i would think that the play would work better against a LAG. the tight aggro player is more likely to have a big hand UTG and he won't fold
yeah your right. i meant to add a tight aggro or LAG player in LP. I dont reccomend re-stealing agianst UTG ever.
we were down to 3 tables at this point and it pays to 10. He was calling raises, but to call with that for your whole tournament.
Really stupid to push on a guy you know is going to call. That's the recipe for losing to them
How bout this for hand? EP makes standard raise. MP moves all in. Hero is next to act. Hero Reraises all in. Player left to hero rereraises all in. EP makes the call.Guess the hands? $5 on stars to get them all right
EP = AK, MP= 99 Hero= KK Left= AA

Seattle, no offense, but it's not a great play.It's never a great play when you admit that he has been open raising and CALLING raises with A5. Does this sound like the kind of player who is giong to think about "Gee, what can I beat?" Don't bluff a calling station. Don't bluff a guy who has no idea what you're doing.

Wow, people are really still replying to this guys posts?!?!? DAMMIT! I fell for it too. Carry on...
I haven't read any of this thread. But if Seattle posted some 'hand' that he played and you people are actually giving it serious responses, I hope you all come play at my tables because you clearly are not paying attention to what happens around you. Namely that Seattle just about NEVER posts anything that isn't a troll post.Mark

thanks for the real responses, I dont know whats up with this troll reference or ban. Im just posting whats up and the same people bust my balls. In any case I felt he would lay down his crappy hand realizing whoa wait a minute, every time I have been in a pot I showed what I had. I read him for ace rag and would have enough sense to lay it down to a raise, given the circumstances down to final three tables plus the money at stake.

what made it a really bad play was that the guy raised UTG. and with the blinds at 400-800 and him having 10K in chips assuming he raised to 3-5X he has already put a decent % of his stack in the middle. He actually made a great call, as for the initial raise UTG, well that was pretty bad but he is a donkey and you should expect stuff like that from him. The play you made should be saved for a Tight aggro player capable of folding a hand. The fact that you made this play on a donk makes you a donk aswell. Trying to re-steal against UTG raises is just stupid. Especially when he is already somewhat commited to the hand
he made it 2100 to be exact
thanks for the real responses, I dont know whats up with this troll reference or ban. Im just posting whats up and the same people bust my balls. In any case I felt he would lay down his crappy hand realizing whoa wait a minute, every time I have been in a pot I showed what I had. I read him for ace rag and would have enough sense to lay it down to a raise, given the circumstances down to final three tables plus the money at stake.
Bad players don't really understand what's going on at the table around them.This is what makes them bad players.It was simply a poor play against this player.Watch for the players that will lay down their hands to resteals. These are the players that this may work on. Not the clueless calling stations. All you have to do to take their money is value bet.
how many times have people asked you to post strat in strat??? Just saying, if you did'nt act like a troll you would'nt get treated like one.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Bad players don't really understand what's going on at the table around them.This is what makes them bad players.It was simply a poor play against this player.Watch for the players that will lay down their hands to resteals. These are the players that this may work on. Not the clueless calling stations. All you have to do to take their money is value bet.
well this guy qualified by making 2 final table appearances to make it into the tournament. The buy-in was 90 dollars for the other qualifier tournaments. It ran for 20 weeks and it was for a WSOP prize package that could of been cashed out. It was one of those things were 19k first place, final table at least assures you of 500, one would think with what is at stake that things would be different. I folded hands like JJ,QQ, AK numerous times during the tournaments to monster reraises, each time I was shown a better hand like KK,AA, and the three times I laid down AK the other opponent had KK, and QQ twice

let me ask you this. how many of you would end up making the call?

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
omfg great movie.

So wait a minute...you are mad about this? He raises 21% of his stack and you make a donkey shove with QT. 400+800+2100+10,000 = 13,300. He is getting about 1.7-1 to call with the better hand. Hmmmmm. You made the bad play. A semi-short stack raises big and you make a play with Queen high. I don't care what you have been showing down, a desperate player will call all-in. Don't get mad. You reraised knowing he was capable of going all-in. If you felt Q-T was good, then the play was a good one.

Well I am new to the forum and don't know who are "trolls" and who aren't so I'll take this out of the equation. He posted something shiny...and I am blonde.SHINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let me ask you this. how many of you would end up making the call?
It doesn't matter, all that matters is that THIS guy made that call.

thinking about I could of just laid it down and not even think about making a move

How bout this for hand? EP makes standard raise. MP moves all in. Hero is next to act. Hero Reraises all in. Player left to hero rereraises all in. EP makes the call.Guess the hands? $5 on stars to get them all right
Small pair 44s, A10, QQ, AA (I don't care about the stake; I mean I'll take it, but I'd really like to know what they had. Thanks.)"The German's bombed Pearl Harbor?" "Shut up. He's on a roll!"I'm not sure I get it; if you know the guy is calling with Ace rag and Ace rag has you beat why would you bluff at him? It doesn't matter that he hit his Ace he had you going in. What am I missing?KE