I'm mostly a tournament player but lately i've been playing in some NL cash games, mainly .25-.50 at Full Tilt. Without having too many notes on the cash game players i've been relying on the flop % and avg. pot size to determine which table I play at. A pattern i've noticed (and I could be way off base because I haven't played many sessions) is that a table may show 35-40% players seeing the flop but once I get there it drops dramatically and the play is very tight. I try to get on waiting lists where i'm first or second so there shouldn't be too much turnover by the time I get seated but it doesn't seem to matter. My question is should I look to be moving around alot to different tables with the best percentages or just stick it out at my table and adjust my play according to the action? Thanks .....PS.....I just opened an account on PokerStars....are the cash games softer/better there compared to Full Tilt?

I think that commonly happens because the LAGtard busts out which opens a seat for you. One maniac at a table will really change the numbers - specially if anyone is paying any kind of attention.Small stakes NL online is surprisingly nitty to me. I have a hard time with it because I find it extremely boring to wait on a premium hand and then get paid little on it. This leads to me either getting too LAG or playing while reading forums, etc which doesn't help me much. I think FTP is slightly nittier than stars but both are night and day from small stakes in the B&M.

I think that commonly happens because the LAGtard busts out which opens a seat for you. One maniac at a table will really change the numbers - specially if anyone is paying any kind of attention.Small stakes NL online is surprisingly nitty to me. I have a hard time with it because I find it extremely boring to wait on a premium hand and then get paid little on it. This leads to me either getting too LAG or playing while reading forums, etc which doesn't help me much. I think FTP is slightly nittier than stars but both are night and day from small stakes in the B&M.
I totally agree with you about small stakes NL being nitty. I guess I had this impression that there would be a bunch of loose cannons and guys playing every pot but that's certainly not the case.

The currently play .0/.25 and .25/.50 NL on Full Tilt, and I've pretty much stopped worrying about the preflop numbers and avg. pot size. I'll sit at a table with a higher pf number if it's available, but even the tight tables at these stakes are pretty easy to beat.Even though the players are tight preflop, most of the players at this level still either fold too easily, or can't get off a hand once they've limped into the pot, even after calling a preflop raise out of position. This leads to tight players who are easier to put on a range and who are very willing to call huge bets in big pots with just top pair.I suppose you could lag it up and get creative, but I just play ABC positional poker, with somewhat tighter than normal starting standards, and I've been beating the games solidly over about 12k hands (I don't play NL that often.)

whats the point of playing that low of a limit? .25/.50 nl sounds ridiculous. even if your bankroll is not big to play 1-2 nl i think anything less should be banned or u shouldnt be playing poker

If you want loose wild poker, you should go play LHE. It's crazy.....
I've actually switched back to SH LHE. Most are still overly weak/tight but you get the occasional maniac. The majority though have no idea how to play SH LHE and the money is pretty easy. Plus overall I find it more of an action game - raising is more fun than calling or folding.
I've actually switched back to SH LHE. Most are still overly weak/tight but you get the occasional maniac. The majority though have no idea how to play SH LHE and the money is pretty easy. Plus overall I find it more of an action game - raising is more fun than calling or folding.
SHLHE for the win, weeeeeeeeeeeee
whats the point of playing that low of a limit? .25/.50 nl sounds ridiculous. even if your bankroll is not big to play 1-2 nl i think anything less should be banned or u shouldnt be playing poker
You realize how silly you are making yourself look, right?People play poker for tons of different reasons, and have different wealth-levels and comfort levels, etcSome people even play play money for fun!Others play low limits because they love to spend hours analyzing play and looking at optimality, etc, and aren't concerned about money.

I never bother looking up table stats anymore. I'm usually playing loads of tables and for long sessions, even in an hour the table changes dramatically. I can't be bothered spending my time looking up new tables, I'd rather spend my time actually playing.Plus I believe I'm one of the best players at my limit, so I don't care who I'm up against because I think I can beat them all.

great insight.
You are right if you are talking about live poker. Online is different. Even players at 25 cent 50 cent are better than live players playing 1 2 nl.
Aren't you the guy who doesn't know the meaning of the word unethical (you were asking an etiquette question) from the asking to see someone's hand at showdown thread ?I'm not sure how much credibility you have here now.We all have different bankrolls, there is no shame in playing .25/.5 NL. OP, Fulltilt is known for being a rock garden compared to other sites. As another poster already said, the LAG player probably busted and that's why your seat was freed up.