2014 Aussie Millions $250,000 Challenge

The $250,000 Challenge at the 2014 Aussie Millions just finished Day 1 and the size of this tourney with unlimited re-entries is something else. Re-entry is available until Day 2 starts on Monday.

Daniel is in for 2 bullets and plans on entering again before Day 2 begins.

Updates from Poker News and Daniel via Twitter.

Good Luck Daniel

http://www.pokernews...250K-challenge/

https://twitter.com/...er/with_replies

Daniel's Twitter Updates

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 8h

@dnchips rough start to the $250k event lost half my stack

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 7h

@dnchips 160,600 end level 3 playing 2k-4k now

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 6h

@DNChips busted AK vs Dan Smith QQ. Looking to find $250k on the floor somewhere for a rebuy

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 6h

Madness down under #AussieMillions in for $500k again and another massive prize pool with rebuys coming in at $250k a pop!

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 5h

@dnchips 663k end level 6 three more levels of rebuys at 40 min per level

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 4h

@dnchips busted the 250k 89 clubs in the big blind flop J73 two clubs and I missed. That's that for me! Not rebuying.

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 1h

Down but not out! I will be making my return to the $250k Challenge #AussieMillions tomorrow for bullet #3 yup.

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 4m

Just insane how many people are buying into the $250k with 12.5 blinds today. I'm one of them! Sold 20% to the luckiest guy I know!

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 2m

Doubled up! K9 vs A8 I hit a 9 weee! This is so fun! #FlippingCoins #$250kaPop

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 5m

Was down to 190k then got KK vs K6 and AA vs KK hello 930k! 15 players left top spot is 4 million! Follow @dnchips for further updates

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 5m

@dnchips just busted Tobias K6 vs A2 over a million now! 14 players left top 6 get paid I need 5th or better to show a profit

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 25m

@dnchips 1.16 million 11 players left avg is a bit over a million playing 15k-30k blinds next

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 19m

@dnchips 8 handed final table I have 1,055,000 good for about 5th or 6th in chips. Top 6 get paid

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 3h

@dnchips 7 left I have 1.17 mill. Phil Ivey Mike McDonald Isaac Haxton Erik Seidel Tom Dwan and Fabian Quoss. Top blokes down to the end.

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 2h

@dnchips 1,660,000 good for 3rd right now with 7 left on a $500k bubble playing 25k-50k

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 2h

@dnchips with 7 strong players and a $500k bubble it takes a while. They know what they are doing. Up to 2 mill in chips now

@dnchips bubble burst and it was Erik Seidel. Guaranteed $500k now and need to move up one spot to guarantee another $50k profit.

I did it AGAIN! 5 left I'm guaranteed at least $800k after spending $750k in buyins. Shot at $4 million now. #AussieMilions250K

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 13m

@dnchips 1.52 mill 5 handed with Phil Ivey Mike McDonald Isaac Haxton & Fabian Quoss. Ike has a big stack rest of us close.

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 40s

@dnchips grinding hard! Up to 3.7 me and Ivey in front with Haxton and McDonald now trailing. This is so exciting and fun to play.

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 10m

@dnchips Timex is a 2 big blind genius! 3rd time I've seen him do this. He is now chipleader lol. I have 3 mill 4 still left

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 15s

Crazy turn of events for me to finish 4th but I did, losing to Ivey on the river. Cashed for $1,250,000 so there is always a bright side!

Negreanu Out

Team PokerStars Pro Daniel Negreanu and Erik Seidel got involving in a raising war on the jc.gif7h.gif3c.gif flop. After all of the money went in, Negreanu tabled the 9c.gif8c.gif for a combo draw and was up against the 3h.gif3s.gif for Seidel's bottom set.

The turn was the qs.gif, and then the river completed the board with the as.gif. Negreanu missed all of his draws and was eliminated for the second time. Seidel moved to 950,000 in chips.

Another Record-Setting Day of the Aussie Millions Complete

Day 1 of the 2014 Aussie Millions LK Boutique $250,000 Challenge has come to a close, and it was another record-setting day of action here in beautiful Melbourne, Australia. At the completion of play, a total of 37 entries were generated, setting a new record in this event. Of those, 18 survived to make Day 2 with none other than Erik Seidel leading the way with 944,000 in chips.

Seidel has a nice gap of over 100,000 in chips between him and Tom Dwan in second place with 815,000. From there, Isaac Haxton (800,000), Jason Mercier (767,000), and Yevgeniy Timoshenko (705,000) round out the top five. Timoshenko is currently riding a bit of a hot streak after taking down the $100,000 Challenge in the early hours of the morning for AU$2,000,000.

Much like the $100,000 Challenge event, this event saw several players fire multiple bullets. Igor Kurganov finished the day on 235,000 and entered three times, while Rono Lo bagged up 325,000 and fired two bullets. PokerStars Team Online's Haxton famously fired six bullets in the $100,000 Challenge and busted all of them before coming into this event and firing off two worth AU$250,000 each. He did end up making the second bullet a very successful one by finishing third overall heading into Day 2.

Daniel Negreanu, Philipp Gruissem, and Mike "Timex" McDonald also fired two bullets, but all three of them busted both and did not return for a third time. Registration and reentry will remain open until the start of Day 2 on Monday, so we'll have to wait and see if anyone rocks up for a first, second, or third attempt in this prestigious event.

Speaking of Day 2, the cards will be in the air at 12:30 p.m. local time. The plan is to play down to a winner, and Day 2's levels will be extended to 60 minutes in length. While you wait for Day 2 to roll around, though, be sure to head over to PokerNews' coverage of the Main Event final table. With AU$1,600,000 up top to the winner after a field of 668 runners showed up, it's an exciting event you won't want to miss the conclusion of.

