wpt championship starts today

The second biggest poker tournament of the year begins today, and I am sure plenty of people will provide live updates of the action.Half the field will play today and the other hald on Tuesday.I have no idea how many entries there are but I am guessing well over 500, maybe close to 1000 (anyone with any information about this should post it)the first prize should easily be over $3 million dollars, which will make it the second-largest first place reward of all time.Last year Martin De Knijff edged out Hasin Habib and won the tournament and 2.7 million.so post your predictions for the final 6 this year and your winner.(winner in bold)Erick Lindgren (surprise?)David PhamJohn CernutoDavid OppenheimDavid LeviJosh AriehAnd I'll join the support team and say FCP's own Kurt Lester will cash against all odds.

Final table:UnknownScotty NguyenMarcel LuskeUnknownThe GrinderUnknownScotty, Marcel, and the Grinder have been having a better year than anyone at this point, in terms of consistently.Does Kurt play today or tomorrow?

1. kurt - suited up  2. tryangle3. DN4. the guy that kept sayingHE CALLED ME WITH QUEEN HIGH guy5. chris moneymaker6. greg raymer
it was J high....right?
oh ya...he was saying "he called me with jack high" but it was really queen high
1. kurt - suited up  2. tryangle3. DN4. the guy that kept sayingHE CALLED ME WITH QUEEN HIGH guy5. chris moneymaker6. greg raymer
it was J high....right?
oh ya...he was saying "he called me with jack high" but it was really queen high
For some reason I doubt he could afford the buy-in for the tourney.

I am going walk down to the bellagio right now, hopefully i can get in some work and watch a little when i take a few breaks. Does anyone know what this kurt guy looks like...i was hoping to check up on his stack...it would be nice to see him do well.

since everyone else is making there picks...Erick LindgrenHasan HabibThe GrinderLayne FlackMarcel LuskeI'd seriously bank on one of them winning it all, of course it could be an unknown just as easy... but one thing I'll bet anyone is that Josh Arieh is nowhere near the final table of this one.Although he's a great player, I just don't see him getting through this field.Not that he hasn't made it through a big field before :wink:

I think John Juanda is a sleeping giant. This may be what it takes to awaken him. In no particular order...1. Juanda2. EDog3. DN4. Grinder5. Ferguson (playing amazing poker lately)6. David Williams (got a feeling)Watch out for EDog.

Final Table:Kurt "Suited Up"- he is the only unknown that I know the name of, and one of them is bound to make the final table.Carlos M.- Somebody from the DN crew will make it, and my money is on Carlos.David Williams- Ever since I got the chance to play with him in a side game I have gained a lot of respect for him.Todd Brunson- He just missed the final table of the PPT event, so I will say he avenges that here.Unknown Guy #2Phil Ivey- if he decides to focus on this event, the final table is easily reachable.In the end, I think that Phil Ivey beats David Williams heads up, making David Williams the bridesmaid for the two biggest tournaments ever (so far).

Picking a winner in a tournament like this is like shaking a box of Smarties and guessing how many red ones are inside.Common sense will help and you may get lucky, but skill has little to do with it.Go Kurt!