Why Are Poker Players Trash?

I am not trying to start a fight, but which thread are you referring to? I found one thread where you talked about how people who flame on the Internet could one day get shot by a psychopath (I assume that is the thread to which you are referring), but if it is, I believe that I am missing the point of what you wrote. I mean, you gave up that day and said you were leaving the forum and deleted your post, so how did that show any retribution. Again, not trying to instigate but I am interested in what you are referring to; I think poker players get hostile because of the fact that they are losing money; nobody likes losing money and since it is bad players who talk smack and insult others (good players have learned to roll with bad beats), they are losing money and are going to get angry;
Actually I did finally get some satisfaction ... that's why I still lurk around from time to time. I can't really discuss the details. If you want I could change my name so you don't know who I am. Anywhoo ... I am just saying if you do some searching around the internet you'll find more than one case of someone tracking another down for something said online in these situations. That's all.

lol therrin is eventually gonna get hunted down by someone - i was playin a $22 180-man the other day and we wound up at the same table and i told him how i liked his post about the 180s and he responded by saying 'i provided the scholarship to the asian that killed all your friends' (my pic on stars is a VT logo). obv i had to report that considering one of my friends actually was killed, but that guy's a **** and sooner or later he'll get hunted down by somebody...

One of my greatest joys is getting people's chat banned. Anything of a profane nature, sexual orientation, dead mothers...etc. I tell support that my "playing experience" has been sullied by this persons behavior and I would appreciate them looking into the chat logs. Works everytime.But that's just me.*L*T*
i bet you were the MAN in high school.

I'm more surprised by the players who get runner-runnerd-2-wide gut shotted by 7h3c from a player who calls two cold preflop and calls the turn getting 6:1 with 4 outs, on a paired board with 3 of same suit.now that guy showing restraint with his KK on a Qs4s4h 5s 6d board losing to 73. That's thread worthy.Yes, I hunted the guy down.

But yet, I have had sex with all of your mothers....sorry.
Yea you still owe me a C note from that, and no those aren't ingrown hairs
everybody knows that "your mom" jokes don't REALLY mean "your mom". Anybody that says, "my mom's dead" after getting a "your mom" joke thrown at them is just trying to make the other person feel guilty and look like an asshole whether it is true or not. Depending on the situation, "that's why she didn't move much" may or may not be called for.
BAD TASTE JOKES FOLLOWING. Others options include but not exclusive to. 1. "Hey the other guy was choking her i was just having sex"2. "Lucky i didnt say i ate her out it could of been taken literally"3. "And yet she didnt smell any differant"4. "Well I got her pregnant and if i had to have another you, I would end it too."5. "Jezze lucky I was the first in the train wreck ay." 6. "hey she was my mum too."7."your dead mum gets more action then you do, shame"8. "Sucks to be you"

Turn off chat if it bothers you. I leave chat off most of the time. I'll turn it on and type "NH" every now and then if someone makes a particularly moronic play and makes a horrific suckout. Otherwise, I just have no interest in reading what anyone types in a chat box.In a tournament, I'll turn it on when I get to a final table to see if anyone is talking about a deal.

honestly I think the big poker boom from moneymaker winning the wsop has ruined and helped poker. Sure it helped bringing in a lot of new players thinking they can make a living playing and have no clue whats in store for them......and it also ruined it because they bring their bad mouth talk and bad morals to the game. When im sitting at a table there are a few polite people and there is always a motor boat who is usually dumping his money off and than catching 2-4 outers and hitting....than he calls the other player a donkey.Its just funny where poker has transformed, too many donkeys not a lot of good polite people.

• 1 year later...
It's been a while but I feel bad. I shouldn't have made this post. He sucked out on me, so I made this up to give him a bad name. You guys should ask for a chat transcript when comments like this are made.
His first post sucked.His second post is the best second post ever.
It is internet. Look up duval76 in the phone book and you will come up nothing. Real poker players, OTB are not like this for the reasons of safety to health also generalisations FTW
You're right in that it is the internet. So, I looked him up on Google:http://www.google.com/search?client=safari...-8&oe=UTF-8And here is his blog:SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2008Welcome"duval76 is one of, if not the best sng player in the world."http://duval76.blogspot.com/
I've posted on this one before. And you're all quite correct. They do it because they don't believe they can be found. They are, however, mistaken. And more than one person has found that out. I will let you all search on that one.Oh, and if you think that was tough this may not be the forum for you. Welcome and buy a flame suit ASAP.
Give me a crumb...

For what it's worth, I'm generally a decent (winning, anyway)card player, and am an absolutely terrible person; callous, hateful, selfish and spiteful in every marginally convenient aspect of life. Yet while playing I'm never even remotely abusive, particularly when it's anonymous. I've just never felt the desire to be. Just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone whose collecting data.