We'll see you right back here tomorrow! Have a good night.

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker · 4m

Just insane how many people are buying into the $250k with 12.5 blinds today. I'm one of them! Sold 20% to the luckiest guy I know!

Draw Time

Several players have reentered or are entering for the first time, and it looks like at least eight more entries have been generated. One of those players is Daniel Negreanu, who is firing his third bullet. He joins Igor Kurganov as players who fired AU$750,000 at this event.

Polk Doubles Through Negreanu

Doug Polk and Daniel Negreanu have been seated next to one another for the entire day and have been doing a good bit of friendly chatter. While they're clearly enjoying each other's company, the two just clashed in an all-in pot that saw Polk double through "Kid Poker."

Polk was all in for 146,000 with the as.gif4h.gif against Negreanu's qc.gifjd.gif. The board ran out da.gif10c.gif6h.gif9s.gif3c.gif, and Negreanu was halved with Polk doubling up.

Four Milly Up Top

The prize pool for the LK Boutique $250,000 Challenge has just been announced. The 46 entries generated a total purse of $11,270,000, and the top six players will earn $500,000.

The winner will take home a whopping $4 million.

Finish Prize

1 $4,000,000

2 $2,820,000

3 $1,900,000

4 $1,250,000

5 $800,000

6 $500,000

Negreanu Doubles With Kings then Aces

Daniel Negreanu was all in preflop for 190,000 holding kh.gifkc.gif against Doug Polk's ks.gif6c.gif. The board ran out qc.gif10c.gif6d.gif3h.gif8d.gif, and Negreanu doubled through.

Negreanu was then all in and at risk with as.gifah.gif, and his opponent Mike McDonald showed pocket kings - kc.gifkh.gif. Kid Poker held again as the flop, turn, and river produced 7s.gif4h.gif5h.gifqh.gifac.gif, and is now up over 900,000 chips.

Negreanu Busts Reinkemeier

Action folded to Team PokerStars Pro Daniel Negreanu in the small blind, and he moved all in against Tobias Reinkemeier's big blind. Reinkemeier called to put himself at risk with the ah.gif2c.gif for 190,000. Negreanu had the kc.gif6d.gif.

The board ran out 9d.gif6h.gif3s.gif9c.gif5d.gif, and Reinkemeier was eliminated.

Erik Seidel Bubbles the LK Boutique $250,000 Challenge

Erik Seidel open-shoved for around 15 big blinds, Daniel Negreanu tank-folded on his direct left, and Fabian Quoss re-shoved from the small blind.

Seidel: jd.gifjc.gif

Quoss: ks.gifkc.gif

Quoss' hand held up as the board ran out 7c.gif3d.gifqc.gif2c.gif2s.gif, and Seidel exits the LK Boutique $250,000 Challenge empty handed.

Tom Dwan Eliminated in 6th Place (AU$500,000)

After PokerStars Team Online's Isaac Haxton raised to 140,000, Tom Dwan reraised all in for around 400,000. Haxton made the call, and it was off to the races for these two with Dwan at risk holding the 8c.gif8h.gif. Haxton had two suited over cards in the kh.gifjh.gif.

The flop paired Haxton when the da.gifks.gif7s.gif fell. The turn was the jd.gif and improved Haxton to two pair, which meant Dwan needed an eight on the river to stay alive.

The 6h.gif on fifth street couldn't do it, though, and Dwan was out in sixth place for AU$500,000. Finishing in the money and earning that score netted Dwan the largest payday of his live tournament poker career. Previously, his largest live result was for $381,885.

Fabian Quoss Eliminated in 5th Place (AU$800,000)

Fabian Quoss raised to 175,000 on the button, Phil Ivey three-bet to 530,000 out of the small blind, and Quoss tanked for a but before moving all in for an addition 880,000. Ivey flashed a smile, then called.

Quoss: 8s.gif8d.gif

Ivey: kd.gifqh.gif

The German remained ahead after the flop (5s.gif7d.gif5c.gif) and the turn (ah.gif), but the kh.gif spiked on the river to give Ivey a pair of kings.

Ivey shipped the pot, while Quoss earns AU$800,000 for fifth place.

Daniel Negreanu Eliminated in 4th Place (AU$1,250,000)

From the small blind, Daniel Negreanu raised all in. Phil Ivey made the quick call from the big blind with the {A-Hearts}{K-Hearts}, and he was dominating the {A-Diamonds}{2-Clubs} for the at-risk Negreanu.

The flop vaulted Negreanu into the lead when the {10-Hearts}{6-Spades}{2-Spades} fell. The turn did give Ivey some more outs to now come from behind when the {J-Spades} fell, and then the {K-Clubs} completed the board on the river. Ivey finished with a better pair — a pair of kings — and Negreanu was eliminated in fourth place for AU$1,250,000. With Negreanu being in this event for three bullets worth a total of AU$750,000, he profited AU$500,000.

Mike McDonald Eliminated in 3rd Place (AU$1,900,000)

Mike McDonald moved all in from the small blind, and Isaac Haxton called from the big blind. McDonald was the player at risk with the {10-Diamonds}{8-Spades}, and Haxton had the {A-Spades}{K-Diamonds}. The flop, turn, and river ran out {6-Clubs}{2-Diamonds}{2-Spades}{6-Diamonds}{3-Hearts}, and McDonald fell in third place.

McDonald took home AU$1,900,000 for his finish and was able to profit AU$1,150,000 after firing three bullets similar to Daniel Negreanu for a total of AU$750,000 in buy-ins to this event. What's more is that McDonald finished runner-up in the $100,000 Challenge just a couple days ago for AU$1,500,000 to put his total take at AU$3,400,000.