to figure out who can be trusted to be staked and who can't. I've never had a problem and I've done it several times. I've held money for last longers and shipped it to others to hold...never been a problem. If it really needs to be explained to you how to figure out who to stake and who not to, you need a good dose of common sense in your coffee tomorrow morning.

It's pretty common sense to figure out who can be trusted to be staked and who can't. I've never had a problem and I've done it several times. I've held money for last longers and shipped it to others to hold...never been a problem. If it really needs to be explained to you how to figure out who to stake and who not to, you need a good dose of common sense in your coffee tomorrow morning.
Can I get a stake?
I think you need a good dose of reading comprehension in your coffee tomorrow morning, since I said very clearly that I don't need this explained to me, but thanks very much for contributing this very helpful reply. (sw)
I think you need a good dose of reading comprehension in your coffee tomorrow morning, since I said very clearly that I don't need this explained to me, but thanks very much for contributing this very helpful reply. (sw)
Go easy on the Cubs fan, Kestral. The Cubs fan, unfortunately, is always looking for someone who maybe just maybe has it worse than he. And at least in baseball, no such being exists.GO CARDINALS! (Winners of 2 WS in my lifetime) :club:
This wasn't directed at you. I know this wasn't the point of your OP...but the thread went in that direction and others chimed in about post counts and whether that matters and blah blah blah. I apologize if you thought this was directed at you, it was more of a general statement. Sorry.
This wasn't directed at you. I know this wasn't the point of your OP...but the thread went in that direction and others chimed in about post counts and whether that matters and blah blah blah. I apologize if you thought this was directed at you, it was more of a general statement. Sorry.
NP, I should have given you the benefit of the doubt. Anyway, I think I've wasted enough time with this thread. Hopefully the kid will make the right decision, and if he does I'll be the first to accept his apology and commend him for taking responsibility for his bad decision. We all make 'em; it's what you do about them that defines you, IMHO.
Go easy on the Cubs fan, Kestral. The Cubs fan, unfortunately, is always looking for someone who maybe just maybe has it worse than he. And at least in baseball, no such being exists.GO CARDINALS! (Winners of 2 WS in my lifetime) :club:
Hey!!!!!Screw you pal!